Proposal: All Bruins Trade Talk - MOD warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Ottawa defense corps is pretty thin especially on the right-side. Carlo plus might get it done. Ottawa would be really tempted and would be licking their chops with the possibility of a Carlo and Chabot pairing for the next 10-15 yrs.

Of course the only way the Bruins would do this is for a signed stone.

Agreed....One of my worst traits is impulsivity....so sometimes I look at deals and just focus on the players without looking at their term.

Here is where conditional picks could be in play.

Carlo, under 24 y.o. player not JDB, Pasta or McAvoy and a 2nd or 3rd (depending on who the second player is) if he re-signs here....4th if not.

Maybe Ottawa adds a throw in.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Agreed....One of my worst traits is impulsivity....so sometimes I look at deals and just focus on the players without looking at their term.

Here is where conditional picks could be in play.

Carlo, under 24 y.o. player not JDB, Pasta or McAvoy and a 2nd or 3rd (depending on who the second player is) if he re-signs here....4th if not.

Maybe Ottawa adds a throw in.

Ottawa I'm sure would also have some interest in Homegrown boy Senyshyn as well as Chabot's defensive partner in juniors in Zboril.

Two big Questions the first one being would Ottawa deal within the division and would the Bruins pay the piper to bring in a player of Stones magnitude,because he's going to cost some dough.

Reactions: sarge88 and Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Agreed. I'd hate to see them spend bunch of picks for just depth guys. There's plenty of depth on the roster both up front and in D. That said, if guys like Tarasenko and Stone were genuinely available I would happily overpay. I'd even put DeBrusk and Carlo on the table for either of those two.

Not Carlo.He is going to be the horse on backend for years and offence not worth nothing if you have no defence.Sorry but any deals Bruins do Sweeney has to avoid Carlo in them.Just my opinion.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Not Carlo.He is going to be the horse on backend for years and offence not worth nothing if you have no defence.Sorry but any deals Bruins do Sweeney has to avoid Carlo in them.Just my opinion.
I feel like this season Carlo is making a case that he may be a more important part of our future then even McAvoy. I am wondering if the Bruins would be better off including Charlie in the deal for a player like Stone.

Reactions: don

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I feel like this season Carlo is making a case that he may be a more important part of our future then even McAvoy. I am wondering if the Bruins would be better off including Charlie in the deal for a player like Stone.
No offense but this is absurd.

Carlo is what he is, a potential shutdown guy who is suited for a top 3 role, but will bring next to nothing offensively.

McAvoy is what you look for in a franchise D.

Reactions: maxbme and maxl7

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I walk away if the ask is either but I am not Don Sweeney.Be interesting next while.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
No offense but this is absurd.

Carlo is what he is, a potential shutdown guy who is suited for a top 3 role, but will bring next to nothing offensively.

McAvoy is what you look for in a franchise D.
You may be right surely I am just a lazy fan however I believe you have exaggerated at least a bit. Carlo is a legitimate number 2 today. Also besides Chara and Bourque I think he can be as good a shutdown d as any Bruin have had in the time that I have been watching. Add to that he may not be an offensive defenseman but he makes a very good pass and has the ability to skate the puck out of the zone.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You are crazy.

Crazy in that you wouldn’t move Carlo for him or that it’s not a legit starting point?

If it’s the latter, I did say that the devil is in whale else they’d want.

Maybe it’s Bjork and a first?

Maybe Donato and a second?

Who knows....but Carlo could be a good jumping off point,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad