Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/ Rumours/2018/part II- Stay on topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
You also aren't going to get anything to make a difference for Zboril. For once, just once, I would like this organization to deal a prospect while they still actually have some value instead of watching them go the way of so many they just hang on to forever until they just vanish.

If they truly feel he's a 13th overall caliber player with a long term future here, then by all means keep him on board, but not sure that's the case.

Wait a minute, didn't we move Versteeg when he had some value?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You read his coach (Jay Leach's) comments, and it sure doesn't sound like a player who is close to ready. Same with Lauzon.

And Sweeney makes a comments on July 1st about not rushing D-men or putting them in the line-up when they aren't ready.

No one is saying Zboril has zero chance at cracking this roster. But sure seems like the Bruins aren't expecting it to happen this October. And even if he plays well in pre-season/training camp, I don't think just playing well will be enough for Sweeney to move one of his 4 LD on one-way contracts. He'll really have to blow the doors off in camp similar to Carlo in Oct. 2016 for Sweeney to clear a roster spot out.

Sure, I just take umbrage with saying that signing Moore means they don't like the prospects anymore.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
i cant remember which podcast i was listening to, but they were talking about former prospects who's shine had worn off and virtanens name came up . bigger body guy who could just speed/push his way through juniors then get to his spot where he could rip wristers past lesser goalies..as he advanced in rank (ahl/pros) he has tried sticking to the same thing, which with more skilled, tougher opponents, better athletes does not work and yet he keeps trying the same thing. never adapted, never worked hard to figure out other ways to score in this league or at least be somewhat productive. take that for what it's worth , and im sorry i cant remember the podcast just something that's stuck with me. he's young enough to figure it out. imo, i would still hold onto zboril .

Reactions: Pia8988

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
At this moment in time is Zboril probably the #9D in the system? Sure. Where was Matt Grzelcyk on the depth chart 12 months ago?

Moore provides safety as Chara approaches retirement and Krug approaches UFA. If Vaak or Zboril or Lauzon take a spot in the top 6 Moore isn't going to block it from happening. That could happen in October. Or it could happen 15 months from now. Or never.

In reality, over the next few seasons we are going to see the LD transform like we saw the RD transform. Moore is just a bottom 3 bridge guy to serve as a backup in that process.

Wow it’s hard to believe anyone can be this rational in the middle of July. Thank you.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Sweeney is hoping for one of the kids to push on D for a spot. Forwards will have maybe two rookies.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Trade for Panarin. Krejci and draft picks.

Now you just added a 30 goal scorer. Who plays center? Heinen outscored Krejci by 3 points last year, now you have a younger and cheaper 2nd line center.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Well I -could- sign an aging David Backes to a 5 year deal, or a 6th defenseman like John Moore to a 5 year deal, but Sweeney has already made those type of moves.

I was actually you know looking for trades that might improve the talent level on the team. Something that Sweeney can't seem to quite figure out yet. :)

Come back to me when you have better suggestions? ;) If you don't like the idea of Panarin in a Bruins uniform please explain why instead of making snide comments with no actual analysis to them.

Is adding a 30 goal scorer to the Bruins a bad idea? Explain why.

Are you going to tell the other team about your trade?

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Well I -could- sign an aging David Backes to a 5 year deal, or a 6th defenseman like John Moore to a 5 year deal, but Sweeney has already made those type of moves.

I was actually you know looking for trades that might improve the talent level on the team. Something that Sweeney can't seem to quite figure out yet. :)

Come back to me when you have better suggestions? ;) If you don't like the idea of Panarin in a Bruins uniform please explain why instead of making snide comments with no actual analysis to them.

Is adding a 30 goal scorer to the Bruins a bad idea? Explain why.
No. You have it all wrong. I like the trade. What GM is going to do that? Would you want Krejci if you were the other team? I know I wouldn’t. People around here throw out trades they think about but never put themselves on the other side. It takes two to tangle.
It seems you have some criticism of Sweeney’s trade attributes. Why would you want him trading again. I know I don’t. Stay the course. The team is what it is.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Wait a minute, didn't we move Versteeg when he had some value?

did the same with brad mccrimmon… tom fergers… glen murray… mariusz czerkawski… sean brown... tyler seguin… dougie Hamilton... blake wheeler...

sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't... but if the logic reasoning behind it was sound... and if a best effort is made to improve your team... its an ok strategy

other teams have made very similar moves... some work out and some don't. its not the process of trading the kid that guarantees success or failure... as with most trades its really more about the quality of the trade in question

Reactions: hrdpuk

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Again, don't see the Bruins getting Panarin. They seem to be a bit reluctant to make that impact move...
I agree on Panarin. I just don’t think he is available. I think we walks as a free agent after next season. Columbus is a playoff team. If they deal him they need something that helps them win now, not just prospects and picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad