Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/ Rumours/2018/part II- Stay on topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Again, don't see the Bruins getting Panarin. They seem to be a bit reluctant to make that impact move...

since 1988 30 years... under the leadership of the Jacobs family... weve made a few moves

in 1990 we traded for brian propp and david Poulin in 2 separate deals

1994 we gambled Juneau for iafrate

later in 1994 we moved glen Wesley for 3 firsts... amazing good trade

did the kevin stevens gamble in 1995

ranford and tochet trades were 1996

oates for Allison in that huge trade was 97

grabbed Dafoe for stumpel in 97

ray bourque was in 2000

anson carter for bill Guerin was also in 2000

in 2001 got murray back for Jason Allison

gonchar trade deadline in 2004

thornton in 2005

roty racroft for rights to rask in 2006

traded up at the draft table in 2006 to draft marchand… brilliant... also did the same to get krejci… some one knew what they were doing back In those days

kessel trade in 2009

Horton was in 2010

karberle and jagr were big time rentals in 2011 and 2013

seguin trade in 2013... boychuk 2014

Hamilton and lucic 2015... and then nash this year

so maybe a bit of a recent slow down since Sweeney took over but in 30 years this is around 20-25 trades for very high profile very risky big names

I wouldn't think any other franchise has been more involved with huge trades unless it might be the islanders with trader mike in charge back in the day

we might not always get every guy we hope to get... but we get quite a few.

3 of the greatest trades in nhl history are ours... Esposito.... neely… and the glen Wesley exchange... the kessel deal might deserve to be there too before all is said and done

trading up in the 3rd round to get marchand… cant be wowed enough... wow... wow... wow... wow

I went back 30 years... so well past sweeneys reign and even neelys reign... but the guy at the top was the same. he insists his team make moves when it needs to make moves

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Disclaimer I meant to post this hours ago so sorry if we moved on from d prospect discussion :laugh:;

This conversation leads me to believe very few here have watched Zboril play, and even fewer watched him at dev camp years ago and consistently since then, and even fewer have watched him in his OHL days until now.

Also, have we forgotten how long it can take for some players, especially defensemen, to develop? Sometimes you have to let guys go for NOW assets because you don’t want to wait another 3 years for them to hit their stride and that’s a business decision. It’s not about lamenting letting guys go that go on to develop, or freaking out because they haven’t developed yet

I mean, good lord, what does this fan base want? First we were all up n arms about how our prospect pool was SHIT and rightfully so, now we get pissy when guys don’t jump by the time they’re 21 because we’ve been spoiled with Pasta, MaCavoy etc

Back to Zboril and the first comment I made, not only is he right on track with his peers (DeBrusk, Heinen, Bjork - players similar in age) but the reason I brought up seeing him play spanning all the way back to his junior years is that he was made big strides since then. His knocks were always his attitude, his lack of great positional play, and his tendency towards offense even though he was billed as a two way guy.

Zboril went from that to being a leader on the ice in providence and he became a very tough defender in his own end. Given his age (21 22 at most now?) I don’t think you have to worry much

Uhro probably has a higher ceiling, and Lauzon might stick longer and become a Ference type defensemen, but Zboril is right there too and I suspect he’ll be one of the next men up when we have a slew of injuries, and sooner rather than later he might make another guy expendable.

He’s still waiver exempt and other guys are definitely not, something to keep in mind when not rushing him right into the NHL.

The Moore signing is far more about long term planning and having your bases covered rather than thinking Zboril isn’t anything special. Zboril and Senyshyn for that matter are being developed the way they’re being developed. And they’ll be better for it.

Remember, virtually no one on this board gave Gryzz though he would be a viable prospect after the season before last. Included in trade proposals, or general feelings of him not making it , then he come son and starts discussion that maybe krug is expendable. Which granted is a bit much but he was quite impressive last season.

I’m excited for this year because I know a lot of young players are st the point where they’re either truly ready to turn the corner or show they might be on their way out.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
These long posts are too long to read and would take a long chunk of my day to dissect and my days aren’t long enough to spend long chunks of my day reading long posts.

Any updates?

Reactions: AlpineLager

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A risk taker, a caution to the wind guy? Go for it now ?

I was watching Comcast Sports Show and Gary Tanguay said he’d absolutely trade Rafael Devers for 2 months of Manny Machado.

I don’t agree with it but some people think when you can win you do it.

There are those here who look at the Bergeron , Krejci, Chara, and even Marchand and believe you have to win now.

Look at the Wheeler trade - he’s got a good shot to amass over a 1000 points and be in consideration for the HOF. I realize it was Peverly but it was a gamble.

Sweeney could trade Carlo & Heinen for one known year of Panarin and hope they win a Cup and he can resign him.

I would say based on how highly regarded I feel about Carlo & Heinen if he did that and didn’t resign Panarin it would definitely be a deal changer coming here :laugh:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Sweeney looked like a cocky moron when he said zboril and senyshyn on draft night . Luckily for him he found gens in Carlo donato heinan. He should listen to red line when they said pick barzal Connor.

ive read redline... get a few right... get a few wrong

like everyone else. could certainly save some money firing all their scouts and just letting red line make their choices but it would still make you mad everytime they got one wrong and youd ask why cant they make their own decesions?

so all we learn is you hate wrong picks and like correct picks. so what you really mean is just make good picks and you will be happy

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
These long posts are too long to read and would take a long chunk of my day to dissect and my days aren’t long enough to spend long chunks of my day reading long posts.

Any updates?

Nope. At this point, I wouldn't expect anything. If Karlsson gets traded, maybe that moves the market a bit but I'll be surprised if the Bruins do anything substantial.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Any updates?

very very very few real trades have ever been leaked and debated here. and most debated trades have never materialized. if you want real trades take heart... no news is good news

if you want a take on our situation... our cap is spent... most our tradable assets have a ntc. we have too many left shot wingers and too many right shot dmen. but we seem to be planning to stay the course now and not make any more huge shaking moves

Reactions: Oates2Neely

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Bad Bruins Defense? You mean the D group that won a cup in 2011 (the year Kampfer played for the Bruins).

Your the only one confused here. If we were talking about some sure-fire blue-chip prospect, maybe you'd have an argument.

But unfortunately we are talking about Jakub Zboril. A guy 3 years removed from being drafted, who has great physical tools but yet had just a decent year by all account in the AHL. Decent, not great, and still needs to continue to get better to ever be an everyday NHL player.

I like Zboril's natural talents but the love affair around here for him is out of whack, I wouldn't call him anything close to a top prospect at this stage. He's a guy who has high upside due to his natural physical abilities but still hasn't shown a great head for the game.
I wouldn't call him a top prospect either but I am guilty of the illogical love affair. Same goes with Senyshyn. I believe the irrational love is derived from a desire to see the B's go 3 for 3 on those picks. Just fall in love trying to win one playing the long game. ☺

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
And that's too bad, because KnightofBoston and Alberta O'Reilly have some very worthwhile observations in this thread.
Agreed. I’m a Millwork salesman and unfortunately it’s busy season for me so I set 75 word limitations on the posts I read.

Come November I’m good to read 200+

Any chance Philly deals Simmonds? LA Toffoli?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Perhaps on the power play, but not at even strength.

Chara & McAvoy were on with the top line most of the time. The plus/minus numbers seem to suggest that.Marchand (+25), Bergeron (+21), Pasta (+10), Chara (+22), McAvoy (+20).

Krug (0) even

You are talking plus/minus and 5 on 5. I said most of the points the top line got could be attributed to Krug more then any other deeman. He was like a winger with them, the 4th option cruising up the ice with the puck or supporting the rush. Some pts were 5 on 5, mostly PP and 3 on 3. Krug's value is in elevating those guys offensive zone stats and no one has come close to doing what he does yet.

Eventually Mac will takeover most of what Krug does but not yet. When they need goals it was Krug teaming up with them with his 59 pts or his 12 pts in 11 playoffgames. We cannot lose that element, that line will not be as productive without Krug supporting them or a player of his skill level.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This conversation leads me to believe very few here have watched Zboril play, and even fewer watched him at dev camp years ago and consistently since then, and even fewer have watched him in his OHL days until now.

Is this a type-o ? 'Cause Zboril never played in the OHL, so pretty certain you never watched him there either.

Though I do agree with your overall message.

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Is this a type-o ? 'Cause Zboril never played in the OHL, so pretty certain you never watched him there either.

Though I do agree with your overall message.

Ya I never watched him then, I should have said chl, was he a sea dog or am I thinking of Hamilton? My first real viewing of Zboril was dev camp in 15 and he’s come a long way since

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Again, don't see the Bruins getting Panarin. They seem to be a bit reluctant to make that impact move...

They made that move with Rick Nash and it didn’t move the needle.

I still feel DS was pressured into making that move by the performance of the team and hockey media. In his heart, he wanted to stay in course.

Credit to him, he gave up pretty much the minimum for a top FA during the deadline. “Going for it” could have hurt much worse moving forward at that time of year. Spooner and O’Gara barely stings...more of an itch...and the pick is par for the course. A given.

As difficult as it is, while everyone else is opening up their presents, sometimes sticking with what you got is best.

Maybe he learned that from last year’s deadline and all the Kovalchuk, EK, stuff was just for show? Wouldn’t surprise me.

These teams amass great rosters on paper, but most of the best teams on paper befall something and what was a given doesn’t hold up.

I was all for making a splash in Krug’s spot. But if you can’t make a splash there, don’t move a good player just to make a move so the media and fans get theirs.

Everything involves risk. Stick with the kids. Take a chance. Most put something **** good on NHL paper last year.

If you need to add at the deadline, that’s what it’s for.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Idk. They took a shot at the two best free agents in the market and were in the discussion. Now because they didn’t get them, they have to make a move at all costs? I don’t want this team to be one and done. They have a plan and are not willing to change too much because of what other teams are doing. That’s how you get in trouble by moving away from your goal. They tried last year with a move. Everyone complained. No move this offseason, everyone complains. What a bunch of intitled fans we have around here. 112 points doesn’t get you the benifit of the doubt. They had a good season and unexpected one, and the offseason here has been worse than a bad season. Unreal.

Last edited:

RookieAgentBruinFan

Jun 9, 2015
We can trade Krug, our young players that we don't need, 2nd to 3rd round picks to get a top six winger. Also the bruins would make a trade for Backes to get gain salary cap space. I made some list of players that might be fit well with the bruins roster and longer playoffs run. I think it would make a stronger 2nd line team in the playoffs. In my case with david Krejci, he is a bruins playmaker and he need a experienced player who can contribute and makes plays. The bolded text is that I really want to trade with.

Here is my Bruins top six winger targets to play with Krejci:
Max Pacioretty (MTL)
Tyler Johnson (TBL)
J.T. Miller (TBL)
Mark Stone (OTT)
William Nylander (TOR)
Jeff Skinner (CAR)
Anders Lee (NYI)
Mats Zuccarello (NYR)
Cam Atkinson (CBS)
Wayne Simmonds (PHI)
Brandon Saad (CHI)
Viktor Arvidsson (NSH)
Gabriel Landeskog (COL)
Nino Niederreiter (MIN)
Brayden Schenn (STL)
Logan Couture (SJ)

My favorite players besides the bruins players are Martin St. Louis, Zach Parise and Jaime Lagenbrunner with good heart and leadership when I was a kid. I feel the nhl trend is different and less intense.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Idk. They took a shot at the two best free agents in the market and were in the discussion. Now because they didn’t get them, they have to make a move at all costs? I don’t want this team to be one and done. They have a plan and are not willing to change too much because of what other teams are doing. That’s how you get in trouble by moving away from your goal. They tried last year with a move. Everyone complained. No move this offseason, everyone complains. What a bunch of intitled fans we have around here. 112 points doesn’t get you the benifit of the doubt. They had a good season and unexpected one, and the offseason has been worse than a bad season. Unreal.

agreed, let`s not forget DS went and grabbed Nash at the deadline too. Now, this wasn`t an in his prime Nash but I wouldn`t classify Sweeney as "reluctant". It was well known he was in on Kovalchuk and had a Tavares interview. I`m sure many teams are in on players that they wind up not getting, read Shero was trying to acquire JVR, didn`t happen, he also tried to snag Maroon, didn`t happen. I have to think this stuff goes on all the time in the NHL

https://www.tsn.ca/shero-devils-lost-out-on-jvr-maroon-1.1136621

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->