Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/ Rumours/2018/part II- Stay on topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Thanks for the info, Logan Couture is signed two weeks ago and not an option to get him. I think the bruins should trade him in the deadline if I was Don Sweeney when tampa bay lighting got Ryan McDonagh.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense either. San Jose is not going to trade Couture for the foreseeable future. They're not trading him now, two weeks from now, a month from now, this trade deadline coming up, next year's trade deadline...He's not moving. He's a huge part of their team and they literally just inked him to a 8 year contract. The ink isn't even dry on the contract yet. I'd suggest not thinking he's an option.

No, it wouldn't be like TBL getting McDonagh. The two aren't even remotely similar situations.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Still don't get how the Bruins will work with 4 starting LHD

Unless team plans to regularly rotate the Ds. Though I can't see how this wouldn't upset Mcquaid

John Moore is no Postma. He is a starting D (top 4-5 in betweener)

Maybe Sweeney is asking when is this Karlsson trade going to finalize already. Because afterwards he can interest teams with Krug as a consolidation prize (offensive D)

Reactions: Mpasta

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Still don't get how the Bruins will work with 4 starting LHD

Unless team plans to regularly rotate the Ds. Though I can't see how this wouldn't upset Mcquaid

John Moore is no Postma. He is a starting D (top 4-5 in betweener)

Maybe Sweeney is asking when is this Karlsson trade going to finalize already. Because afterwards he can interest teams with Krug as a consolidation prize (offensive D)

Agreed. Doesn't make sense. However, everybody said "there's still plenty of time to make a move and Sweeney will figure it out" a few years ago yet we still have Mcquaid and Miller on the team. So I wouldn't be surprised if no moves were made.

I think our defense is in trouble if Moore/Carlo is our second pairing D. I also think our defense is in trouble if Moore is on the first line with McAvoy.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I think the good trading partners are coloardo and Minnesota, St. Louis and San Jose because its the west coast and they want picks and young players. We could get one of Couture, Landeskog and Niederreiter with a fair price.

Boston: Logan Couture

San Jose: Danton Heinen, Matt Grezelcyk and 2nd round pick (2020)

Boston: Gabriel Landeskog and 3rd round pick (2019)

Colorado: Torey Krug, Jeremy Lauzon and 4th round pick (2019)

Boston: Nino Niederreiter and 3rd round pick (2020)

Minnesota: Anders Bjork and 5th round pick (2019)

Boston: Brayden Schenn and 2nd round pick (2019) or B plus rated prospect center

St. Louis: Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson

I think I like my San Jose and Colorado trade offer. What u guys think?

You seem familiar.

You ever post here before?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Let's see him prove himself in the AHL before putting him on the 2nd line of a playoff team.

Senyshyn "built" his game nicely by the 2nd half I'm reading by folks who watched him on a regular basis (he had to work on the nuts and bolts part of his game)

He has a high ceiling/raw talent toolbox.

I think he will turn out to be a player similar to Blake Wheeler. A little slow to reach their potential but once all things are figured out, a really good player in the league

worst case a 3rd line winger that pops 40 pts (about 20 goals) and a good weapon to have on 3 on 3s

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Let's see him prove himself in the AHL before putting him on the 2nd line of a playoff team.

Ya Senyshyn needs a full season of top 6 minutes and a role in all situation before he comes up...only way you see him before the spring is if he has a Pastrnak like start.

Let’s not forget, Vatrano scored at a goal a game pace in the ahl and was ho-hum in his nhl career, with a future that’s fairly uncertain still in Florida. Our players need to do more than just show up on the stat sheet which is why Senyshyn is being handled the way he is

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Senyshyn "built" his game nicely by the 2nd half I'm reading by folks who watched him on a regular basis (he had to work on the nuts and bolts part of his game)

He has a high ceiling/raw talent toolbox.

I think he will turn out to be a player similar to Blake Wheeler. A little slow to reach their potential but once all things are figured out, a really good player in the league

worst case a 3rd line winger that pops 40 pts (about 20 goals) and a good weapon to have on 3 on 3s

That I can see as well but lets see him put up 40 points (or even 30) in the AHL before we give him a chance. If he wasn't a first round pick, nobody would be talking about this guy making the Bruins this year.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
random thought, and i doubt philly would do it.. but would you trade krug and a prospect for nolan patrick.. philly has a bunch of centers and if patrick were to come here, he would start on the third line and be in a great place to succeed. this would take care of our future #1C .

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
random thought, and i doubt philly would do it.. but would you trade krug and a prospect for nolan patrick.. philly has a bunch of centers and if patrick were to come here, he would start on the third line and be in a great place to succeed. this would take care of our future #1C .

That's a center that I would move Krug for, but I highly doubt Philadelphia would move him.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I think Rookie meant that the Bs should have traded for Couture at last deadline (2018) instead of Rick Nash, but that's now off the table since he just signed long term with SJ.

I know you weren't the OP but was Couture rumored to be available? I don't see why San Jose would have been willing to trade him. And it would have cost a lot more than Nash.

Reactions: Strafer

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
That I can see as well but lets see him put up 40 points (or even 30) in the AHL before we give him a chance. If he wasn't a first round pick, nobody would be talking about this guy making the Bruins this year.

This is a bit disingenuous

People should talk about players doing X based on where they’re currently at

Did anyone (besides people that followed him closely since his juniors) think Cehlarik was going to make it up last season (I’d argue he only went down due to that knee injury against I believe Pitts?)

If people think Senyshyn could make it this season, it might because they have watched and followed him closely up till his most recently played game and not where he was drafted. I saw him only up until this past spring and personally think he needs another year but others here with more knowledge and experience watching players grow and more time watching Senyshyn night dusagree, regardless of his draft position

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
This is a bit disingenuous

People should talk about players doing X based on where they’re currently at

Did anyone (besides people that followed him closely since his juniors) think Cehlarik was going to make it up last season (I’d argue he only went down due to that knee injury against I believe Pitts?)

If people think Senyshyn could make it this season, it might because they have watched and followed him closely up till his most recently played game and not where he was drafted. I saw him only up until this past spring and personally think he needs another year but others here with more knowledge and experience watching players grow and more time watching Senyshyn night dusagree, regardless of his draft position

That's fair. However, Cehlarik proved himself in Providence the year before to be given a chance. I'll admit I don't watch a lot of Providence games but even just going by stats alone, putting Senyshyn on Krejci's wing this season wouldn't be a good idea. If we're talking about the 4th line, then I can see the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad