Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/ Rumours/2018/part II- Stay on topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
We can trade Krug, our young players that we don't need, 2nd to 3rd round picks to get a top six winger. Also the bruins would make a trade for Backes to get gain salary cap space. I made some list of players that might be fit well with the bruins roster and longer playoffs run. I think it would make a stronger 2nd line team in the playoffs. In my case with david Krejci, he is a bruins playmaker and he need a experienced player who can contribute and makes plays. The bolded text is that I really want to trade with.

Here is my Bruins top six winger targets to play with Krejci:
Max Pacioretty (MTL)
Tyler Johnson (TBL)
J.T. Miller (TBL)
Mark Stone (OTT)
William Nylander (TOR)
Jeff Skinner (CAR)
Anders Lee (NYI)
Mats Zuccarello (NYR)
Cam Atkinson (CBS)
Wayne Simmonds (PHI)
Brandon Saad (CHI)
Viktor Arvidsson (NSH)
Gabriel Landeskog (COL)
Nino Niederreiter (MIN)
Brayden Schenn (STL)
Logan Couture (SJ)

the only 2 on that list I move Krug for are Stone and Nylander.

Couture, Niederreiter and Landeskog I'd try to deal for, they should be the best deal trade wise

also Simmonds is falling off the cliff at a Lucic rate.

RookieAgentBruinFan

Jun 9, 2015
the only 2 on that list I move Krug for are Stone and Nylander.

Couture, Niederreiter and Landeskog I'd try to deal for, they should be the best deal trade wise

also Simmonds is falling off the cliff at a Lucic rate.

Good suggestion, what is the price difference for couture, niederreiter and landeskog between Stone and Nylander?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
We can trade Krug, our young players that we don't need, 2nd to 3rd round picks to get a top six winger. Also the bruins would make a trade for Backes to get gain salary cap space. I made some list of players that might be fit well with the bruins roster and longer playoffs run. I think it would make a stronger 2nd line team in the playoffs. In my case with david Krejci, he is a bruins playmaker and he need a experienced player who can contribute and makes plays. The bolded text is that I really want to trade with.

Max Pacioretty (MTL)
Tyler Johnson (TBL)
J.T. Miller (TBL)
Mark Stone (OTT)
William Nylander (TOR)
Jeff Skinner (CAR)
Anders Lee (NYI)
Mats Zuccarello (NYR)
Cam Atkinson (CBS)
Wayne Simmonds (PHI)
Brandon Saad (CHI)
Viktor Arvidsson (NSH)
Gabriel Landeskog (COL)
Nino Niederreiter (MIN)
Brayden Schenn (STL)
Logan Couture (SJ)

My favorite players besides the bruins players are Martin St. Louis, Zach Parise and Jaime Lagenbrunner with good heart and leadership when I was a kid. I feel the nhl trend is different and less intense.
you're likely not in the running for Stone, if the Karlsson interdivision trade is off the table.... Montreal, yea, their current Captain isn't coming here.... unlikely to doubtful Johnson or Miller, Nylander is doubtful as well

when did Columbus get analyzed as a TV Network analogy... it's always been CBJ

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Good suggestion, what is the price difference for couture, niederreiter and landeskog between Stone and Nylander?

well, even without the division rivals aspect, getting Nylander almost certainly costs you McAvoy

Stone you might get starting with Krug and DeBrusk/Heinen

Couture is kinda in the middle. Can probably get him and keep Krug, but would likely start with DeBrusk/Heinen and a 1st

Niederreiter would likely only cost 1 of the above pieces and not Krug

Landeskog depends on how Colorado views him. If they see the same declining player failing to reach their draft potential then you can get him cheap. If they still see him as the #2 overall pick, it'll cost more than its worth

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I think it depends how the bruins feel for big asset to trade a top six player. It's like the situation with the Celtics to overpay to get Kyrie irving but in today's NHL is tricky.

Celts didn't overpay.... Kyrie asked out, whether it was Boston or somewhere else.... Irving wasn't staying in Cleveland.... how did they overpay.... Cleveland ended up dealing those players we sent them and we gifted them the 8 pick from the Pierce/Garnett trade to Brooklyn

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Max Pacioretty (MTL)
Tyler Johnson (TBL)
J.T. Miller (TBL)
Mark Stone (OTT)
William Nylander (TOR)
Jeff Skinner (CAR)
Anders Lee (NYI)
Mats Zuccarello (NYR)
Cam Atkinson (CBS)
Wayne Simmonds (PHI)
Brandon Saad (CHI)
Viktor Arvidsson (NSH)
Gabriel Landeskog (COL)
Nino Niederreiter (MIN)
Brayden Schenn (STL)
Logan Couture (SJ)

My favorite players besides the bruins players are Martin St. Louis, Zach Parise and Jaime Lagenbrunner with good heart and leadership when I was a kid. I feel the nhl trend is different and less intense.
plenty of names I like there but we aren`t seeing any of them anytime soon

RookieAgentBruinFan

Jun 9, 2015
am I on a NBA thread here?:huh:
Its not a nba thread lol. Bruins looking for a young superstar (top six) with our insane assets like the Celtics got horford, hayward and irving. Im just saying that the bruins and Celtics have some similarities with the roster management. But again, NHL trade is tricky because it has more risk and salary cap than nba trades.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Its not a nba thread lol. Bruins looking for a young superstar (top six) with our insane assets like the Celtics got horford, hayward and irving. Im just saying that the bruins and Celtics have some similarities with the roster management. But again, NHL trade is tricky because it has more risk and salary cap than nba trades.

not sure the Bruins are looking for a "young superstar", that`s not realistic, they were looking to add a top 6 player and had discussions (not sure about offers) for both Tavares and Kovalchuk and neither worked out. I felt from the beginning that JT was going nowhere but TO if he chose not to re-sign with the Isles which was where I thought he would re-sign. I wasn`t too heartbroken Kovalchuk signed elsewhere. I`ll come back and eat crow if necessary but my gut tells me he won`t be the same guy fans remember from a few years ago

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Max Pacioretty (MTL)
Tyler Johnson (TBL)
J.T. Miller (TBL)
Mark Stone (OTT)
William Nylander (TOR)
Jeff Skinner (CAR)
Anders Lee (NYI)
Mats Zuccarello (NYR)
Cam Atkinson (CBS)
Wayne Simmonds (PHI)
Brandon Saad (CHI)
Viktor Arvidsson (NSH)
Gabriel Landeskog (COL)
Nino Niederreiter (MIN)
Brayden Schenn (STL)
Logan Couture (SJ)

We were discussing this a couple of days ago and trying to come up with some realistic candidates. That’s an impressive list, but about 95% of those players aren’t getting dealt.

The only ones that are feasible are:

Zucc, Skinner, Stone, maybe Simmonds, Pax, and Lee, and they all have warts.

I don’t see Zucc as a legit Top 6 wing. Maybe I don’t get to watch him play enough?

Anything is possible with OTT, but I can’t see them moving Stone in the division. Same goes for Patches.

Lee and Skinner both have one year left on their deals, which minimizes their value. Lee will be 29 when he’s a UFA, that tricky age when guys want their last big deals, but those deals typically carry them into their 30’s when it’s not worth the $$. Skinner will be 27 and the only real question mark for him is the concussion history. These days there seems to be less players without concussion histories, so not sure how big a concern that is? I like both of these players, but wouldn’t give up a lot, unless they were extended. And I really don’t want to give Lee a 6 year deal that stretches until he’s 35.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
you're likely not in the running for Stone, if the Karlsson interdivision trade is off the table.... Montreal, yea, their current Captain isn't coming here.... unlikely to doubtful Johnson or Miller, Nylander is doubtful as well

when did Columbus get analyzed as a TV Network analogy... it's always been CBJ

I have seen them listed as CLS as well...

Not that it matters in the slightest to this discussion.

RookieAgentBruinFan

Jun 9, 2015
It is the great opportunities talk Tavares and Kovalchuck to get the bruins attractive with young players in free agents and I get a idea that the bruins want to get a top six to trade. Right now, the bruins are in great shape and I cant wait for Debrusk, Donato and Heinen to be a stud. I think that's why Toronto maple leafs are desperate to get Tavares and tampa bay lighting wants Karlsson because our young players are going to be special. Adding top six player with Krejci will get richer for second line and younger players.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I was mocking the fan propaganda post. Your point makes a lot of sense, especially if Moore comes here and plays well. He’d be 30 years old and very attractive as a top 4 option with a cap hit of 2.75M for 3 years.
yeah i don't see how this is so far fetched. it's funny to me...the same people calling Sweeney bad for losing Colin Miller for nothing are mad at him for slow burning D prospect development and keeping extra bodies around in preparation for the next expansion draft.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It's not in my head it's reality. They have 8 NHL caliber defensemen right now. Where does Zboril fit in the next two seasons other than injury, where he is the 9th or 10th defenseman like I said?
coming into the 2016-2017 season the Bruins had McQuaid, Kevan, and Colin Miller on the right side. A year later Carlo and McAvoy had secured two of those spots.

I know years of Claude have conditioned us to believe that veterans will always block the kids, but I truly believe under Cassidy that if Zboril deserves to play he'll play. Then it's up to Sweeney to deal with the surplus.

RookieAgentBruinFan

Jun 9, 2015
I think the good trading partners are coloardo and Minnesota, St. Louis and San Jose because its the west coast and they want picks and young players. We could get one of Couture, Landeskog and Niederreiter with a fair price.

Boston: Logan Couture

San Jose: Danton Heinen, Matt Grezelcyk and 2nd round pick (2020)

Boston: Gabriel Landeskog and 3rd round pick (2019)

Colorado: Torey Krug, Jeremy Lauzon and 4th round pick (2019)

Boston: Nino Niederreiter and 3rd round pick (2020)

Minnesota: Anders Bjork and 5th round pick (2019)

Boston: Brayden Schenn and 2nd round pick (2019) or B plus rated prospect center

St. Louis: Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson

I think I like my San Jose and Colorado trade offer. What u guys think?

Reactions: Strafer

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I think the good trading partners are coloardo and Minnesota, St. Louis and San Jose because its the west coast and they want picks and young players. We could get one of Couture, Landeskog and Niederreiter with a fair price.

Boston: Brayden Schenn and 2nd round pick (2019) or B plus rated prospect center

I think I like my San Jose and Colorado trade offer. What u guys think?

Logan Couture just signed an 8 year deal to stay with San Jose. He can give them 3 teams he'd accept a trade to.

Something tells me neither side there is interested in moving on at this point.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Couture just re-signed in San Jose. He's not going anywhere.

Can Landeskog play RW? Seems like a situation of creating a big hole in the defense, to fill a position that is deep and not a need -- LW.

Depends on how Minnesota values Bjork, but this seems like something that could be worked on. I'm sure Boston would have to add a bit more, but this is a deal that I'd be on board with. Niederreiter is capable of playing both LW/RW, and he'd look good next to either, Marchand/Bergeron or DeBrusk/Krejci.

JFK's value isn't even close to acquiring a center, signed for another 2 years, coming off a career year in points and a 30+ goal campaign + a prospect coming back. I don't see STL trading Schenn. They seem like they're building up the middle and a 1-2-3 punch of ROR, Schenn, and Bozak looks solid.

RookieAgentBruinFan

Jun 9, 2015
Logan Couture just signed an 8 year deal to stay with San Jose. He can give them 3 teams he'd accept a trade to.

Something tells me neither side there is interested in moving on at this point.

Thanks for the info, Logan Couture is signed two weeks ago and not an option to get him. I think the bruins should trade him in the deadline if I was Don Sweeney when tampa bay lighting got Ryan McDonagh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad