Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Toffoli is the only thing that makes sense on LA, and I think it makes a lot of sense. I don't even know if I'd do Backes for Carter. He's obviously better, but his game has still fallen off a cliff and that extra year is a killer.

Reactions: bbfan419

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
So you give up DeBrusk and then in July you have even less top 6 wingers than you started with??

The only way you consider DeBrusk is if Hall agrees to extend here during the trade talks. In that case is Hall worth DeBrusk? Yes. But I still don't want to do it. Not because I don't think Hall is worth it but because we have a shortage of top 6 wingers and I don't think it makes sense to send one out to bring another one (albeit a better one) back.

I think DeBrusk is a little overrated sometimes and it's a super reasonable ask from the Devils if there is an extension but just seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul you know?

Exactly.....

To simplify my thinking...

For argument's sake lets say that Hall is an 8 on a scale of 1-10 and Debrusk is a 6.5.

I'd rather they get another guy in the 6.5 - 7 range to play with DeBrusk and Krejci, rather than losing DeBrusk to bring in Hall.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
We aren’t getting Hall, but any discussions involving Hall most likely start with debrusk. Devils aren’t going to want to trade Hall away for a seguin like package the bruins got.

considering our farm system is one of the worst in the league it’s going to have to be someone on debrusks level and more going back the other way

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
We aren’t getting Hall, but any discussions involving Hall most likely start with debrusk. Devils aren’t going to want to trade Hall away for a seguin like package the bruins got.

considering our farm system is one of the worst in the league it’s going to have to be someone on debrusks level and more going back the other way
I think any trade the Devils do they'll be shopping hard for a sign and trade, which I think rules the Bruins out more or less. There's no reason for them to alter their long-term core for Hall.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So you give up DeBrusk and then in July you have even less top 6 wingers than you started with??

The only way you consider DeBrusk is if Hall agrees to extend here during the trade talks. In that case is Hall worth DeBrusk? Yes. But I still don't want to do it. Not because I don't think Hall is worth it but because we have a shortage of top 6 wingers and I don't think it makes sense to send one out to bring another one (albeit a better one) back.

I think DeBrusk is a little overrated sometimes and it's a super reasonable ask from the Devils if there is an extension but just seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul you know?

Yes any deal brining y’all here would be contingent on him signing an extension. Still do not think there is is chance he comes here though.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think any trade the Devils do they'll be shopping hard for a sign and trade, which I think rules the Bruins out more or less. There's no reason for them to alter their long-term core for Hall.

This and I don’t think the bruins really have anything the devils want to be honest. Devils know the bruins prospects are among the worst in the league, debrusk might be the only person that they are interested in that bruins might make available in a trade, and the bruins first round pick will be viewed as likely being later in the first round that other playoff teams.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This and I don’t think the bruins really have anything the devils want to be honest. Devils know the bruins prospects are among the worst in the league, debrusk might be the only person that they are interested in that bruins might make available in a trade, and the bruins first round pick will be viewed as likely being later in the first round that other playoff teams.

The Devils have a porous D, have to think that a guy like Clifford would interest them along with a top prospect like Vaak.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
No you don't.

The Bruins aren't about to hand over 9-10 per season to Taylor Hall to be their 3rd best winger behind Pasta and Marchand. They just aren't.

Again, I am not on the Hall train really... but would you rather have 28 year old Hall at 9 million or 34 year old Krejci at 7.25 million anchoring your second line next season?

Reactions: maxl7 and BruinDust

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm not seeing too many options for potential middle six scoring wingers that are in the last or 2nd last year of their deals on teams that will likely be selling:

Simmonds (NJ)
Coleman (NJ)
Kovalchuk (LA)
Toffoli (LA)
Kreider (NYR)

What are some other names that come to mind? Teams I combed through: Wings, Devils, Sens, Rangers, Jackets, Habs, Kings, Hawks, Ducks, Wild. I'm talking reasonable options, not stuff like Hall.

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
You would be legitimately insane to not part with debrusk for Taylor Hall. You don’t have to worry though I don’t think there is a chance the bruins trade for him.

still though, you 100% move debrusk to acquire a Taylor hall
especially considering the fact that Hall would bump Debrusk off the top PP unit and the 2nd line, further reducing Debrusk's value. We know Heinen & Bjork can be somewhat productive on line 3, but don't know if Debrusk can be.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'm not seeing too many options for potential middle six scoring wingers that are in the last or 2nd last year of their deals on teams that will likely be selling:

Simmonds (NJ)
Coleman (NJ)
Kovalchuk (LA)
Toffoli (LA)

What are some other names that come to mind? Teams I combed through: Wings, Devils, Sens, Rangers, Jackets, Habs, Kings, Hawks, Ducks, Wild. I'm talking reasonable options, not stuff like Hall.
How'd you skip Kreider?

Reactions: Trap Jesus

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Simmonds (NJ)
Coleman (NJ)
Kovalchuk (LA)
Toffoli (LA)
Kreider (NYR)

and they've already said No on Simmonds/Kovalchuk already.....

Reactions: bbfan419

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I think he could help...

Why not make an offer? The bruins become instant cup champs.

Because we'd probably have make holes elsewhere and gut our prospect pool to do it. And Hall doesn't make us instant cup champs. I don't see Hall being the difference between this team winning game 7 last playoffs.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Simmonds (NJ)
Coleman (NJ)
Kovalchuk (LA)
Toffoli (LA)

Saad. Ryan Strome.

I would also think about hockey deals, too. What teams need D? WPG comes to mind. Perreault? Roslovic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad