Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Would legitimately have to assume krug is going the other way in the deal just from a pure salary matchup, but even then it doesn’t make sense unless krug is signing a long term deal with them as part of the trade because they aren’t giving up hall for someone who is leaving in free agency.

honestly no clue maybe debrusk involved.
If it cost DeBrusk to get Hall, then a big NO!

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Danton Heinen and Kevan Millet have to be going the other way if Hall comes here, obviously with Bruins adding more. In saying that, Bruins would have to be comfortable with either Debrusk playing his off wing on line 2 or promoting bjork to line 2 and letting Backes/Ritchie/senyshyn fight it out for line 3 Rw

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yea, but which winger is he kicking off the first PP? He's currently an upgrade to neither.

(not saying I wouldn't take Hall on this team, he's just going to be secondary scoring, which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

Heinen or DeBrusk?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Do you think DeBrusks upside is anywhere near Hall?

i don’t want him traded because I want them to add a goal scorer to play with DK and JDB, are you thinking the same way?

Reactions: BAD BOY

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Remember, whomever we bring in has to fit under the salary cap. So who we move out has to be enough to cover that.
Rakell and Kase are some of the Ducks best forwards. Only Grant and Deslauriers are UFAs and they are not trade targets for anyone.
Silvferberg and Henrique are 5m+ cap hits on long contracts, so forget that. Ritchie is a possibility but plays LW. Imagine a Ritchie/Coyle/Ritchie line, lolololol.
Kase is 8th on the team in scoring this year, so he could be a possible cherry to pick by Sweeney. Just don't think the Ducks should do that, however.

Bruins have talked with LA on a few players. But money is an issue there. I could see a Miller(2.5m UFA) for Toffoli(4.6m UFA) centered deal with LA able to retain some of his cap hit for the rest of the season. Could be Ilya Kovalchuk with a bank truck retained. :help: Kyle Clifford is also a UFA, but plays LW. I think LA wants to just keep and resign him this summer. Carter has no NMC, but rumors over the past two years that he would refuse to play for anyone in a trade because he loves the LA area kinda make Carter a risk. Add on to that the obvious age, play decline, and cap hit(5.27m) and it just does not make sense unless Backes is going the other way.

I don't see Backes getting moved to anyone. I think he gets a legitimate shot at a cup this year.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Do you think DeBrusks upside is anywhere near Hall?

i don’t want him traded because I want them to add a goal scorer to play with DK and JDB, are you thinking the same way?
Yes exactly, we need to add another legit top 6 forward without trading one away. Hall right now is the better player, but going forward Hall is a UFA and will get big bucks while maybe starting to slow down some, while DeBrusk is only going to get better and cost less than Hall. I certainly would not mind Hall on the Bruins, but there may be better fits like Palmieri, Rakell, Lindholm give me a couple of those guys without taking away from our top 6 already and I am happy.

Reactions: sarge88

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Jeff Carter?
Tyler Toffoli?

I heard the other day that the Bruins were interested in Jeff Carter on NHL radio or the NHL tonight. I would much prefer, if he was actually there to scout Rakell or Kase of the Ducks though.
Agreed.

However, if the Bruins do target Jeff Carter, have to think it means Coyle moves to 2nd line RW.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Remember, whomever we bring in has to fit under the salary cap. So who we move out has to be enough to cover that.
Rakell and Kase are some of the Ducks best forwards. Only Grant and Deslauriers are UFAs and they are not trade targets for anyone.
Silvferberg and Henrique are 5m+ cap hits on long contracts, so forget that. Ritchie is a possibility but plays LW. Imagine a Ritchie/Coyle/Ritchie line, lolololol.
Kase is 8th on the team in scoring this year, so he could be a possible cherry to pick by Sweeney. Just don't think the Ducks should do that, however.

Bruins have talked with LA on a few players. But money is an issue there. I could see a Miller(2.5m UFA) for Toffoli(4.6m UFA) centered deal with LA able to retain some of his cap hit for the rest of the season. Could be Ilya Kovalchuk with a bank truck retained. :help: Kyle Clifford is also a UFA, but plays LW. I think LA wants to just keep and resign him this summer. Carter has no NMC, but rumors over the past two years that he would refuse to play for anyone in a trade because he loves the LA area kinda make Carter a risk. Add on to that the obvious age, play decline, and cap hit(5.27m) and it just does not make sense unless Backes is going the other way.

I don't see Backes getting moved to anyone. I think he gets a legitimate shot at a cup this year.
I hope the Bruins do not go after Carter or Kovy, they are on their last legs and make way too much money, unless it is for Backes with a very small add maybe Koko or JFK, otherwise just forget that. Toffoli would be ok at the right price something like Miller or Moore + Cehlarik + Frederic. If we could get Rakell from the ducks that would be the optimal piece to add.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Miller is from LA? Could be.

Reactions: bbfan419

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yes exactly, we need to add another legit top 6 forward without trading one away. Hall right now is the better player, but going forward Hall is a UFA and will get big bucks while maybe starting to slow down some, while DeBrusk is only going to get better and cost less than Hall. I certainly would not mind Hall on the Bruins, but there may be better fits like Palmieri, Rakell, Lindholm give me a couple of those guys without taking away from our top 6 already and I am happy.

I'm with you.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

You would be legitimately insane to not part with debrusk for Taylor Hall. You don’t have to worry though I don’t think there is a chance the bruins trade for him.

still though, you 100% move debrusk to acquire a Taylor hall

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
You would be legitimately insane to not part with debrusk for Taylor Hall. You don’t have to worry though I don’t think there is a chance the bruins trade for him.

Not with Hall being a UFA, otherwise I agree, Hall is an absolute top drawer player.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not with Hall being a UFA, otherwise I agree, Hall is an absolute top drawer player.

I mean obviously if you were bringing in Taylor Hall, you would do what Vegas did to Mark Stone and pretty much make an extension part of the deal.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

So you give up DeBrusk and then in July you have even less top 6 wingers than you started with??

The only way you consider DeBrusk is if Hall agrees to extend here during the trade talks. In that case is Hall worth DeBrusk? Yes. But I still don't want to do it. Not because I don't think Hall is worth it but because we have a shortage of top 6 wingers and I don't think it makes sense to send one out to bring another one (albeit a better one) back.

I think DeBrusk is a little overrated sometimes and it's a super reasonable ask from the Devils if there is an extension but just seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul you know?

Reactions: BadBruins

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

That means you still have to add another top 6 player to replace DeBrusk. I was not saying Hall is not better, just that ideally you add Hall while keeping DeBrusk also, if that means Heinen and prospects go then fine.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad