Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
With how things are rolling right now, I'm sure Sweeney will wait until the deadline. We are currently running away with the division with our number 1 center out and without the 2nd line RWer everyone wants.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Fair enough -- I still don't think three 40 point second liners can win a cup and for this team, I'd happily move some youth out for a legit goal scoring winger to play with DK.

I mean I prefer Heinen on the 3rd line. But if we got another 40 point guy for line 2, a guy of Heinen quality, that wouldn't be horrible. Its better than the "some 4th liner" that ends up in that spot instead. If we could get a 50 point guy that didn't need PP1 time and could score over 20, that's even better. Just don't know who that guy is unless Toffoli returns to form or someone like Saad becomes available.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I mean I prefer Heinen on the 3rd line. But if we got another 40 point guy for line 2, a guy of Heinen quality, that wouldn't be horrible. Its better than the "some 4th liner" that ends up in that spot instead. If we could get a 50 point guy that didn't need PP1 time and could score over 20, that's even better. Just don't know who that guy is unless Toffoli returns to form or someone like Saad becomes available.

I agree.

I’d just prefer a guy who is more of a goal scorer to play with DK.

Reactions: bbfan419

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I would love Pageau and like you said he 's a playoff performer, but Ottawa is going to cash in big-time on him and I don't think the bruins would be willing to give up Ottawa's asking price. There'll be a lot of suitors for him an I'd expect Edmonton to be at the top of the list.
I also don't think we should invest a lot on a UFA having a career year, more because the cost is going more than it's worth. Someone will overpay, but hopefully Sweeney makes an under the radar move instead.

Reactions: Estlin

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I also don't think we should invest a lot on a UFA having a career year, more because the cost is going more than it's worth. Someone will overpay, but hopefully Sweeney makes an under the radar move instead.
Sweeney just amazes me every year with his deadline acquisitions, I eagerly await to see what he has up his sleeve this year.

Last edited:

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
He lives in Boston and was at the game on Friday visiting with his friends from BOTH teams.

The only rumors floating around were from overreactive fans on twitter who read too much into things.

He hasn't skated in MONTHS.

He's not coming back to the Bruins unless it is in some coaching capacity.

I’d cry out of happiness.

And after the first game I’d cry that he was on the ice. Everyone loves McQuaid but he’d almost certainly be like the 10th option.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Not sure how Hall would accept watching the power play from the bench

I think that Hall would love, for the first time in his career, to be on a winning team and a part of a strong organization more than anything else. He wouldn't care if he didn't see much PP time. Frankly, having him would be a boon to Boston's secondary scoring woes.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think that Hall would love, for the first time in his career, to be on a winning team and a part of a strong organization more than anything else. He wouldn't care if he didn't see much PP time. Frankly, having him would be a boon to Boston's secondary scoring woes.

This is it. Hall knows the Bruins have arguably they best pp in the NHL today with or without him, but by adding him makes them easily the favorite to win the Cup and will give Hall his best chance he may ever have at lifting Lord Stanley. So Im sure he'll have no problem playing wherever the Bruins need him too on and off the PP.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
He’d be on the powerplay, he’s Taylor hall
Yea, but which winger is he kicking off the first PP? He's currently an upgrade to neither.

(not saying I wouldn't take Hall on this team, he's just going to be secondary scoring, which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
If Hall comes in with this attitude and maintains it,then fine it's just that this team seems so tight and proud of their next man up philosophy, they are in first place with a +34 goal differential, I would not mess with that

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
It looks like Alex Tuch is heating up. I would still love to acquire him. Question is what would it take?

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
So, if Hall were added - I imagine a healthy lineup would be like this?

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
Hall - Krejci - Heinen
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
Wagner - Kuraly - Backes
Lindholm

Am I forgetting someone?
Who would be gone...?
Can we even make this trade with our cap?
Miller and Moore gone in other deals?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Any way Boston could reasonably make this work cap wise ? From everything I have heard Hall would love to be a Bruin. I wonder if Boston would have won another cup or two if the Oilers had taken Seguin and the Bruins Hall.

Would legitimately have to assume krug is going the other way in the deal just from a pure salary matchup, but even then it doesn’t make sense unless krug is signing a long term deal with them as part of the trade because they aren’t giving up hall for someone who is leaving in free agency.

honestly no clue maybe debrusk involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad