Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Hall is no longer represented by Orr Hockey Group.

Darren Ferris represented Hall but left Orr Hockey Group in 2016 to form Definitive Hockey Group and eventually "stole" Hall from Orr's group. Ferris represents Hall now.

Quiet rumors out of NJ is Hall wants $11 million per season.

Oh, and who else does Ferris represent? None other then Mitch Marner. So I ask, do you want to negotiate with that? He's also Jack Studnicka's agent.

I'm going to tag @LSCII and @LouJersey because they love this crap.

Yikes! $11 mill per over what, 10 years for literally the most overrated player in all of hockey? Sheesh. Where do I sign up? I'd rather give Backes an extension than do that deal for a guy that only plays when he wants to. 26 games, 4 goals this year. Not doing himself any favors with that kind of production. And before some asshat here throws up the point total being okay, he's not there to get tertiary assists. He's there to score and this year he's not. To the point of .15 gpg versus his career average of .35 gpg. Big drop there and not what you want right before you hit free agency.

Reactions: Jim

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Exactly.....

To simplify my thinking...

For argument's sake lets say that Hall is an 8 on a scale of 1-10 and Debrusk is a 6.5.

I'd rather they get another guy in the 6.5 - 7 range to play with DeBrusk and Krejci, rather than losing DeBrusk to bring in Hall.

I like arguments sarge :)

Why is hall an 8?

Kid is one of the top 10 wingers in nhl on anyones list... has an mvp trophy... has the heroics in his memorial cup history... drives his line as a ppg guy

Halls worst ever season is quite possibly better than debrusks career best season

I like debrusk. I hope he can be a steady good second liner

Hall is a guy you gameplan around and would be the most talented bruin if we got him... let him get his competitive mojo back playing with bergeron and marchand and its very likely he would be our best player

His contract is the only drawback... hes a 10

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yikes! $11 mill per over what, 10 years for literally the most overrated player in all of hockey? Sheesh. Where do I sign up? I'd rather give Backes an extension than do that deal for a guy that only plays when he wants to. 26 games, 4 goals this year. Not doing himself any favors with that kind of production. And before some asshat here throws up the point total being okay, he's not there to get tertiary assists. He's there to score and this year he's not. To the point of .15 gpg versus his career average of .35 gpg. Big drop there and not what you want right before you hit free agency.

I keep going back to this in my mind and honestly I don't know what I would do. A GM once told me he would never acquire a player that comes from a long time losing situation. Those players become disinterested and it's hard to come out of it. And if you watch Hall, a lot of shifts he looks disinterested. Losing takes it's toll.

Hall is the exact opposite of what players in a contract year actually do. Where players performances usually go up, his trajectory is going down.

Honestly, if I take everything into consideration, I wouldn't want any part of him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
What would the line-up be with Hall assuming you don't lose anything of considerable value? Shift DeBrusk over to Krejci's RW? Otherwise you still have that hole on 2nd line RW, and you'd have to shift Bjork over to his off-wing.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall/DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen
DeBrusk/Hall-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

OR

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-DeBrusk
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

I think Hall COULD replace Heinen/DeBrusk on the top PP unit, but it's not what a lot of people think it is. That position is just there to man the front of the net and recover pucks down low. I think Hall is good for puck retrievals, but that's such a waste to acquire a top-line winger with that in consideration. I think it's more likely you'd see the top unit stay the same and then:

Grzelcyk up top, Coyle in the slot, Krejci on the left side, Hall on the right side, DeBrusk in front

Like yeah, sweet, we have a 2nd awesome unit, but the PP should be the least of their concern.
I think you let Hall play the down low spot on PP1 and then have him just stay out there for 2nd shift duty the way Pasta & Krug do frequently.

And I think when he & Marchand are out there together you treat them as interchangeable parts & let them switch places as the flow of play dictates.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I keep going back to this in my mind and honestly I don't know what I would do. A GM once told me he would never acquire a player that comes from a long time losing situation. Those players become disinterested and it's hard to come out of it. And if you watch Hall, a lot of shifts he looks disinterested. Losing takes it's toll.

Hall is the exact opposite of what players in a contract year actually do. Where players performances usually go up, his trajectory is going down.

Honestly, if I take everything into consideration, I wouldn't want any part of him.

Sure, and certainly not at that kind of a high dollar long term cap hit. The more I watch of him, the less impressed I become. People need to stop watching the highlights and see how he is throughout the game, and for this year, he's barely been noticed in the games I've seem him play. Completely disinterested in playing. Maybe that's him wanting out of Jersey, but just 2 years ago he was supposedly having the time of his life there, on his way to winning an MVP. He's a shell of that player at this point, and who's to say he won't do the same thing in his new city? Come in and apply himself for a season or two, then fall off a cliff because he's disinterested?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Darren Ferris represented Hall but left Orr Hockey Group in 2016 to form Definitive Hockey Group and eventually "stole" Hall from Orr's group. Ferris represents Hall now.

Oh, and who else does Ferris represent? None other then Mitch Marner. So I ask, do you want to negotiate with that? He's also Jack Studnicka's agent.

Marner... panarin... hall

I know how id rank them

That said... weve all seen guys ask 1 number to play in 1 city and then take less in the city of their choice.

Not to mention all the wonderfully creative ways some teams structure contracts

If im halls agent im telling teams you can put crap with him and hes an 85-90 point guy. Those type of players make 9.5 mill if they are in their hometown discounts... or 11 mill if they are on the open market

I guess seguin and kucherov signed less to stay home... we might convince hall to accept this dollar

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Why is hall an 8?

Kid is one of the top 10 wingers in nhl on anyones list... has an mvp trophy... has the heroics in his memorial cup history... drives his line as a ppg guy

Halls worst ever season is quite possibly better than debrusks career best season

Hall is a guy you gameplan around and would be the most talented bruin if we got him... let him get his competitive mojo back playing with bergeron and marchand and its very likely he would be our best player

I agree with most of what you're saying, but disagree that he would be the most talented Bruin. He's not more talented than Pastrnak, and you could make an argument either way if comparing to Marchand.

I think Hall is a 9, personally. Tremendous offensive player, limited defensively, and has shown through his entire career that he's not the kind of player that can carry a team like a real 10 can (guys like McDavid, Crosby, etc.).

That's nothing to sneeze at, but I definitely question the value of spending big assets and committing a massive cap hit to a guy who would arguably be our 3rd best winger. With Krejci & Bergeron entering their mid 30s, if I was gonna go huge on a trade it would be for a center, not another winger (no matter how good he is).

Reactions: sarge88

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Assuming the downward trends stays the same and he finishes around 66pts. Do you think it possible Hall takes a 1yr deal with a team like Boston to try for a another huge year (plus chance at a cup) before cashing in? No idea what a 1yr deal would even cost, but Boston could make another cup run with the current core and if Hall works out he'll either get paid by Boston or by someone else.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think you let Hall play the down low spot on PP1 and then have him just stay out there for 2nd shift duty the way Pasta & Krug do frequently.

And I think when he & Marchand are out there together you treat them as interchangeable parts & let them switch places as the flow of play dictates.
Yeah, I guess it's been more fluid than I remembered it to be (since they moved on from Spooner). Rick Nash and Johansson have both played that role in addition to DeBrusk/Heinen. I just don't want any kind of significant change in dynamics to that unit.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Marner... panarin... hall

I know how id rank them

That said... weve all seen guys ask 1 number to play in 1 city and then take less in the city of their choice.

Not to mention all the wonderfully creative ways some teams structure contracts

If im halls agent im telling teams you can put crap with him and hes an 85-90 point guy. Those type of players make 9.5 mill if they are in their hometown discounts... or 11 mill if they are on the open market

I guess seguin and kucherov signed less to stay home... we might convince hall to accept this dollar

Mike, as of today, there is only one team that can talk to Hall and that's NEW JERSEY. Ferris can't say anything to any team and no team can listen.

Unless you're talking July 1st. But this is the trade thread.

If you're the GM, are you going to risk everything on the hopes he takes a discount?

#suicied

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Sure, and certainly not at that kind of a high dollar long term cap hit. The more I watch of him, the less impressed I become. People need to stop watching the highlights and see how he is throughout the game, and for this year, he's barely been noticed in the games I've seem him play. Completely disinterested in playing. Maybe that's him wanting out of Jersey, but just 2 years ago he was supposedly having the time of his life there, on his way to winning an MVP. He's a shell of that player at this point, and who's to say he won't do the same thing in his new city? Come in and apply himself for a season or two, then fall off a cliff because he's disinterested?

Man id feel a sense of dread and overall hopelessness if i started my career in edmonton and then got traded to jersey

I have an mvp season and what happens?

Goalie falls apart?

Do we get a new goalie? Nothing deflates a team faster than having no goalie

Is there any reason to have faith in jerseys ownership? Is this the same clown that did the kovalchuk deal?

I got to see alot of hall in Edmonton... this kid breaths hockey. He knows hockeys history. He loved winning those memorial cups

I think maybe he parties a little too much? Is a little cliquish? But hes NEVER had support like bergeron, chara, marchand, krejci

Honestly if we got him, theres a bunch of you here that would be posting how wrong you were

Im not saying i think we will get him... but if we can, we must

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Yeah, I guess it's been more fluid than I remembered it to be (since they moved on from Spooner). Rick Nash and Johansson have both played that role in addition to DeBrusk/Heinen. I just don't want any kind of significant change in dynamics to that unit.
yeah, personally I don't think it makes sense to trade for Hall. I was just going through the semi-fun exercise of trying to see how it could work on the PP.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Assuming the downward trends stays the same and he finishes around 66pts. Do you think it possible Hall takes a 1yr deal with a team like Boston to try for a another huge year (plus chance at a cup) before cashing in? No idea what a 1yr deal would even cost, but Boston could make another cup run with the current core and if Hall works out he'll either get paid by Boston or by someone else.

I don't know. I'm not Taylor Hall so I don't know what he's thinking.

If it were me, hell no.

Run the risk of a career ending injury and throwing away $70 million? If I were in charge of the NHLPA and Ferris negotiated that, I would move to de-certify him as an agent immediately.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

This is not confidence enducing.

Reactions: lost peanut

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Mike, as of today, there is only one team that can talk to Hall and that's NEW JERSEY. Ferris can't say anything to any team and no team can listen.

Unless you're talking July 1st. But this is the trade thread.

If you're the GM, are you going to risk everything on the hopes he takes a discount?

#suicied

If jersey offered the right to talk to him... its allowed right? Last year ottawa allowed vegas and stone to deal.

Im guessing for such a franchise shaping trade... everyone will be doing everything they can to get this right

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I'm not big Taylor Hall guy. I think he's a low IQ player who's going to struggle when his body starts to inevitably break down and those physical tools diminish, which may be sooner that expected when you consider his injury history. I'd take him as a rental, but if you're going to hand out max term on a deal at superstar money $9-12 M, it better not be on a scoring winger......

Reactions: bbfan419 and LSCII

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Why is hall an 8?

I didn't put much thought into it...just used an 8 to differentiate between he and DeBrusk --- but I guess if Pasta and Marchand are 9's or 9.5's, is Hall there with them?

Maybe.

However, for this team, this year --- I'd rather stick with my plan and keep DeBrusk and add a guy who won't cost you the farm in terms of prospects, but can be pot 15 or so goals from here on out.

I have no problem with them signing Hall in the off season though. Best case, of course after finding a way to move Backes and one or two of the extra defensemen.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If jersey offered the right to talk to him... its allowed right? Last year ottawa allowed vegas and stone to deal.

Im guessing for such a franchise shaping trade... everyone will be doing everything they can to get this right

What was the increased cost to Vegas for that right? Do you know the answer to that question?

Everything has a cost, you just don't grant another team permission without making them pay.

I can guarantee you that if Vegas did not get the right to talk to Stone, Brannstrom would still be a Golden Knight.

Reactions: LSCII

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
From the games I have watched the Bruins play the Devils, Coleman outplayed Hall. That is a player I wouldn't mind the Bruins taking a flyer on, but I doubt he is available.

Reactions: CellyHard

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Ill stick my neck out on hall

I do offer a deal... if hall is unsigned i give devils a conditional deal

Something similar to erik karlsson

A top kid from our system... not vaikanainen
A first rounder
Something else
And then the condition if we keep him

If... we can sign him ahead of time... i do a mark stone type offer...

Something bluechip... like jake debrusk
And
Something else nice... like matt grzelyck

Im talking for hall signed 6-7 years at a team friendly caphit

He really is that damn good...

The list of ufa rentals in the last 15 years that were better is so short... these guys just never ever become available

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
What was the increased cost to Vegas for that right? Do you know the answer to that question?

Everything has a cost, you just don't grant another team permission without making them pay.

I can guarantee you that if Vegas did not get the right to talk to Stone, Brannstrom would still be a Golden Knight.

We are on the same page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->