Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'm not seeing too many options for potential middle six scoring wingers that are in the last or 2nd last year of their deals on teams that will likely be selling:

Simmonds (NJ)
Coleman (NJ)
Kovalchuk (LA)
Toffoli (LA)
Kreider (NYR)

What are some other names that come to mind? Teams I combed through: Wings, Devils, Sens, Rangers, Jackets, Habs, Kings, Hawks, Ducks, Wild. I'm talking reasonable options, not stuff like Hall.

kyle palmieri

Reactions: Skelen and bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
especially considering the fact that Hall would bump Debrusk off the top PP unit and the 2nd line, further reducing Debrusk's value. We know Heinen & Bjork can be somewhat productive on line 3, but don't know if Debrusk can be.

DeBrusk has already been bumped off the 1st PP unit for Heinen. As for productivity, DeBrusk has played with Heinen and produced and if Coyle was their centerman, they've all played as a line already.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Because we'd probably have make holes elsewhere and gut our prospect pool to do it. And Hall doesn't make us instant cup champs. I don't see Hall being the difference between this team winning game 7 last playoffs.

All depends on the holes and don't forget Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, Marchand, and Rask are not getting any younger.

Tough call however it's one that could make a huge impact to the line up.

Reactions: TCB

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
No you don't.

The Bruins aren't about to hand over 9-10 per season to Taylor Hall to be their 3rd best winger behind Pasta and Marchand. They just aren't.
Hall has made it very clear that his next contract won’t be about money it will be about being on a winning team. He stated he has made enough money and now wants to win more than anything.

Reactions: bbfan419

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Hall has made it very clear that his next contract won’t be about money it will be about being on a winning team. He stated he has made enough money and now wants to win more than anything.
got a link to where he said this?

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
Saad. Ryan Strome.

I would also think about hockey deals, too. What teams need D? WPG comes to mind. Perreault? Roslovic?
this is where im at.. make a hockey trade and think about present/future.. roslovic makes perfect sense . decent size frame.. offensive ability.. not a wuss and a high motor.. unfortunately you would have to decide on what do to send out.. probably gryzz especially if you plan on signing krug.. the toughest part would be getting winnipeg to let go of a young cost controlled commodity

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
got a link to where he said this?
Don’t have the link but it is fact, even watched an interview where he stated he will be taking his time on his next contract to ensure he puts himself in a place where he can win. Was clear NJ was a consideration but he likely will play out this contract before any decisions are made, that is why NJ is willing to move him because they are well aware of his feelings.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Don’t have the link but it is fact, even watched an interview where he stated he will be taking his time on his next contract to ensure he puts himself in a place where he can win. Was clear NJ was a consideration but he likely will play out this contract before any decisions are made, that is why NJ is willing to move him because they are well aware of his feelings.

NJ would be absolutely crazy not to move him.

Given their season, and the likelihood that Hall will walk in July, if they could get a 1st and a near NHL ready prospect, they should jump at the first team that offers it, IMO.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
What would the line-up be with Hall assuming you don't lose anything of considerable value? Shift DeBrusk over to Krejci's RW? Otherwise you still have that hole on 2nd line RW, and you'd have to shift Bjork over to his off-wing.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall/DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen
DeBrusk/Hall-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

OR

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-DeBrusk
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

I think Hall COULD replace Heinen/DeBrusk on the top PP unit, but it's not what a lot of people think it is. That position is just there to man the front of the net and recover pucks down low. I think Hall is good for puck retrievals, but that's such a waste to acquire a top-line winger with that in consideration. I think it's more likely you'd see the top unit stay the same and then:

Grzelcyk up top, Coyle in the slot, Krejci on the left side, Hall on the right side, DeBrusk in front

Like yeah, sweet, we have a 2nd awesome unit, but the PP should be the least of their concern.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't be mad for Sweeney going after and landing Hall. At least it would be a bold, decisive move for once instead of trying bargain bin marginal players. The future is already f***ed anyways, might as well maximize the final chance(s) that Bergeron, Krejci and Chara have at the Cup.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I wouldn't be mad for Sweeney going after and landing Hall. At least it would be a bold, decisive move for once instead of trying bargain bin marginal players. The future is already ****ed anyways, might as well maximize the final chance(s) that Bergeron, Krejci and Chara have at the Cup.

Why is the future already f***ed? What?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

These quotes don't sound like that, at all.

“You’re starting to see players want to — I don’t know if it’s paid what they’re worth — but they want to see what’s out there and see what the other 30 teams have to offer,” said Hall, a winger with the New Jersey Devils. “That’s in the players’ rights. That’s what we fought for.

“If you have time, I think it’s wise to take it and make sure you make the right decisions.”

Hall, who’s entering the final year of his contract and could be in a similar boat at this time next year, said things have shifted. Some stars are more keen to keep their options open before hitting the market as UFAs.
“(Tavares) did something that really hasn’t been done before,” said Hall, who has yet to begin talks with New Jersey on a new deal. “He made a decision for himself and was definitely aware of the ramifications in Long Island and all that, and I think he’s pretty happy about it.”

“There’s definitely a changing landscape,” Hall said. “You’re starting to see players have a little bit more of a voice.”

https://thehockeywriters.com/hall-tavares-free-agency-changes/

So it certainly doesn't seem purely money-motivated. But you can be darn sure the money is a big part of it.

If he gets to July 1st, which it sure sounds like he is, he's going to get a Tavares or Panarin-like offer. 10-11 million a year. Would he take a little less to stay in Boston if they acquired him? Perhaps. But it's not like he's going to take 6-7 million per season to stay a Bruin. Your still in the 9 million + region minimum IMO, which is both a hometown discount and more than the Bruins can afford to pay for another top end winger, when they arguably have two of the top 5 wingers in the game now.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
These quotes don't sound like that, at all.

“You’re starting to see players want to — I don’t know if it’s paid what they’re worth — but they want to see what’s out there and see what the other 30 teams have to offer,” said Hall, a winger with the New Jersey Devils. “That’s in the players’ rights. That’s what we fought for.

“If you have time, I think it’s wise to take it and make sure you make the right decisions.”

Hall, who’s entering the final year of his contract and could be in a similar boat at this time next year, said things have shifted. Some stars are more keen to keep their options open before hitting the market as UFAs.
“(Tavares) did something that really hasn’t been done before,” said Hall, who has yet to begin talks with New Jersey on a new deal. “He made a decision for himself and was definitely aware of the ramifications in Long Island and all that, and I think he’s pretty happy about it.”

“There’s definitely a changing landscape,” Hall said. “You’re starting to see players have a little bit more of a voice.”

https://thehockeywriters.com/hall-tavares-free-agency-changes/

So it certainly doesn't seem purely money-motivated. But you can be darn sure the money is a big part of it.

If he gets to July 1st, which it sure sounds like he is, he's going to get a Tavares or Panarin-like offer. 10-11 million a year. Would he take a little less to stay in Boston if they acquired him? Perhaps. But it's not like he's going to take 6-7 million per season to stay a Bruin. Your still in the 9 million + region minimum IMO, which is both a hometown discount and more than the Bruins can afford to pay for another top end winger, when they arguably have two of the top 5 wingers in the game now.
He is well aware that any team that is ready to challenge for the cup does not have the cap space to to pay players 11m a year. I am not saying he will land in Boston for 6 million but the only team with cap space are teams like the Devils and habs. I know what I heard and he was clear he will take less to be on a winning team for a change, where that will be and for how much less he did not say, the same as the quotes you have put here.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
All depends on the holes and don't forget Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, Marchand, and Rask are not getting any younger.

Tough call however it's one that could make a huge impact to the line up.

Hall is also 28, with a lot of injuries throughout his career. For me its very questionable if he's the one we should target and invest 6+ years.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Hall is also 28, with a lot of injuries throughout his career. For me its very questionable if he's the one we should target and invest 6+ years.

If he had very little injury history would you have a different opinion?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
this is where im at.. make a hockey trade and think about present/future.. roslovic makes perfect sense . decent size frame.. offensive ability.. not a wuss and a high motor.. unfortunately you would have to decide on what do to send out.. probably gryzz especially if you plan on signing krug.. the toughest part would be getting winnipeg to let go of a young cost controlled commodity

Gryz is a young cost controlled commodity, too. And Vaakaneinen is banging on the door HARD right now in Providence.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I have this sneaking suspicion Hall Orr Cam/Don have been counting down the days for Hall to join the bruins. Bruins have the D assets to make this happen.

Hall is no longer represented by Orr Hockey Group.

Darren Ferris represented Hall but left Orr Hockey Group in 2016 to form Definitive Hockey Group and eventually "stole" Hall from Orr's group. Ferris represents Hall now.

Quiet rumors out of NJ is Hall wants $11 million per season.

Oh, and who else does Ferris represent? None other then Mitch Marner. So I ask, do you want to negotiate with that? He's also Jack Studnicka's agent.

I'm going to tag @LSCII and @LouJersey because they love this crap.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Unless you believe he is suddenly about to blossom, his offensive output in his three years with the Jets is hardly impressive. Especially to a team looking for production at RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad