Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVII.. Will Chia do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
haggerty proposes trading chara to edmonton/buffalo/ottawa/calagary like he would waive to go to any of those teams. what a ****ing idiot.

listened to him say that on the radio today and couldnt understand how he think that's a legitimate option. Chara wants a cup and wont waive. Rebuilding teams aren't gonna give the Bs enough to make it worth it cause they don't want that money for the length of the contract

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Really thought this team needed another shutdown dman, but I'm slowly starting to think it lacks another puck moving type. The lack of creativity/ confidence coming out of their own zone is obvious. Aside from Krug & Hamilton, the others rely heavily on the D-to-D pass which teams have nullified. Morrow impressed in his brief stint, but the coaching staff feels more comfortable with McQuaid & Miller. In watching other teams play I'm realizing the Bruins glaring lack of speed.

Highly unlikely but IMO I think Toronto could be a one-stop shop for Chia.

Franson: RH shot, skates well, moves the puck with confidence, good partner for 2nd pairing with the defensive minded Seidenberg.

Santorelli: Versatile (plays wing & center, a poor mans Vermette), speedy, energetic, some scoring skill.

Winnik: LW, high energy forechecker who plays a heavy "wear you down" physical game

Of course these moves would strictly be rentals. Depending on the results of the playoff run, I think a retool in the offseason would still be what's needed. Team needs a new direction. A change or two to the core is due.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This draft is too deep, I'd stay away from the high priced rentals (Stewart Sekera Vermette Methot etc..). Gretzky already hit a home run with Pastrnak late in the 1st round, I'd love to see what he can due with the 1st & PHI 2nd in this draft. Bargain shop, cross your fingers you catch lightning in a bottle, retool in offseason.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This is just too easy...

Weber, josi, keith, seabrook, pietrangelo, shattenkirk, subban, karlsson, byfuglien, Ekman larsson, doughty, giordano, suter, kronwall, carlson, letang, mcdonagh, hedman are easily better. I would be in the minority but I would add to that list...hamilton, Ekblad, trouba, myers, Vlasic, lindholm, vatanen, jones, Erik johnson, brodin. He's really regressed, not his fault the guy has been a beast for us and I thank him for his dominance but it's really over now. He is a number 2 at best, maybe even 3. Seidenberg same thing. This team is in a lot of trouble.

Haha Your nuts.Take anyone of them and put them on this Bruins team in place of Chara and be just as bad if not worse.And Subban never faces others top lines its Emelin bud.When Lucic line out you always see Emelin vs him not soupcan cause he cannot do it.Ekman Larrson.bahahaha. too funny.Your picking alot of players better one way but not overall.Hamilton not even close.And he skates well too boot.To weak.Tyler Myers lol. Please stop.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Haha Your nuts.Take anyone of them and put them on this Bruins team in place of Chara and be just as bad if not worse.And Subban never faces others top lines its Emelin bud.When Lucic line out you always see Emelin vs him not soupcan cause he cannot do it.Ekman Larrson.bahahaha. too funny.Your picking alot of players better one way but not overall.Hamilton not even close.And he skates well too boot.To weak.Tyler Myers lol. Please stop.

You laugh at Ekman larsson? Wow that was an easy one. He is a top 5 dman in the league. Go on the main board with people who actually watch hockey and ask who is better overall. I will bet my house (and it's nice lol) that it will be all Ekman besides a few bruins homers such as yourself.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Emelin faces the Bruins top line because he can drive Lucic nuts otherwise he's on the 3rd line D.

I agree with everyone of his picks including the ones he lists as more his own than popular.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

And sorry, you think Weber would be just as bad or worse than chara? Lol awesome.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
And sorry, you think Weber would be just as bad or worse than chara? Lol awesome.

I watched Preds play live and saw Calgary bounce Weber off puck lots.Let me know when Weber leads Preds to 2 Cup finals and a presidents trophy.Rinne saved his butt lots of times this year.Not saying he no good but he makes tons of mistakes too.So Chara bit older and used a bit much.Still a horse.You go ahead and use Weber to defend your post but most on your list were in place of Chara the Bruins be in Mc David lottery.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Emelin faces the Bruins top line because he can drive Lucic nuts otherwise he's on the 3rd line D.

This is why I think one or two other tough forwards would be beneficial fort he bruins especially to down play their opponents.
Imagine having 3 strong hitters up front weighing on the Montreal D instead of one Looch....It would allow Looch to play with a different edge knowing that there is other forwards on the team that will deal the punishment to the opponents D men.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

This is why I think one or two other tough forwards would be beneficial fort he bruins especially to down play their opponents.
Imagine having 3 strong hitters up front weighing on the Montreal D instead of one Looch....It would allow Looch to play with a different edge knowing that there is other forwards on the team that will deal the punishment to the opponents D men.

Very good point.Part of reason I would like Kassian.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Everyone keeps says we need a "top 9 forward".

Top 9? That's not nearly good enough.

We need a legit top line winger. Someone with speed, skill, creativity, who can play with Krejci / Lucic and allow us to move Pasta to the 2nd or 3rd line.

I think it'll be Stewart, but I honestly think we need a more permanent (and more skilled) solution for top line wing. That might not happen before the deadline, but hopefully the offseason.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
This draft is too deep, I'd stay away from the high priced rentals (Stewart Sekera Vermette Methot etc..). Gretzky already hit a home run with Pastrnak late in the 1st round, I'd love to see what he can due with the 1st & PHI 2nd in this draft. Bargain shop, cross your fingers you catch lightning in a bottle, retool in offseason.

I don't want any trades other than shipping out Campbell, Seidenberg, Soderberg, Chara, and Miller. Rask is not there but he is close. He does not appear to be mature enough for my liking. There is nothing really odd about him for a goalie??

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
22BradPark....

Very good point.Part of reason I would like Kassian.[/QUOTE]

I am not opposed at all to Kassian if we can acquire for a reasonable price.
I also think Stewart could actually help the 1st line and fill in and do what Horton gave us while he was here.
These two additions up front wold make this team a beast to play against once again and we would need to settle the back end with a top 3 or 4 D man.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don't want any trades other than shipping out Campbell, Seidenberg, Soderberg, Chara, and Miller. Rask is not there but he is close. He does not appear to be mature enough for my liking. There is nothing really odd about him for a goalie??

But chara is better than Weber apparently, lol. I'm still in stitches.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

I'm all aboard with that one, we gotta get back to bashing the **** out of these punks,ever since we stopped that we've been losing to them.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I'm all aboard with that one, we gotta get back to bashing the **** out of these punks,ever since we stopped that we've been losing to them.

I also do not think it is coincidental and we must bring back some intimidation from our forwards which we are lacking and show up against those teams such as the scabs that pounding their D men will factor a change as the game goes on and as a series goes on.
We need to play with an edge as a team and the players we have presently up front aside from Looch cannot bring this element to our team and unfortunately one man cannot do it all in this aspect of the game.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Did you feel this strongly after the bruins entered the playoffs last year after just winning the president's trophy and being one of the top GF and GA teams?

btw I agree they need to get faster, however, I'm certainly not disappointed with the team the bruins built last year. I felt really good about their chances winning the cup last season.

I believe Chia did promise to get faster after losing to the habitants and he hasn't met that commitment.

To be quite honest with you I did feel the bruins were not good enough last year. I even posted comments here saying so. I didn't think the bruins had enough offense and I didn't think Igilna and Eriksson were gonna supply it for us.

This is still one of our biggest problems going forward. We have to work too hard to score a goal... But I do have to admit I am still surprised this team won 4 years ago...I am still not convinced we had the best team in the NHL That year. I do think we had the best goalie.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Sadly it may be time to get rid of Chara.

Remember what TB with St. Louis, aging player who in a couple years will be gone, at least get someone younger with upside if there is an option to do so.

Everyone can admit Chara isn't the player he once was, he will be 38 in a month and a week, and who knows what the future will behold in the next year or 2.

I can tell you right now he is no where near worth his 3 goals and 10 assists in 35 games for 7 million dollars.

I had no idea he was payed to score goals. You're delusional, Chara kills penalties and covers defensive territory better than anyone. He has never been fast either so aging doesn't bother me. At 45 he could still be effective on the pk.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I also do not think it is coincidental and we must bring back some intimidation from our forwards which we are lacking and show up against those teams such as the scabs that pounding their D men will factor a change as the game goes on and as a series goes on.
We need to play with an edge as a team and the players we have presently up front aside from Looch cannot bring this element to our team and unfortunately one man cannot do it all in this aspect of the game.

I'd take both Kassian and Stewart if they are affordable, put one on each line and pound the D. Give less time for that outlet pass. When a D knows he's gonna get hammered he tends to get rid of the puck quicker which in turn is usually less accurate or down right gives it away.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I had no idea he was payed to score goals. You're delusional, Chara kills penalties and covers defensive territory better than anyone. He has never been fast either so aging doesn't bother me. At 45 he could still be effective on the pk.

Yes he is here for offence, Dmen that kill penalties don't cost 7M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad