Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVII.. Will Chia do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
From time to time we see a HUGE gap in the fans perception of a player vs. the Bruins front office. Chara is almost def that guy today.

I'd be willing to bet the Bruins front office has zero interest in trading Chara. I wouldn't be surprised if the thought never even came to mind.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Yes he is here for offence, Dmen that kill penalties don't cost 7M.

A 6'9'' 260 pound "defender" is not here to be cute and score points. Ask the Sedin's what Chara brings. How can you think he is here to play an offensive role? Hope you're just trolling cuz most people understand the role Z plays, and it's not an offensive one;)

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It's almost as if he's just trolling us with these insane suggestions. Can he be that clueless?

Clueless yet arrogant...:dunce::propeller

This draft is too deep, I'd stay away from the high priced rentals (Stewart Sekera Vermette Methot etc..). Gretzky already hit a home run with Pastrnak late in the 1st round, I'd love to see what he can due with the 1st & PHI 2nd in this draft. Bargain shop, cross your fingers you catch lightning in a bottle, retool in offseason.

I feel as though if they get rid of some dead weight ad Kasian, maybe Stewart and a very good #2 D man they'll have at least a chance to get to the third round and from there you're playing with house money. I don't want to see them use any draft picks from this year if possible for these gamble type players. Clean out the cupboards if need be but don't waste draft picks. I too agree that Keith G. is a much better head scout than the previous "ones." No matter what happens in this years playoffs, after this year they'll NEED to make some very tough decisions.

I don't think Chara would deny a trade to Calgary, I believe they are in the hunt for the playoffs in the West

Do you think that that is all he's in it for? He has a wife and kids, why the heck would he care about yet another SC run and an extended season with another team? Answer, he wouldn't.

Emelin faces the Bruins top line because he can drive Lucic nuts otherwise he's on the 3rd line D.

This is why I think one or two other tough forwards would be beneficial fort he bruins especially to down play their opponents.
Imagine having 3 strong hitters up front weighing on the Montreal D instead of one Looch....It would allow Looch to play with a different edge knowing that there is other forwards on the team that will deal the punishment to the opponents D men.

Pound them into dust. Hit them early and often no matter the penalties just make sure you hit them clean. Make their D nervous of touching the puck. Kassian kinda has the crazy eyes to do it and judging from Stewarts last several games I'm sure that he probably would enjoy playing with guys like Looch, Kassian and Marchand.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
haggerty proposes trading chara to edmonton/buffalo/ottawa/calagary like he would waive to go to any of those teams. what a ****ing idiot.

He's making these rediculous proposals to get clicks and airtime which, in turn, whips the fanbase who takes his words as gospel into a frenzy. It also causes the trolls to come out from under their rock around here.

Chara being traded, especially to any of those places is laughable and I'm being kind.

Not trading Chara at all. Grass isn't always greener.

You can smell the desperation here and quite frankly, it has reached the point of embarasment with some of these "proposals".

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
A 6'9'' 260 pound "defender" is not here to be cute and score points. Ask the Sedin's what Chara brings. How can you think he is here to play an offensive role? Hope you're just trolling cuz most people understand the role Z plays, and it's not an offensive one;)

Yeah, Chara was the best defenseman in the league 4 years ago. What does it have to do with 2015 ?

5pointslow

Feb 11, 2015
Taunton ma
any of you guys feel the kane trade may have made it harder to do a deal ?

i mean i personally didnt think it was going to take that much to get him , id rather got that return than our deal with the stars with seguin In my opinion and seguin is a better player right now than kane .

i thought it would have took less for kane , now if Edm wants to move eberle or hall they would look and ask far more assuming .

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Not at all. People are clinging to every word a so called "insider" says. On top of that, leave it to a hack to get people calling for Chara to be traded :shakehead:help:

Woah woah. Easy there. I started the Chara discussion. And I wasn't "calling for Chara to be traded." I just asked, if it were to happen today, which I know it won't, what kind of value would he return as he has had arguably his worst season this year due to injury and what not, but at the same time he is known for being a top shutdown guy in the league. That was all. sheesh.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yeah, Chara was the best defenseman in the league 4 years ago. What does it have to do with 2015 ?

norris1.jpg

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Not so fast FJ...:help:

2013-14 Norris Trophy Voting -- Top 10

Player Pts. (1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th)
Keith, CHI 1.033 (68-35-17-7-2)
Chara, BOS 667 (21-39-22-19-17)
Weber, NSH 638 (26-23-29-19-15)
Suter, MIN 351 (9-12-20-22-11)
Pietrangelo, STL 304 (3-13-18-25-18)
Doughty, LA 284 (8-6-17-18-23)
Karlsson, OTT 70 (0-5-3-4-8)
McDonagh, NYR 53 (0-1-4-5-11)
Hedman, TBL 42 (1-1-0-5-10)
Giordano, CGY 36 (1-0-2-3-7)

BTW I'm in favour of trading anyone not named BERG/RASK/PASTA for a great return (especially Chara).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Woah woah. Easy there. I started the Chara discussion. And I wasn't "calling for Chara to be traded." I just asked, if it were to happen today, which I know it won't, what kind of value would he return as he has had arguably his worst season this year due to injury and what not, but at the same time he is known for being a top shutdown guy in the league. That was all. sheesh.

It was discussed before also but your post get it going again. :laugh:

Chara trade is a fantasy talk, it's not going to happen even if it would be the right choice for the team.

So I guess we should move on and talk about trades that might actually happen?

Santorelli is the latest news for me that the bruins have intrest,

stewart, kassian, sekera, yandle, vermette, eberle talks have been going for montha which is sad but Santorelli could be an intresting trade.
Especially if we don't vermette then Chia could replace him with Santorelli.
I just put Vermette as there has been some intrest and both play C position.
He is a + player which can't be easy in toronto and has 29 points.
+ his cap hit is just 1.5M Why not target him instead of vermette, vermette will cost more to require.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I don't think she was referring to you. And the trade Chara talk has been on these boards for months. You may have asked a question in this thread, but its nothing new around here.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

He has 20+ games to get his legs going, same with seids. Hoping that will happen.

But we can't deny and say that injury didn't hurt him/his play. In his age, his size you can't afford to have an injury like that and how it happen was weird.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

stop using like facts and stuff to support an argument, this is HF boards you know!

I don't think trading Chara makes any sense, nor going to happen. I could make a better case for trading Lucic for cap space, but I don't really believe that is going to happen either. Both may not be the players we had hoped they would be three years ago; but they are still cornerstones on this roster.

on topic, I keep signing in every morning hoping to see something news worthy. It's very discouraging that there is never anything.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He has 20+ games to get his legs going, same with seids. Hoping that will happen.

But we can't deny and say that injury didn't hurt him/his play. In his age, his size you can't afford to have an injury like that and how it happen was weird.

We all know the dude is a fitness fanatic this keeps him younger...but I agree, he's not the same player as in years past but still a great one. I would trade Chara for the right return...but I also want to stress should we face him, I will be sad and extremely nervous watching him demolish our forwards. :cry:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Anything worth reading in the last seven pages?

No; unless you like thoughtless cherry-picking. I did it at 5am and it wasn't worth it. Couple of nice points from Dom, but a search on his recent posts will save you time and headaches.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

BTW I'm in favour of trading anyone not named BERG/RASK/PASTA for a great return (especially Chara).

Just remember,this is an award that Karlsson and Subban won.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
We all know the dude is a fitness fanatic this keeps him younger...but I agree, he's not the same player as in years past but still a great one. I would trade Chara for the right return...but I also want to stress should we face him, I will be sad and extremely nervous watching him demolish our forwards. :cry:

It has to be carefully evaluated. If they believe they are close to legitimately contending the next 2 years then find the pieces. If they think they are far away then shop him.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Exactly and Lidstrom won it despite having his worst defensive season in his career.

Offensive numbers and reputations can overshadow actual performance. What one player does one year means nothing a lot of times in subsequent years. Age is unforgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad