Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVII.. Will Chia do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If we acquire Methot.......and given that he wants around 4.5 - 5 a year; would Boston be able to accommodate that with the raises to Krug/Hamilton/Smith?

I know we can let certain players walk at the end of the year; but I'm not sure what our cap situation is this off-year.

If we could get methot to replace seids, would be fantastic.

I've said this before but next year we need to give some rookies a chance.

We have 4 rookies who can play with the bruins and at the same time can contribute to the team, aren't just waste of space.

Pasta, Koko, Morrow, Cunningham in the lineup we should have cap room to sign new player(good player) + methot if we can dump seids.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If we are going by that logic, why not trade for any other stiff to play RW with those guys? What's so special about Stewart?

Most of the pro Stewart crowd here want him because he's willing to fight, even though they'll pretend it's because he can score. :laugh:

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Stewart can score. He's streaky as hell but he's shown he is a goal scorer. Put him with a good play-making center(i.e. Krejci) and he can score 25.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Smith? A raise? He's been awful.

We have to trade him, he took a cut and was promised a raise as a thank you.

There's no way I want to ive him 2.5M+.

If he is here when the offseason hits they are gonna sign him.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'd like to offer another opinion:

I think the Jacobs outburst was a calculated show. He wanted to announce he was on the scene, with the added potential benefit of lighting a fire under the players. And it worked, temporarily.

But I don't see how it's remotely believable that the GM's seat is hot and Jacobs wants action because there is no way any reasonable human would respond by going into hiding. Your boss calls you out and your response is to vanish entirely??? I don't buy it. I think it was an act, and I bet that stuff goes on all the time. It's the management equivalent of tipping over the buffet.

I can't argue with that logic. But I will add that the shine has started to wear off of Chiarelli. I was ok with the Seguin deal when it went down but considering all factors (Eriksson struggling then finally leveling off, Morrow's yet to crack the roster despite their obvious need for a mid pairing dman, Fraser waived, Smith in the midst of what we hope is a sophomore slump), but it's hard not look at that deal as a major blow to the team now. A 2nd round loss to the hated Habs last season, & now fighting for their playoff lives.. I don't think it's unrealistic to suggest Chiarelli is feeling the heat. It's a results driven position, & lately the results aren't there.

Disclaimer: by no means am I proposing Chiarelli gets fired

BruinsFan64

Sep 17, 2009

Smith becomes the new Kelly.
3yrs @ 3 mil per and a limited NTC. Can only be traded to 2 teams.

NewJackEdwards

Jun 8, 2010
CT

I don't understand why we have to trade him. He's 23 years old in his 2nd full NHL season. Am I the only one that thinks this may be somewhat of a sophomore slump?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Management can consider trading Chara all they want... but if any team scouts just one game, they'll see that he's not worth it right now. Would anyone put him in a 5-6 role? Cause that's where he truly belongs right now... At the price tag, for the amount of years he's got left, it just doesn't make sense for any other team.

But, he IS still the heart and soul of the Bruins. Sometimes, as an organization, you gotta reward the guys who have gone to war for you and won. Bruins may (will) not be as good these next few years as Chara fades into the sunset, but in my opinion he's earned it. Let him ride it out. Players will respect that.

Holy ****. I feel like Artemis (no offense to you of course!) in that I feel like I'm having to over-defend Chara of all people. We were so spoiled to have him as a top 3 in the world for years that even the slightest decline and he is suddenly useless, worthless, and at best a #5-6 defenseman now? As in, McQuaid or Miller level? Sheesh.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Guys don't waste your breath, we aren't signing Methot. That was the whole point of trading Boychuk. You're not going to trade Boychuk as a cap casualty, and then give Methot the money you didn't have for Boychuk...

Hockey64

Nov 6, 2014
Western Mass
I'd like to offer another opinion:

I think the Jacobs outburst was a calculated show. He wanted to announce he was on the scene, with the added potential benefit of lighting a fire under the players. And it worked, temporarily.

But I don't see how it's remotely believable that the GM's seat is hot and Jacobs wants action because there is no way any reasonable human would respond by going into hiding. Your boss calls you out and your response is to vanish entirely??? I don't buy it. I think it was an act, and I bet that stuff goes on all the time. It's the management equivalent of tipping over the buffet.

I like that logic. How else can one explain a complete disconnect between Jacobs and Chia in regards to the fact that they "went all in" last year by borrowing from this year's salary cap to pay Iginla for last year's.

He is a businessman that has to be smart enough to understand he borrowed or mortgaged from the future (this year's salary cap) to make a major push for last year.

Considering how well it worked out last year (or not), will Jacobs insist that Chia further damage their future by trading pics/young players in an effort to build this team up?

Have to believe Jacobs is fully aware of the need to demonstrate to fan base and players that he expects playoffs in 2015 but also a wink or conversation with Chia to not go too far in sacrificing the future.

Which puts me in the camp that only minor pieces will be moved until the offseason and draft.

And then, who knows. Feel that Chia et company have built a solid foundation based on trust and while some of the vets may be moved, have a tough time thinking Chara the Captain will be peddled. He appears he is putting roots down in Mass (if we are to take getting his Mass real estate license) and he could risk all that he has built since taking over from his predecessor (remember those times that very few players wanted to come to Boston?).

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Guys don't waste your breath, we aren't signing Methot. That was the whole point of trading Boychuk. You're not going to trade Boychuk as a cap casualty, and then give Methot the money you didn't have for Boychuk...

Exactly. Which is why I'll fall over with horror if we do give up assets for Boychuks slightly lesser twin when he will *gasp* be leaving via Free agency in the offseason.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

They traded Boychuk for cap room this season, not because they couldn't resign him for next. Boychuk said himself there were no discussions on a new contract.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Can we please put an end to this "trade Chara" talk? Chara leaves Boston only if he pulls a Borque & requests it. Otherwise he retires a Bruin

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Smith becomes the new Kelly.
3yrs @ 3 mil per and a limited NTC. Can only be traded to 2 teams.

3M for him is way too much, he's soft, not that skilled, not great skater so why keep him with that money.

I don't understand why we have to trade him. He's 23 years old in his 2nd full NHL season. Am I the only one that thinks this may be somewhat of a sophomore slump?

He kils every line he plays and he has to be replaced by paille.
I'd hate to lose soda over re-signing smith or if he could get someone better back with that money why wouldn't you so it.
And I think he's gonna end up being a 3rd line rw, but we have eriksson in that spot already.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They traded Boychuk for cap room this season, not because they couldn't resign him for next. Boychuk said himself there were no discussions on a new contract.

and if we have the money to sign sekera/methot why wouldn't we do it.
Just because we let go of boychuk and that stops us from signing a new #4D.

We might us well try tanking next year.
Let's go for puljujarvi, 6"4(3) 220pounds at draft day, Rw, right handed, great skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad