Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
DeBrusk and Backes
For
Miles Wood

Maybe some of you balk at that right away but if you think about it it is a deal where you don't have to give up your first rounder-- so it essentially becomes DeBrusk and Backes for Wood and Boston 1st rounder.

Winger-with-size, Wood could get 30 next to Krejci.
Your right,I balked right away

Reactions: Spooner st

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Your right,I balked right away
Just spitballing, not married to it. Does mean we keep our picks and it opens up a ton of cap room for a good winger on a great contract. Is debrusk a great winger? No, not really., not yet. Again, there's only one year difference between them so it is hard to play the upside card too much. DeBrusk could very well break out next year but I would argue that Woods would as well on the wing next to Krejci.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Just spitballing, not married to it. Does mean we keep our picks and it opens up a ton of cap room for a good winger on a great contract. Is debrusk a great winger? No, not really., not yet. Again, there's only one year difference between them so it is hard to play the upside card too much. DeBrusk could very well break out next year but I would argue that Woods would as well on the wing next to Krejci.
Not against adding Woods and totally for removing Backes, not at the cost of Debrusk though,would rather move picks or prospects if that's the way it has to be,I'm holding out hope for the mystery surgery that's in late September with a 6-8 month recovery time

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Why do you think that? What has Beecher done at 17 that Frederic didn't? Beecher had 43 points in 63 games for the USDP, Frederic had 40 in 61. Beecher scored 4 points at the U-18's, Frederic had 7 points in the same tourney. They both played bottom6 roles.

As an 18 year old freshman, Frederic was a point per game players in college, he followed that up with another ppg season and being named assistant captain as as sophomore. All in, he scored 32 goals in his two years in college. He also scored 5 goals in 7 games at the WJC's that year.

IMO, it's way too early to say one will be better than the other. Frederic's post draft years have been very solid, the kind of production that projects to a top6 forward, and I'd be delighted if Beecher continues to mirror him.

It seems like everyone is down on Frederic because he didn't light up Providence his first year. That's a mistake IMO. First off, he did score at a 21 goal pace in the first half of his first pro season. That's not nothing. Marchand only had 18 goals as a rookie in the AHL. Frederic's points per game were the same pace as Kuhlman who's 3 years older. Also, a lot of first year pros do most of their damage in the second half. Sticking with Kuhlman as an example, he only had 9 points in his first 30 AHL games, then he put up 21 points in his last 28 games.

I don't mean to pick on you but it seems like a lot of folks are writing him off. Even that writer in the other thread had him as the 4th line center 5 years from now.
You could be right and if the B's hang onto Frederic I hope he becomes the young version of Backes they thought he might be, but I guess it is just personal preference at this point, as I see Beecher with a lot of speed, nasty and some touch as well could be a center version of Josh Anderson.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Great straight line speed. Less skill.
I agree, I see DeBrusk as a future 30 goal player. He was never right after Kadri's hit.

I love Myles Wood. Great speed and a good to very good shot, straight line player. Can fill in with the top 6 but is an ideal 3rd line. Is a good not great fighter, only two fights last year so it's not like he is Bob Probert, but is a great hitter and will stick up for himself and his teammates. If NJ is looking for a D grizz, a second next year or first in 2021 and Backes for Wood is a fair deal. If they want a prospect forward any one of Bjork, Senyshyn, Fitzgerald or JFK would be fine.

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
F
funny I got laughed at last year for suggesting donato and a first for wood. He is exactly what we need and is signed to a great deal. Can we do Heinen Backes a d man for wood?
Love this deal, but I no longer mention Heinen in trade proposals. Half the board thinks Heinen for McDavid isn't fair for Mr. Intensity, better points per dollars or some other analytic thing.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Debrusk is a better winger than Wood so why downgrade that much. I mean Debrusk had more goals than Wood had points this season. Now unless I'm looking at the wrong player I don't understand why you want a 3rd/4th liner for a 2nd liner.
Love this deal, but I no longer mention Heinen in trade proposals. Half the board thinks Heinen for McDavid isn't fair for Mr. Intensity, better points per dollars or some other analytic thing.
I think that the Bruins would be overpaying in that deal. I know that you hate Heinen but he still has vastly outproduced Woods. Now if it was Backes + Heinen for Woods and a pick I would do it but not for that deal that was mentioned.

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
DeBrusk and Backes
For
Miles Wood

Maybe some of you balk at that right away but if you think about it it is a deal where you don't have to give up your first rounder-- so it essentially becomes DeBrusk and Backes for Wood and Boston 1st rounder.

Winger-with-size, Wood could get 30 next to Krejci.

So you'd rather trade a known (DeBrusk) so you can keep a 1st rounder which could be anything from the next NHL great to a guy who never makes the show. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. I'd rather give up the 1st. We have a ton of prospects as it is who needs spots. Adding Wood at the cost of DeBrusk is a downgrade.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't want to move the first in this years draft, suppose to be very deep. Granted Sweeney could mess it up but at least let's have the pick or if moved get a younger top 6 forward with some time left on his contract.

I see one of Beecher or Frederic moving to wing in the future, my thought would be Frederic, good defensive game, good shot, not a great playmaker or skater. Could become a 15-20 goal physical wing with size, something they need badly.

Correct me if I am wrong but is Zech even signed to an NHL contract? I thought it was just an AHL deal. I wouldn't be counting on a guy on an AHL deal to step in for Grizz of Krug anytime soon or ever.

To move Backes I would add one of Senyshyn, Kuhlman, Zboril or Lauzon. It will take a decent prospect as well as maybe a third round pick and another lower prospect. Include a decent D prospect if you have to instead of a lower prospect like Fitzgerald or JFK.

Backes, Senyshyn, JFK for a 2021 third and no money retained, I have no idea if that gets it done from a Jersey stand point.

You are retaining salary on Backes in order to
give up less talent. Backes 50% retained and
Zboril may do it.

member 96824

Sometimes I feel like I watched a different team than a lot of people.

Jake DeBrusk had 27 goals last year, his second season in the show. That’s where the Coutures, Panarins, Benns, and Kessels of the world sat last year as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Wood is pretty much stuck on the Devils 4th line. That's a lot of cash to pay a 4th liner. He is my favorite NHL'er though. Love the way he plays. His speed is off the charts but he's kind of like a cat on fire..He doesn't have great hockey sense, and def gets out of position a lot..He is menace in front of the net though and has a real underrated shot. Is a fan favorite. Had almost 100 hits in a little over 60 games. Not sure if he is a consistent 20 goal guy...prob 12-16...will have a 20 g outlier season I would think. When you go see him live he stands out with his size and skating...he looks all world, but again doesn't anticipate plays all that well.

DeBrusk or Heinen for him would be out of the question. I would try to get him though for sure. You guys would love him here

Reactions: Flannelman

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm going to get crucified for this one, but different take on moving Backes contract.

To New Jersey: David Backes + Jaroslav Halak
To Boston: Cory Schneider + Miles Wood

I think Schneider is much better than his numbers the last 3 years have shown and even then his SV% is right there with guys like Martin Jones & Jonathan Quick. If you look at Schneider when he's on, he's a very good goalie that can put up Vezina like numbers. His last 3 years of products are not far of from where Halak was when he came to Boston...

JH - 2.82 GAA / .913 SV%
CS - 2.90 GAA / .907 SV%

The 3 years prior to this, CS was a completely different goalie:

CS - 2.14 GAA / .924 SV%

So who knows, maybe he can pull a Halak and improve his numbers. With the team built here, I think he could. And maybe he gets back to his playing form from his first 3 years in New Jersey. If it doesn't work out, you buy him out in the off-season 4yrs @ $2 million per.

As for the rest... Halak gives the Devils a solid goaltender coming off a good year and can pair with Blackwood. They also would not be committed to Halak long term and could target someone like Holtby should he make it to FA.

Boston may need to add for Wood to come back, but the way I was looking at it...

Backes Contract > Schneider Contract (Because its 1yr less and less real money owed)
Halak would be an upgrade over Schneider

Is this enough to justify Wood coming back? no idea.

Again, just another idea. Angrily reply away.

member 96824

I'm going to get crucified for this one, but different take on moving Backes contract.

I'm not sure I see where this helps the Bruins cap situation or makes them a better hockey team. Wood comes in and places in place of Nordstrom..is the small upgrade there really worth not only extending the cap woes, but shifting them to the goalie slot?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

I think Schneider is much better than his numbers the last 3 years have shown and even then his SV% is right there with guys like Martin Jones & Jonathan Quick. If you look at Schneider when he's on, he's a very good goalie that can put up Vezina like numbers. His last 3 years of products are not far of from where Halak was when he came to Boston...

JH - 2.82 GAA / .913 SV%
CS - 2.90 GAA / .907 SV%

The 3 years prior to this, CS was a completely different goalie:

CS - 2.14 GAA / .924 SV%

So who knows, maybe he can pull a Halak and improve his numbers. With the team built here, I think he could. And maybe he gets back to his playing form from his first 3 years in New Jersey. If it doesn't work out, you buy him out in the off-season 4yrs @ $2 million per.

As for the rest... Halak gives the Devils a solid goaltender coming off a good year and can pair with Blackwood. They also would not be committed to Halak long term and could target someone like Holtby should he make it to FA.

Boston may need to add for Wood to come back, but the way I was looking at it...

Backes Contract > Schneider Contract (Because its 1yr less and less real money owed)
Halak would be an upgrade over Schneider

Is this enough to justify Wood coming back? no idea.

Again, just another idea. Angrily reply away.
I like the idea.

I just don't think it entices NJ anywhere enough to take on Backes. Not to mention giving up Wood in the deal as well.

Reactions: Lo97

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm not sure I see where this helps the Bruins cap situation or makes them a better hockey team.

cap hit would be a wash this year and if Schneider can bounce back like Halak did (and I think he can with this team in front of him) then Halak/Schneider become a wash. This leaves Backes and Wood. Would Wood not be an upgrade over Backes?

You can also buyout Schneider if it doesn't work out and it'll be $2 million for 4 years. If he bounces back then you can always try and trade him.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I like the idea.

I just don't think it entices NJ anywhere enough to take on Backes. Not to mention giving up Wood in the deal as well.

Their essentially getting out of Cory's contract a year early if you do Backes for Schneider. They also will pay less "real money" as well. I'd say that's pretty enticing to take on Backes, who is still a great presence in the locker room that's full of young high-end talent.

As for Wood, you maybe right. Maybe Boston needs to add, but what they need to add idk.

member 96824

cap hit would be a wash this year and if Schneider can bounce back like Halak did (and I think he can with this team in front of him) then Halak/Schneider become a wash. This leaves Backes and Wood. Would Wood not be an upgrade over Backes?

You can also buyout Schneider if it doesn't work out and it'll be $2 million for 4 years. If he bounces back then you can always try and trade him.

Backes isn't in my lineup for the upcoming season, so the question is who does Miles Wood replace. It's probably Nordstrom, which Wood is an upgrade over but by how much? and is that upgrade worth extending the Bruins "dead money" situation?

I think that Schneider's contract is even more unmovable than Backes. It doesn't even have the real salary dollar benefits and goalies historically aren't worth much on the market.

Even with a bounce back year, it's going to be difficult to find a taker for a 34 year old goalie making $6M in real salary and $6M in cap who has been absolutely terrible since the moment he turned 30.

I'm a little lost on where the fascination with Miles Wood came from. He's alright...

Reactions: Lo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad