Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
How does a player pile up 91 PIM in 863 minutes of ice time with only 2 fights? 10% of a season spent in the box or in the locker room?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
How do you come up with $18 Million?
Happy you caught this for me.

Not that I would ever suggest that $5M isn't a lot of money or that I would reasonably hope Backes would make that decision.

I do wonder however if the idea of finishing out these years in the AHL (either with the Bruins or after a trade) might help influence his decision just a smidge. Especially considering some of the health-related stuff he's gone/going through of late.

And pictures? Well that goes without saying. ;)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So Heinen will improve his scoring but Wood can't? Who were Wood's linemates again last season? Heinen had two seasons of college and a full year of AHL and play-offs before he broke in. Wood one season in college and 15 AHL games. Wood has three more years left at 2.5 per, could be a steal.

What the hell does Heinen have to do with anything?

People are obsessed with him. Reading the heinen thread while I was gone was mind numbing

Yes wood might improve. Right now people are suggesting we take on a worse contract than the one people are already crying about to downgrade in net and add a fringe 3rd/4th liner. It is what it is. It’s insanity

But I know I know...he hits!

Reactions: Lo97

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

People are obsessed with him. Reading the heinen thread while I was gone was mind numbing

Yes wood might improve. Right now people are suggesting we take on a worse contract than the one people are already crying about to downgrade in net and add a fringe 3rd/4th liner. It is what it is. It’s insanity

I just picked any Bruin that needs to improve, sorry to strike a nerve.

Halak vs a healthy Schneider, give me Schneider every day of the week. Halak was great in some part due to what was our team, and Cory would do the same IMO...

Anyways, was more pointing out people being critical of a player they have prob seen play 5 times at most and writing him off "as is" yet Bruins of course have a sky is the limit potential..

No way do I give up JDB to move Backes tho

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Halak vs a healthy Schneider, give me Schneider every day of the week. Halak was great in some part due to what was our team, and Cory would do the same IMO...

Anyways, was more pointing out people being critical of a player they have prob seen play 5 times at most and writing him off "as is" yet Bruins of course have a sky is the limit potential..

You see, I look at Schneider exactly how I look at Backes. I don’t think we are going to see a healthy Schneider again. He’s 33 and has played the same way for three years now. The only difference is that his contract is worse. And I don’t think adding miles wood is worth acquiring that contract and taking a performance hit in net

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

But I know I know...he hits!

Just saw your added "but he hits" bullshit comment.

He hits
He's also faster than a guy like Heinen say..
And you know what? He's also a better goal scorer than hmm, lets use Heinen as an example. I know in Bruins land advanced stats are greater than actual goals scored but whatever.

Like I said when it's all said and done I'd probably take DH over him as a third liner, but you obviously don't know much about the player you are talking about

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Happy you caught this for me.

Not that I would ever suggest that $5M isn't a lot of money or that I would reasonably hope Backes would make that decision.

I do wonder however if the idea of finishing out these years in the AHL (either with the Bruins or after a trade) might help influence his decision just a smidge. Especially considering some of the health-related stuff he's gone/going through of late.

And pictures? Well that goes without saying. ;)

Question: With talk earlier in the offseason that David Backes may require surgery and for what is yet unknown, do you think the team might be saying "let's try physio first and if that doesn't work then surgery" as a delay tactic so that they could place him on LTIR for possibly the season?

An NHL player agent: (Laughs) would you really be surprised if that happens? (Laughs again)

Now, I'm not suggesting anything at all here, but pretty surprising that there hasn't been a peep since Sweeney first mentioned it don't you think?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Question: With talk earlier in the offseason that David Backes may require surgery and for what is yet unknown, do you think the team might be saying "let's try physio first and if that doesn't work then surgery" as a delay tactic so that they could place him on LTIR for possibly the season?

An NHL player agent: (Laughs) would you really be surprised if that happens? (Laughs again)

Now, I'm not suggesting anything at all here, but pretty surprising that there hasn't been a peep since Sweeney first mentioned it don't you think?

tenor.gif

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Give me Halak any day of the week and his 2.75 mil cap hit for one more year over Schneider and his 6 mil dollar cap hit for the next 3 years. Career Numbers are near identical and I'll take Halak today and add in that extra 3.25 million for two more years with Schneider, big time pass.

SeasonGPGSWLTOTSAGAGAASv%SOMIN
2018-2019262361304718703.06.90311,372
NHL Career396377167153--5611,1289022.40.9192522,56
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Career Playoffs30281315----855652.39.92401,633
2018-201940372211041,158902.34.92252,309
NHL Career489471254161--5213,9271,1662.49.9164728,129
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Give me Halak any day of the week and his 2.75 mil cap hit for one more year over Schneider and his 6 mil dollar cap hit for the next 3 years. Career Numbers are near identical and I'll take Halak today and add in that extra 3.25 million for two more years with Schneider, big time pass.

2018-2019262361304718703.06.90311,372
NHL Career396377167153--5611,1289022.40.9192522,56
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Career Playoffs30281315----855652.39.92401,633
2018-201940372211041,158902.34.92252,309
NHL Career489471254161--5213,9271,1662.49.9164728,129
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I should have been more clear, the salary difference is of course the ultimate decider

member 96824

Wood scored more goals then Heinen in 17-18 and would easily have surpassed him last year if not for injury... You could go wood-coyle-Heinen as Danton played great RW last year. Wood brings more speed, physicality and goal scoring ability, especially playing with a C like Coyle. He's nowhere near the all around player Heinen is, but I would love to see them on the same line with a good center.

Very true about moving Heinen over to the right side, and I trust you on Wood since you’ve seen him more than most. I just haven’t been all that impressed when I’ve seen him dating back to his BC days. Not a bad bottom 6 guy for sure..nice energy and can pot a couple.

But not a guy I’m f***ing the cap up even more for or giving up anything of significant value. If NJ was like “hey we’re looking for an old fashioned F for D hockey trade” and that F was Wood? Sure

Reactions: Lo97

member 96824

No kidding! Like what the hell? Who is Lyle Richardson and why would he suggest something so asinine?

If the Rangers trade Kreider for Backes straight up while in the middle of trying to clear space I’m going to need your help cleaning out my history of saying nice things about Gorton over the years.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Chris Kreider For David Backes Trade Brewing?

Boring off-season and there is zero percent chance this is happening, but I'm still posting for some trade talk fun.
Quote from this article:
Lyle Richardson of Spectors Hockey explains that the Rangers could get into the idea of a one for one swap for forward Chris Kreider.
I went to Spectors Hockey and could not find one instance of Lyle, whomever this is, proposing a one for one swap or a trade for that matter involving both players. The closest I saw is that the Bruins may be interested in Kreider, but they would have to get rid of Backes' contract first (McAvoy and Carlo still unsigned). Nowhere did I see the proposed trade, unless I am missing something?

In my opinion, that looks like a clickbait article fishing for views. Not only is there no author, they interpreted the source incorrectly. Journalism these days yeesh.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Chris Kreider For David Backes Trade Brewing?

Boring off-season and there is zero percent chance this is happening, but I'm still posting for some trade talk fun.

Were all desperate for trade talk but this one makes zilch zero sense Backes for Kreider straight up.

I don't know who the author is stating this, but Lyle Richardson is a very well respected and doesn't write garbage and I'd like to see where he actually stated that. This is what he stated in his column today.

NHL Rumor Mill – July 17, 2019 | Spectors Hockey

The Rangers need to free up cap space to re-sign Jacob Trouba (among others). Kreider is slated to become an unrestricted free agent next summer. The Colorado Avalanche, Boston Bruins, and St. Louis Blues could be destinations.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: If the Rangers decide to part ways with Kreider they could prefer doing so this summer. Otherwise, the uncertainty over his status will be an unnecessary distraction throughout the season. The Avs can afford him but I think general manager Joe Sakic is done making additions and is now focused on re-signing his remaining RFAs, including Mikko Rantanen.
The Bruins are trying to re-sign defenseman Charlie McAvoy and Brandon Carlo. With around $8 million in cap room, they can’t afford Kreider unless they shed a salaried player. If they can find a taker for David Backes, perhaps this could work. The Blues, meanwhile, seem focused on trying to keep their championship roster intact.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Would anyone do a Marchand for Taylor Hall unsigned deal? Considering what the LBH has done in the last two Stanley Cup playoff series against CHI an STL, would anyone trade his great contract for an unsinged Hall that would get 8-9x7 for sure. Hall's issue is that he can't stay healthy. The plan would be to resign Hall of course.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad