Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Backes isn't in my lineup for the upcoming season, so the question is who does Miles Wood replace. It's probably Nordstrom, which Wood is an upgrade over but by how much? and is that upgrade worth extending the Bruins "dead money" situation?

I imagine he becomes your #3LW. Right now that spot is open and I'd say Wood would be the guy if he was in this system.

I think that Schneider's contract is even more unmovable than Backes. It doesn't even have the real salary dollar benefits and goalies historically aren't worth much on the market.

Again if it doesn't work, you buy him out in the off-season. It'll be $2 million per for 4 years.

Even with a bounce back year, it's going to be difficult to find a taker for a 34 year old goalie making $6M in real salary and $6M in cap who has been absolutely terrible since the moment he turned 30.

It could be tough to move him still after a bounce back year, but it only takes one team to see value in him. Again worst case you buy him out.

I'm a little lost on where the fascination with Miles Wood came from. He's alright...

I'm not really a fascinated with Miles wood, but he's got size and can skate. Has some upside and is an average to above average 3rd line producer. Could be a different piece coming back, but Wood would fill a need.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
5 players who could still be traded this summer

Chris Kreider

Codie McLachlan / Getty Images Sport / Getty
Team: Rangers
Position: LW
Cap hit: $4.625M
Kreider is entering the last year of his contract, and as general manager Jeff Gorton continues to reshape the roster, it doesn't appear the longtime Ranger is a part of the team's equation moving forward. A trade could come closer to the 2019-20 deadline, but Gorton may not be able to wait. The club holds just over $7 million in cap space, but four RFAs - including Jacob Trouba - are still without contracts.
Every team would want Kreider due to his rare combination of size, speed, physicality, and offensive ability, and he's still young at just 28 years old. He gets a say in his destination, as Kreider's contract includes an 11-team no-trade list.
Possible fits: Avalanche, Bruins, Blues

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I mean the price for Wood and them to take Backes is gonna be so high that you aren't gonna have to add much to get Hall instead of Wood.

Their team sucks and I have to think Hall is going to be moved for assets they likely have no shot to resign him unless they seriously overpay him hes hitting UFA next July. His cap hit matches Backes's.

We'd almost certainly get the best season of Hall's career out of him dude might score 50 and have a year like Dollar Bill did before he went to Dallas. I could get behind the idea of loading up and then letting Hall and likely Krug walk so we don't have long term cap issues.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Cory Schneider has a worse contract than Backes its a year longer. No way I go near him.

But here's the thing, are you going to play Backes or is he a $6 million fan? Most people don't have Backes in the line-up at all. With Scheider you'll get 35-40 starts or how many ever you want out of him. Even as bad as he's been his number over the last 3 years rank as a fringe starter. So at worst you're getting a fringe starter with the upside of a former #1 work horse....for a guy who no one even has in their line-up.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I mean the price for Wood and them to take Backes is gonna be so high that you aren't gonna have to add much to get Hall instead of Wood.

Their team sucks and I have to think Hall is going to be moved for assets they likely have no shot to resign him unless they seriously overpay him hes hitting UFA next July. His cap hit matches Backes's.

We'd almost certainly get the best season of Hall's career out of him dude might score 50 and have a year like Dollar Bill did before he went to Dallas. I could get behind the idea of loading up and then letting Hall and likely Krug walk so we don't have long term cap issues.

Huh?

Schneider - 3yrs @ $6 million ($18 million owed)
Backes - 2yrs @ $6 million ($5 million owed)

New Jersey would be getting out of a bad contract a year early and paying $13 million less in actual money. I'd hardly call that New Jersey "taking on Backes."

member 96824

The proposal is essentially extend Backes’s contract one year while downgrading the quality of our goaltending, so we can add a 10 goal LW to play behind Marchand, DeBrusk, and Heinen.

Again, I’m just not seeing the benefit.

Reactions: Lo97 and wintersej

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
But here's the thing, are you going to play Backes or is he a $6 million fan? Most people don't have Backes in the line-up at all. With Scheider you'll get 35-40 starts or how many ever you want out of him. Even as bad as he's been his number over the last 3 years rank as a fringe starter. So at worst you're getting a fringe starter with the upside of a former #1 work horse....for a guy who no one even has in their line-up.

If Hall is in the deal sign me up for a year of Corey Schneider before we buy him out. Stick gonna hurt to be stuck with dead cap space. Im not touching Schneider with a 10 foot pole just to move Backes but if Hall comes back OK. Its honestly not hard to find a decent backup.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'm going to get crucified for this one, but different take on moving Backes contract.

To New Jersey: David Backes + Jaroslav Halak
To Boston: Cory Schneider + Miles Wood

I think Schneider is much better than his numbers the last 3 years have shown and even then his SV% is right there with guys like Martin Jones & Jonathan Quick. If you look at Schneider when he's on, he's a very good goalie that can put up Vezina like numbers. His last 3 years of products are not far of from where Halak was when he came to Boston...

JH - 2.82 GAA / .913 SV%
CS - 2.90 GAA / .907 SV%

The 3 years prior to this, CS was a completely different goalie:

CS - 2.14 GAA / .924 SV%

So who knows, maybe he can pull a Halak and improve his numbers. With the team built here, I think he could. And maybe he gets back to his playing form from his first 3 years in New Jersey. If it doesn't work out, you buy him out in the off-season 4yrs @ $2 million per.

As for the rest... Halak gives the Devils a solid goaltender coming off a good year and can pair with Blackwood. They also would not be committed to Halak long term and could target someone like Holtby should he make it to FA.

Boston may need to add for Wood to come back, but the way I was looking at it...

Backes Contract > Schneider Contract (Because its 1yr less and less real money owed)
Halak would be an upgrade over Schneider

Is this enough to justify Wood coming back? no idea.

Again, just another idea. Angrily reply away.

The reason the Bruins want to trade Backes is to dump that terrible contract and too free up some cap money to be able to sign some of their other players, who need to be signed this year and beyond, and to free up more cap room to possibly make some other moves down the road. The last thing they want to do is swap a mutually bad contract for another.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The proposal is essentially extend Backes’s contract one year while downgrading the quality of our goaltending, so we can add a 10 goal LW to play behind Marchand, DeBrusk, and Heinen.

Is it really a downgrade in goaltending though? Last 3 years ...

Schneider - 122 Starts / 2.90 GAA / .907 SV% / 4 SO
Halak - 112 Starts / 2.82 GAA / .914 SV% / 8 SO

^This includes Halak past season in Boston where (statically) he had his best year in 6 seasons. 5 of his 8 shutouts came this year playing for Boston. Schneider on the other hand has been on one of the worst teams in the NHL and even the back-ups (while slightly better) don't exactly blow his numbers out of the water. So is it that Schneider is a bad goalie or they are just a bad overall team?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think a Bruins/Rangers deal for Kreider went up in flames once Panarin committed. Now instead of having tons of cap space, they are looking to shed contracts. They want to move out Kreider for a haul of picks and prospects. Boston is looking to unload cap space as well, so a deal between these two teams has no doubt been tabled. If Boston moved a bunch of cap to another team in order to afford Kreiders contract without giving cap back to the Rangers, then I think we see a deal get done. But the cost to both free up our cap and then get Kreider would be expensive on pics and prospects. I just don't see Sweeney robbing the future that much for the now. Kreider would be a good fit on the team however, IMO.

Reactions: jangerhofer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Seriously. I know people are upset we lost the cup but we need a little more rationality here

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think a Bruins/Rangers deal for Kreider went up in flames once Panarin committed. Now instead of having tons of cap space, they are looking to shed contracts. They want to move out Kreider for a haul of picks and prospects. Boston is looking to unload cap space as well, so a deal between these two teams has no doubt been tabled. If Boston moved a bunch of cap to another team in order to afford Kreiders contract without giving cap back to the Rangers, then I think we see a deal get done. But the cost to both free up our cap and then get Kreider would be expensive on pics and prospects. I just don't see Sweeney robbing the future that much for the now. Kreider would be a good fit on the team however, IMO.

Is Kreider signing an extension around 6 mil per year?

If so give up the assets and get him. If not pass.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Wood scored more goals then Heinen in 17-18 and would easily have surpassed him last year if not for injury... You could go wood-coyle-Heinen as Danton played great RW last year. Wood brings more speed, physicality and goal scoring ability, especially playing with a C like Coyle. He's nowhere near the all around player Heinen is, but I would love to see them on the same line with a good center.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenian24

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Whenever you can add a guy with 24 points to your top 9 you absolutely HAVE to do it

So Heinen will improve his scoring but Wood can't? Who were Wood's linemates again last season? Heinen had two seasons of college and a full year of AHL and play-offs before he broke in. Wood one season in college and 15 AHL games. Wood has three more years left at 2.5 per, could be a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->