Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Don't tell the Devils -- he was listed in the rumored trade package.

If I'm trading with the Bruins, I look at the way they've identified and developed D prospects and make it a priority to pick off what I can. 23-year-old (happy birthday) NHL ready defenseman with a good size, mobility, and pedigree, and four seasons of affordable team control? Yes, please.

Plus the logjam of solid defensemen in the Bruins system may make a team think that if a player like Zboril is given game time, he can be an asset. Plus it gives the Bruins leverage to a team thin of D prospects like Detroit or New Jersey to pay a little more.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Would you give the same package for Palmieri? Kreider? I would. I don’t have much opinion on Hall though. Although I would prefer to add a prospect and keep a pick.

Kreider is out of the question because the Rangers are in playoff contention now and they may treat him as their rental and would ask a lot to give up to an Eastern Conference team that they may face in the playoffs.

Palmieri? Maybe, but I don't think he would cost that much.

LongIslandBruinsFan

Dec 6, 2014
Kreider is out of the question because the Rangers are in playoff contention now and they may treat him as their rental and would ask a lot to give up to an Eastern Conference team that they may face in the playoffs.

Palmieri? Maybe, but I don't think he would cost that much.
NYR is not keeping Kreider past tomorrow afternoon if they don't re-sign him. They are not dumb and most likely see this recent run as fool's gold. Collect assets for Kreider and Fast, keep trying to make the playoffs, and then see if Kreider will come back in the summer.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
marcus foligno plays for the wild.

I thought you meant Nick Foligno. My apologies.

As for Marcus Foligno...eh...seems like a low scoring top 9 guy who has size and not much else. I'd like Kase to be more top 9 than top 6 if the Bruins can help it.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Derek Grant? Stop it.

who is a better forechecker?
who is better at faceoffs?
who can bring some energy to line 3?
who has double the goals in 10 less games?

ya, derek grant is not a house hold name. but i can guarantee you he will get the puck more often than not in a forecheck. sleepy danton has lost something in the past 2 months.

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Plus the logjam of solid defensemen in the Bruins system may make a team think that if a player like Zboril is given game time, he can be an asset. Plus it gives the Bruins leverage to a team thin of D prospects like Detroit or New Jersey to pay a little more.

I think some team is going to be very happy if they are able to get Zboril out of Boston. They are likely paying a pretty reduced price for a guy who can step right into their 3rd pairing, and still has a very good chance of being a solid second pairing guy

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
I thought you meant Nick Foligno. My apologies.

As for Marcus Foligno...eh...seems like a low scoring top 9 guy who has size and not much else. I'd like Kase to be more top 9 than top 6 if the Bruins can help it.

we all want a top 6 forward (kreider / palmieri). and its easy to get. give up studnicka and either one of those players will be a bruin. but its not happening. so looking for alternatives to upgrade the roster.

Reactions: Strafer

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
NYR is not keeping Kreider past tomorrow afternoon if they don't re-sign him. They are not dumb and most likely see this recent run as fool's gold. Collect assets for Kreider and Fast, keep trying to make the playoffs, and then see if Kreider will come back in the summer.

Not with Shesterkin playing out of his mind in net and the team has been getting good point production out of their players at a key point in the season. They need to find a way to ride this wave of momentum, not kill it. Unless they can get good pieces in exchange for Kreider that can help them continue their run, it would be foolish to cut bait when they are still in shouting distance of leapfrogging the Islanders and have two games in hand on Columbus.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
They can compete Alan, for sure, but I see people post this a lot and it's like they're saying we're the best in the league so there's no reason to get better. This team has weaknesses. Depth scoring, 5on5 scoring, lack of size to play against bigger defenses... Weaknesses that are masked by great special teams and spectacular goaltending.

Goaltending in particular has been a big difference maker for us during the regular season. We're 1st in sv pct at .925 and a team like Tampa is only .907. I think that gap exists because of Halak. Because our backup is so much better than everyone else's. Almost every night we get spectacular goaltending, while other teams have to play crap backups 20-30 times a season. That gap in goaltending is going to close in the playoffs when teams only play their starters, and when the gap closes, other things like depth scoring and 5on5 scoring are going to matter more than in the regular season.

I think that's why Sweeney is working so hard to get help. Kase, IF he can stay healthy, will help. It will be interesting to see what else he does by 3pm.

As I said in my original post I'll be pleased if they can add a Kreider, Palmieri, etc.

I just don't think they are "doomed" if it doesn't happen. Lots of negativity in here and our Bruins are a good team. Be grateful that we're not like Toronto.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I feel Simmonds and Thornton as rentals coming in.

Thornton would be good for the story, but it wouldn't be the best decision for this team.

Simmonds is not where he was when he was a member of the Flyers.

If this was a couple of years ago, these would be steals for Boston. But now...eh. It feels like there wouldn't be an upgrade for the Bruins. Which is what they need.

Reactions: bbfan419

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

You mean like Bruins did with Loui Ericsson? :sarcasm: I seen teams do lots of dumb stuff over the years

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
As I said in my original post I'll be pleased if they can add a Kreider. Palmieri, etc.

I just don't think they are "doomed" if it doesn't happen. Lots of negativity in here and our Bruins are a good team. Be grateful that we're not like Toronto.

Good team with a gaping top 6 hole now Sweeneys entire tenure .Want Cup fix it.Want to be told you had a good year at least ,then just leave it as is.

Reactions: bruinsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad