Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think rangers are even moving Kreider.
He can block them and may already have

they will have trouble moving him for what they want between his 11 team no trade that has teams that would want him snd 15-20 teams like Montreal, Toronto that aren’t interested or can’t afford

they could keep him and try to sign over next 4 months

Boston lurks

Trent Frederic keeps popping into my mind when I think of Kreider

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Outright favorite for the Cup? Surely not. I don't know the actual odds, but Tampa and Washington have to be preferred with us in 3rd. Every team has weaknesses and uncertainties, and of course the NHL postseason is the toughest and most unpredictable there is, but I feel like the Bruins have 4 big question marks, regardless of what happens before the deadline:

- Fatigue. The biggest issue. The team has battled for energy since late November, and while the break helped, the group is understandably still feeling the effects of a very long 2019 postseason, and when they're flat, they're really flat, as just seen in Vancouver. Do the Bs really have it in them to last until June again and maintain the rage for over 2 months of intense hockey?

- Secondary scoring. Self-explanatory. Trades may help somewhat, but we'll have to wait and see.

- Age. Having 4 guys 30+ (ex. goalies) who are not just making up the numbers but absolutely integral to the Bruins' strength and chances, 2 of whom have known injury susceptibilities, carries some level of risk. Not a massive issue, but relevant.

- Chara. Related to the above. We have great defensive depth, but a soon-to-be 43 year-old still feels integral to the abilities of our back 6. He's remarkable and resilient and he's more likely than not to be just fine, but it's still something of a potential liability to have him on the top pair, both in terms of fitness and his ability to keep up during another stanza of playoff-level hockey.

You can raise question marks for the Bolts and Caps too, but I don't think they carry quite the same level of concern, and, with rosters otherwise at least the equal of ours, I think that gives them a right to slight favoritism over Boston.

I reckon we're a real chance. A genuine contender with a very strong, well-built lineup. With a little luck and a few things falling into place and going the Bs way absolutely they can make good on last year's disappointment. But I don't see us as favorites, as much as that word means anything in the modern NHL.

Edit: just thought of size, strength and 'fight' as another definite question mark. Do the Bruins have enough of these to take it up to the likes of Washington over the course of a series with reffing that is likely to let a lot more go than during the regular season?

This is the most well thought out appraisal of what is, and what can be expected for the present and the upcoming playoffs. I suspect that DS is wondering if his team truly has the energy to go another 4 rounds to a SC final without a major addition. Even with a major add, he's probably thinking next year is an optimum target but expecting this level of health, luck and expertise to remain is a tall order. Does he go all in this year and strip the team of its next wave of top young players like Studnica or does he stand pat with another small move that can pay big dividends for this year? I'm glad of one thing, that I don't have to make that judgement.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I haven't really been following the last couple of days but what is the feeling on the Bruins for tomorrow? Is Kase our only move or are we still looking for a RW? You would think after the Kase trade there would be some kind of info leaked from sources if the Bruins were still active or not. Watching TSN it didn't have the Bruins listed in projected buyers on trade day

@lost peanut mentioned yesterday that BOS/NJD are still talking about Pameiri.

Reactions: bbfan419

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
I like it from both a sentimental angle and the angle of playing for a guy like that to win, but I just don't see the fit.

People have been complaining about Danton Heinens production all year and are now clamoring for Joe Thornton?? It just makes absolutely zero sense to me. I also can’t even come close to relating to this romanticized sentimentality everyone seems to have for him. Personally I’d rather win with the guys that have been the heart and soul of that 4th line for the last number of years then roll in some stiff (who may or may not contribute A secondary assist on the back half of a pp somewhere along the line) so he can hoist another teams cup. It just feels so fake and silly to me but clearly I’m in the minority so guess it’s me.

I don’t enjoy sounding overly cynical but all I kno is my eyeballs have told me he’s in the conversation for worse player in the league this year. He is so freakin slow. Yes he still can make a slick pass from time to time but I’m sure Craig Janney or Adam Oates could as well...should we roll them back in the town so they can have a fake manufactured cup run too?? To me this is not the time to be sentimental. Just makes no sense to me at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->