Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We want Joe

If after getting a Palmeri or Kreider they have enough cap space to bring in Joe for nothing I might consider it. But only if he is treated like a depth player, maybe play a couple times a week against certain matchups. No real guarantee of post season ice time. I think used in that way he may add value. But if that is going to be a problem, and will upset chemistry then I don't want him here

Reactions: bbfan419

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The good news is I can Potentially dust off the Thornton jersey I have in my closet

Murph is just pullin shit from here I bet tho

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The good news is I can Potentially dust off the Thornton jersey I have in my closet
I like it from both a sentimental angle and the angle of playing for a guy like that to win, but I just don't see the fit.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Deadline is over at 3pm EST tomorrow (well today now) right?
Correct.

DS is probably slugging coffee trying to get Kreider here, with Palmieri in his back pocket ready to slip through his fingers if he waits any longer.

tenor.gif

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Garbage...Boston's incredibly deep on defense, not a lot of opportunity here especially on the left side. He makes at least 15 NHL teams right now...maybe 20. Again, I have to ask, are you basing any of your opinion on watching him or what?
Does Steven Kampfer make 15-20 NHL teams? Thats who they chose to play over Zboril this season. Gryz and Moore are both good on the right side too so it doesn’t matter what hand he shoots.

I do not watch him but I know that our #12 defenseman is not a regular on 15-20 teams. That is delusional.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
What makes you think that?
Rangers are 4 points out of a playoff spot. They want to resign him. And if they trade him they probably won’t make the playoffs. And I’m sure the owner loves playoff revenue

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Rangers are 4 points out of a playoff spot. They want to resign him. And if they trade him they probably won’t make the playoffs. And I’m sure the owner loves playoff revenue
If they haven’t resigned him yet they’re not going to. They’d be incredibly stupid not to move him.

Reactions: Strafer

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I thought ds big move for this year was doing a hell of a job getting a roster put together with amazing cap control that allowed the best depth in the nhl… while just getting some insane good contracts on our top line and number 1 and 2 dmen...

very smart decesions which vets to keep... which to move... and some skill opening spots for kids to get an opportunity to inject youth and energy

most these moves were done well before the deadline so this team had a chance to find chemistry and an idenity... now coming off a year where they went to the cup finals this is a cohesive machine... ripping it up in first place headed towards the president trophy... and a clear cut favorite to grab the cup this year

if theres any other little adds at this deadline they sure as hell wont be his big move. this team was about as good as it gets for the cap limits... so we are looking for a fine tune if anything

Outright favorite for the Cup? Surely not. I don't know the actual odds, but Tampa and Washington have to be preferred with us in 3rd. Every team has weaknesses and uncertainties, and of course the NHL postseason is the toughest and most unpredictable there is, but I feel like the Bruins have 4 big question marks, regardless of what happens before the deadline:

- Fatigue. The biggest issue. The team has battled for energy since late November, and while the break helped, the group is understandably still feeling the effects of a very long 2019 postseason, and when they're flat, they're really flat, as just seen in Vancouver. Do the Bs really have it in them to last until June again and maintain the rage for over 2 months of intense hockey?

- Secondary scoring. Self-explanatory. Trades may help somewhat, but we'll have to wait and see.

- Age. Having 4 guys 30+ (ex. goalies) who are not just making up the numbers but absolutely integral to the Bruins' strength and chances, 2 of whom have known injury susceptibilities, carries some level of risk. Not a massive issue, but relevant.

- Chara. Related to the above. We have great defensive depth, but a soon-to-be 43 year-old still feels integral to the abilities of our back 6. He's remarkable and resilient and he's more likely than not to be just fine, but it's still something of a potential liability to have him on the top pair, both in terms of fitness and his ability to keep up during another stanza of playoff-level hockey.

You can raise question marks for the Bolts and Caps too, but I don't think they carry quite the same level of concern, and, with rosters otherwise at least the equal of ours, I think that gives them a right to slight favoritism over Boston.

I reckon we're a real chance. A genuine contender with a very strong, well-built lineup. With a little luck and a few things falling into place and going the Bs way absolutely they can make good on last year's disappointment. But I don't see us as favorites, as much as that word means anything in the modern NHL.

Edit: just thought of size, strength and 'fight' as another definite question mark. Do the Bruins have enough of these to take it up to the likes of Washington over the course of a series with reffing that is likely to let a lot more go than during the regular season?

Last edited:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I think DS now likes Heinen more than the rest of the league. The word is out. They won’t get their value for him so they won’t move him.

Put me down for DS moves Moore for a pick and picks up a depth forward for Zboril...Drew Stafford level...yeah, Zboril doesn’t have a tun of value, but DS moves him as a courtesy because he’s not in the plans.
Much better than moving a pick.

But Heinen continues to play on L3. That’s that.

Teams keep trying to take advantage of DS, and he continues to walk away.

Last edited:

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
I just don’t get what the hold up is... Sweeney is playing a dangerous game. I will be so upset if a guy like Kreider or Palmeiri ends up with our 1st round opponent...for something we could afford if we just gave a bit more.

We have so many decent prospects I am sure if we wanted to, we could give them what they want...

It is like going to the store and refusing to pay 95c for a really nice Mango...but willing to pay 89c instead. Just overpay and get on with winning!

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Does Steven Kampfer make 15-20 NHL teams? Thats who they chose to play over Zboril this season. Gryz and Moore are both good on the right side too so it doesn’t matter what hand he shoots.

I do not watch him but I know that our #12 defenseman is not a regular on 15-20 teams. That is delusional.
So to answer your question from earlier they went for Lauzon because of money. When a team is in a cap crunch like the bruins they try to save every penny possible. As for Kampfer, he is the perfect 7th d man. You don’t want a young kid who could still be developing down in the ahl sitting upstairs instead. I won’t say he would be playing for 15-20 teams but he would certainly be on about 10 right now.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
In a perfect world, we would pick up Kreider with 5-year extension and Saad with 50% salary retained. Move out Moore, Heinen, Blidh, Kuhlman, Nordstrom and whatever picks/prospects we have essentially given up on.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Kase - Krecji - Kreider
DeBrusk - Coyle - Saad
Wagner - Kuraly - Bjork
Lindholm

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Lauzon - Grzelcyk
Clifton

Feeling Jumbo and Saad today.
Sweeney please surprise me positively.

Status