Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Found this. Not sure how reliable

Sounds realistic. For sure, that Larkin limit is clear. Secondary forward guys like DeBrincat are not going over it. For sure. Period.

Larkin produced 0.98 points at last season and DeBrincat has priduced 0.88 for last 2 seasons.

The caphit will be pushed down, and one thing to caphit down, is to cut term to 6-7 years. Maybe shorter, 4-5 years.

That very Yzerman thing. That's what he does.

Reactions: KJoe88

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
What is so wrong with you guys getting better players?

Karlsson has 4 years left, is old yeah, but I see him as perfect timeline to wait for ASP. We are missing one righty now, and I don't want to sign Dumba or any scenario. Let's go after ultimate best offensive D.

During those 4 years, other guys at defence will develop and start carrying the torch after Erik leaves. After 4 years, Seider is 26, Edvinsson is 24, that damn Walman is 31, Wallinder is 24, ASP is 22.

Legit defences are usually 26-32 year olds on average. So our future is very far away without these veterans at first.

Etc. We have cap space to make that work, we haven¨t been against the cap for a while, and success kind of needs that you pay for the healthy prime guys and won't leave any damn space there.

I'm like 100% sure that we go to the playoffs when Yzerman just decides to use the full cap.

There's no overpayments at all and with that kind structure united with Lalonde-level coaching is a surefire success.

It's time to start winning. Like we did on the glory days.

A perfect timeline?

Karlsson is 33 years old with 4 years left at $11.5 million. He is defensively terrible, injury prone, and unlikely to repeat his offensive production from this season.

I'd rather Yzerman pile up that cap space and set it on fire if it were possible rather than give up assets to take on Karlsson's contract.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
He'd be the team's biggest acquisition in 14 years... can't blame people for being excited.

I know you meant it a different way but honestly it does feel like it's gonna take another 14 years for anything to happen with him at this point :laugh:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The part I don't understand is dying on the hill of term. How can he hand out five years to Compher, asking him to play a grinding style until he's 33, but has an issue with giving a scorer eight years to play until he's 33.

It's not like all of Debrincat's game is based on speed, and he's gonna fall off a cliff at 30.

What's the big deal? Did Brett Hull or Ovechkin become scrubs after 30? The kid is a shooter and will be just fine for a long term deal.

If you don't like the trade, ok. If you're miles apart on AAV, ok. But paying a first line scorer for 5 years versus 6/7/8? C'mon.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
The part I don't understand is dying on the hill of term. How can he hand out five years to Compher, asking him to play a grinding style until he's 33, but has an issue with giving a scorer eight years to play until he's 33.

It's not like all of Debrincat's game is based on speed, and he's gonna fall off a cliff at 30.

What's the big deal? Did Brett Hull or Ovechkin become scrubs after 30? The kid is a shooter and will be just fine for a long term deal.

If you don't like the trade, ok. If you're miles apart on AAV, ok. But paying a first line scorer for 5 years versus 6/7/8? C'mon.

yeah balking at term for a 25 year old is just weird to me if you also like him enough to trade for him

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010

Problem is we don't know the deal... It could be term and money... Not just term... Maybe Yzerman is okay with near Larkin money for 6 years but if he wants more term needs to be near 7.5 mil

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

I doubt term is the big sticking point.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
Dylan Strome just changed his Instagram photo to him and Debrincat…

I think we have hit the point where his friends are having fun with him. Washington has no cap space and even then, he’s a second liner there with limited PP time because Ovie isn’t ever leaving the ice. If both parties think that’s a great idea m, more power to both.

Chad Smiley

Oct 9, 2020
So Debrincat tells Ottawa he isn't signing an extension with them and he'd like to go home to Detroit. They work a deal out and then Debrincat and his agent hold the Red Wings hostage for 8 to 9 years at 8.5 to 9 million. Just lovely.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
So Debrincat tells Ottawa he isn't signing an extension with them and he'd like to go home to Detroit. They work a deal out and then Debrincat and his agent hold the Red Wings hostage for 8 to 9 years at 8.5 to 9 million. Just lovely.
How are they holding the Red Wings hostage? They have no leverage.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad