Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
DeBrincat is closer to Larkin than Larkin is to Stützle, in fact DeBrincat is outproducing Larkin point wise. DeBrincat will join this team and immediately battle Larkin for most skilled offensive player. Anything less than 8M is a bargain.

Larkin is better. Offence is close, but Larkin is much better 2 way guy. ADC is better at goal scoring and that is it.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I've found guys who need to cool it a bit and quit insulting each other as if it makes their points. You either believe Debrincat's impact will be worth the money or you don't and I'm not sure anyone can make an argument to soundly convince someone in the other camp to change their mind.

But all of us should be able to concede that these are just opinions and we could just as easily be wrong as right. Except for that @Bench guy, he's just stubborn.
A sad consequence of this situation taking so damn long to unfold, but I agree.

lets-go-come-on.gif

Reactions: SoupNazi

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think he has that capability, yes. It's all a matter of trust. Hudler wasn't trusted here and peaked as a 20+30 middle 6 guy with the Wings. In Calgary he was top 10 in league scoring with a handful of Hart votes. Berggren reminds me a lot of Hudler, but with NHL level skating.

Hudler didn't get legit votes. If you play well on a Canadian team you will get votes for various awards. Just like Matthews or McDavid getting Selke votes or Reimer getting a Vezina vote while in Toronto.

Hurler had one season I believe of decent production that was better than here.

Bergeron is never scoring 30 goals he isn't even a shoot first player. He is more a playmaker and I think maybe a season of 50 pts will be where he tops out or in other words a secondary scorer.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Hudler didn't get legit votes. If you play well on a Canadian team you will get votes for various awards. Just like Matthews or McDavid getting Selke votes or Reimer getting a Vezina vote while in Toronto.

Bergeron is never scoring 30 goals he isn't even a shoot first player. He is more a playmaker and I think maybe a season of 50 pts will be where he tops out or in other words a secondary scorer.
1688944642531.png

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Neither was Hudler and he scored 30 in a much much lower scoring league... And so did Hudler until someone took the reins off a bit.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I was going to respond to this in earnest but let's just say if he's part of the trade I agree with you, if he's not and he's staying I'm pretty sure his potential is higher.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He had one outlier season and he was out of the league 2 seasons later.

What are we even talking about at this point?
Not being all shocked pikachu face when you give small offensive players ice time they can actually produce.

The tragic comedy is we could very well be walking into is ADB being asked to "manage his game" and wonder of wonders we end up with a 50-60pt middle six winger at top line prices.

Reactions: Henkka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad