Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Think this will need a thread on it's own.

Quite a big scenario developing.

Rumoured handshake deal ready:

- Alex DeBrincat to Detroit
<>
- Filip Zadina to Ottawa
- 2023 NYI 1st round pick (17th overll) to Ottawa (with conditional)
- 2023 2nd rounder to Ottawa (one of the 41st, 42nd, 43rd overalls)

Conditional:
- 2nd rounder becomes BOS 2024 1st pick if certain conditions are met.

1687818564507.png

Last edited:

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
Detroit Sports Nation is not a reputable source.

And it makes no sense why Yzerman would freeze his plans to wait and see if Ottawa might get their guy at 17. That would be absolutely moronic by Steve.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

And it makes no sense why Yzerman would freeze his plans to wait and see if Ottawa might get their guy at 17. That would be absolutely moronic by Steve.
This. Don’t doubt that there’s a good chance this debrincat deal happens but not like this

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

The conditions seems to be that if Ottawa will get the certain player, Yzerman won't have to do that "extra-pay" with Bost 1st. Then it will be the 17th overall + Zadina + 2nd.

I don't think it will be voided, at any case. It's already done deal, with these conditions.

It has to be completed after 17th overall on draft day, and before the 2nd rounders on next day.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
The conditions seems to be that if Ottawa will get the certain player, Yzerman won't have to do that "extra-pay" with Bost 1st. Then it will be the 17th overall + Zadina + 2nd.

I don't think it will be voided, at any case. It's already done deal, with these conditions.

It has to be completed after 17th overall on draft day, and before the 2nd rounders on next day.
Yeah that isn't what it says at in regards to it being voided lmao. It literally just says that it will change the compensation of the second to bos 1st next year...

yikes guys.

I like that there are actual rumors developing but this one is a little out there.
Well I wasn't too far off with zadina + 2nd rounder + late 2023 pick (round 5-7)

I was actually damn near dead on...so close

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Yeah that isn't what it says at in regards to it being voided lmao. It literally just says that it will change the compensation of the second to bos 1st next year...

yikes guys.

Well I wasn't too far off with zadina + 2nd rounder + late 2023 pick (round 5-7)

I was actually damn near dead on...so close
Isn’t 17 in the deal? That’s not dead on that’s a big difference in value

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI

Stop refencing that site, they are a farce

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
If true, that's a great deal for us.

We'd have (pulls number out of butt) maybe a 19% chance of #17 becoming a Debrincat-level guy, even in this draft, and it would take a few years. We'd have maybe a 3% chance of getting such a guy with one of the second-rounders.

This makes it much less likely that we pick Benson at 9 too, and to me, that's a plus, I think there are better options.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Isn’t 17 in the deal? That’s not dead on that’s a big difference in value
ehhhhh i said almost dead on and I did in multiple instances say 2024 1st plus the others. I didn't think yzerman would give up that 17...not sure why he would do that. But someone else above did say that this publication isn't exactly good at this stuff i guess.

So we shall see.

If true, that's a great deal for us.

We'd have (pulls number out of butt) maybe a 19% chance of #17 becoming a Debrincat-level guy, even in this draft, and it would take a few years. We'd have maybe a 3% chance of getting such a guy with one of the second-rounders.

This makes it much less likely that we pick Benson at 9 too, and to me, that's a plus, I think there are better options.
Why do you say this?

I like Benson, but I am just not sure how the two correlate...

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Don't like attaching an extra pick on top of 17 and Zadina. Don't like it at all.

MFer better be potting 35+ every season. What he did this last season in Ottawa isn't enough for that price.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
ehhhhh i said almost dead on and I did in multiple instances say 2024 1st plus the others. I didn't think yzerman would give up that 17...not sure why he would do that. But someone else above did say that this publication isn't exactly good at this stuff i guess.

So we shall see.

Why do you say this?

I like Benson, but I am just not sure how the two correlate...
We already have Raymond, small goal-scoring wing. Debrincat is also a small goal-scoring wing -- very small, but he doesn't play that small, he's one of those wriggly somewhat powerful shorter guys, like Savoie (who I really wanted last year.)

We don't need a third undersized scoring wing -- we'd end up with 3 of the 4 in our top six at under 5'11". Someone has to go into the corners and get the puck.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

These kinds of conditions are quite common in NFL trades on draft day. Simply because there's just way more draft pick trades in the NFL. They often have backup trade back scenarios already agreed upon if their top choice is off the board.

So I dunno why it's so "moronic" to have multiple options you like on the table.

Having a tentative draft deal doesn't stop you from making a better deal if it comes along. Might rub the team getting cut out wrong, but they have agency too.

But that said I have my doubts about the sources here. I just think in principle it's not a silly way to negotiate your draft picks.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
We already have Raymond, small goal-scoring wing. Debrincat is also a small goal-scoring wing -- very small, but he doesn't play that small, he's one of those wriggly somewhat powerful shorter guys, like Savoie (who I really wanted last year.)

We don't need a third undersized scoring wing -- we'd end up with 3 of the 4 in our top six at under 5'11". Someone has to go into the corners and get the puck.

Raymond isn’t really that big of a goal scorer. More of a set up guy.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I don't think Debrincat is worth more than $8 million but he will probably command it because production is the top factor for a player's salary but he doesn't bring anything more than the production and factoring what we would have to give up to acquire him, it just isn't worth it.
If we were ready to compete for a playoff spot the Taylor Hall trade would be a much better option even though he probably isn't much bvetter without the puck (although his the size and speed makes him more effective in that regard) because we wouldn't have to give up much to get him

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

In 2021, a huge portion of Tampa Bay's forward core was under 6'. I don't think SY places a premium on size at forward.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Hmm... Won't mind it if it's Zadina, 17, and the 2nd round pick.

Will really like it if he's paid under 8 million.

Be interesting to see if this is true.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

We could have:

6'7 - 6'1 - 5'9 (Söderblom - Larkin - DeBrincat)
6'6 - 6'1 - 5'11 (Rasmussen - Copp - Raymond
5'11 - 6'1 - 6'1 (Fabbri - Veleno - Perron)
6'2 - 6'1 - 5'11 (Kubalik - Kasper - Berggren)

...or some other combinations.

So eight guys at 6'1 or more and only 4 small wingers, one per line.

Tampa Bay had 5 guys under 6'0 on their Cup winning teams, and several players at 6'0.

Johnson 5'8
Gourde 5'9
Coleman 5'11
Kucherov 5'11
Point 5'11

Stamkos, Palat, Cirelli, Colton as 6'0.

Red Wings core is much bigger than that.

Last edited:

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
In 2021, a huge portion of Tampa Bay's forward core was under 6'. I don't think SY places a premium on size at forward.
Braden Point is a center, not a wing -- we were talking about wings. And we were talking about top-6 wings, like Debrincat, and Raymond, and (if we draft a wing at 9) whoever we draft 9th overall.

Huge portion? Point, and a couple of bottom-6 guys. Unless I'm missing someone -- which I might be, because they're so wee tiny.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
We could have:

6'7 - 6'1 - 5'9 (Söderblom - Larkin - DeBrincat)
6'6 - 6'1 - 5'11 (Rasmussen - Copp - Raymond
5'11 - 6'1 - 6'1 (Fabbri - Veleno - Perron)
6'2 - 6'1 - 5'11 (Kubalik - Kasper - Berggren)

...or some other combinations.

So eight guys at 6'1 or more and only 4 small wingers, one per line.
Fabbri plays a lot bigger than 5'11''...honestly...

and debrincat is 5'7'' but I see where you are going with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad