Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
I really think Yzerman has leverage in this negotiation, but at some point he needs to strike a deal - not too many DeBrincat type scorers wanting to come to Detroit right now.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
So what are we guessing is going to Ottawa in this deal? Don't we have to add a winger or some wingers, to clear some space for D Cat?

I doubt they would take on Fabs unless we added a higher pick so is it Kubs and/or Berggren?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
So what are we guessing is going to Ottawa in this deal? Don't we have to add a winger or some wingers, to clear some space for D Cat?

I doubt they would take on Fabs unless we added a higher pick so is it Kubs and/or Berggren?
Nah, Red Wings have the space already.

I have no idea of a deal structure. Mostly just fan speculation.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Best guess is Berggren and Boston's 1st

Best case is Fabbri, Biuim and a 2nd

Worst case is Mazar/Soderblom, Kubalik and a 1st

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

I have no idea why Fabbri is being mentioned. If I were Ottawa I would have zero interest. They need cap space to sign their guys and Tarasenko, so they would just want cheap young talent and prospects/picks. I'd think either of the following would be in the ballpark:

1) The Boston 2024 first, plus one of Berggren/Kubalik/Veleno, plus one of Soderblom/Lombardi/Buchelnikov.

2) A 2024 second, plus one of Berggren/Kubalik/Veleno, plus one of Soderblom/Lombardi/Buchelnikov, plus another prospect (Johansson/Buium maybe).

Now obviously Detroit would much sooner part with Veleno than Berggren. As the quality of the roster player goes up or down, the quality of the picks/prospects compensates.

Really, the only asset in all of the above that I'd prefer to keep is Berggren. But that means that he's the first thing Ottawa will ask for, so if the trade ever goes through, we'll see what they settle on.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I have no idea why Fabbri is being mentioned. If I were Ottawa I would have zero interest. They need cap space to sign their guys and Tarasenko, so they would just want cheap young talent and prospects/picks. I'd think either of the following would be in the ballpark:

1) The Boston 2024 first, plus one of Berggren/Kubalik/Veleno, plus one of Soderblom/Lombardi/Buchelnikov.

2) A 2024 second, plus one of Berggren/Kubalik/Veleno, plus one of Soderblom/Lombardi/Buchelnikov, plus another prospect (Johansson/Buium maybe).

Now obviously Detroit would much sooner part with Veleno than Berggren. As the quality of the roster player goes up or down, the quality of the picks/prospects compensates.

Really, the only asset in all of the above that I'd prefer to keep is Berggren. But that means that he's the first thing Ottawa will ask for, so if the trade ever goes through, we'll see what they settle on.
Lombardi? Hell no.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida

It won't be Berggren. I know this because everyone is saying it's going to be Berggren.

Reactions: Ricelund

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Lombardi? Hell no.
I'm not saying I'm shoving him out the door. But both sides have to WANT to make the deal, so Detroit will need to part with something of some value.

You happen to value Lombardi more than I do. I'm not optimistic about the transition from tearing it up on The Flint Firebirds to facing actual competition in the NHL. But it's fine to agree to disagree, since the point is not the individual player, but the concept of offering SOMETHING the other team actually wants, in exchange for a player that has already proven to score 30-40 goals a year in the NHL.

It doesn't have to be Lombardi. But you have to give to get.

Reactions: Ricelund

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
The more I’ve thought about it lately the more I’m not on board with trading for him. I’d like a little more size if we’re gonna trade assets and draft picks to go along with 8 million salary. Not to say ADB isn’t a great player but not sure he’s what we need

Reactions: Holden Caufield

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
The more I’ve thought about it lately the more I’m not on board with trading for him. I’d like a little more size if we’re gonna trade assets and draft picks to go along with 8 million salary. Not to say ADB isn’t a great player but not sure he’s what we need
This team is starved for a goal scorer. I don’t see how anyone can say he’s not what we need. This is the perfect storm of a player who fits a direct need, from Michigan, young, and wants to play here. As well in a cap strapped world where there is limited suitors. It’s crazy not pulling this off

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
This team is starved for a goal scorer. I don’t see how anyone can say he’s not what we need. This is the perfect storm of a player who fits a direct need, from Michigan, young, and wants to play here. As well in a cap strapped world where there is limited suitors. It’s crazy not pulling this off
I completely agree. It's not like he's 5'7" and the mentality of Marner. The guy mixes it up a little bit for his size, he tried to take it to Seider :laugh:

I watched the Hawks a bit locally when they were fun to watch and he's a good player. You can have a guy on your team that isn't big and still have a physical team.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
He wasn't the same player on Philly... is what I meant. He got a lot better for the flyers.

He seemed better because he was on a shittier team. You put Philly Primeau back on the Wings and he'd still be the frustratingly inferior player sitting behind Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, and (now) Shanahan that he was originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad