Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Lol I was joking about it earlier in the thread, but there’s no way we sign both ADB and then get Kane lol

It would be hilarious and we’d for sure cup contenders imo

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend

I think there are enough nonsensical details that I question the article altogether, but I agree with the overall premise that Detroit could put together a better offer than New York, assuming that Ottawa is set on signing Tarasenko and thus needs picks/prospects/ELC players rather than anybody established with a higher salary.

Ottawa could use a left side dman is the worst take out of a plethora in that article. Tough read.

Reactions: SoupNazi

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
A lot of salient points in that article. It makes more sense than the other opinionated media reports and checks off a lot of boxes.

Reactions: wings95

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I don't buy that Foster knows contract specifics.

DeBrincat's also back on Ottawa's roster on their site.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
He doesn't have to know the exact contract specifics to know that the DBC camp likely wants 8 years at 8.5M to 9M, like Timo Meier. If his agent didn't ask for that, he shouldn't be an agent.

Or, that Yzerman would be much more comfortable at 5 years. Or, that Yzerman is a tough contract negotiator.

They get it done at 6-7 years at 8.5M, just under the Dylan Larkin salary cap hit ... soon to be surpassed by the Moritz Seider cap hit.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Can he ask to become a UFA like Zadina did or sign a one year deal and just sign with Detroit next summer? I would wait a season to get him for free next year and give up zero assets.

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
ok so idk if this is the topic to ask this. What IF

this whole thing is dragging because SY is trying to get ADB and then sign Kane and have an all American line?

34 year old Kane coming off hip surgery and potentially missing up to the first half of the season? No thanks.

Reactions: rangersblues

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Can he ask to become a UFA like Zadina did or sign a one year deal and just sign with Detroit next summer? I would wait a season to get him for free next year and give up zero assets.

Career wise why would he do that? Man the mental gymnastics you guys are doing to make this nothing burger into a meal.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Lol I was joking about it earlier in the thread, but there’s no way we sign both ADB and then get Kane lol

It would be hilarious and we’d for sure cup contenders imo
I mean, what is Dylan Larkin if not Toews with hands:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad