Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
he's not getting enough minutes, just over 12 per game so that's why I think it's a good thing as I got to think he's being dicked around because they want him to re-sign and he wants to come to the NHL when his contract with CSKA is up in April. So while I don't like to rush players, but by next season he'll have 2 full seasons in the KHL under his belt, he's already got NHL skating, mobility, speed and strength. His defensive game is top notch while also having a very solid physical game. Him and Fleury as a pair would just wreck ****, not that I would put them together as we'll see where Fleury's game is at come next season.

So for me I think he's going to be in the NHL next year, maybe if he struggles a bit they send him to Laval to get some work, adjust to the smaller ice. I wouldn't be against him going to Laval as I would like to see him work on his offensive game but I think he will be in the NHL.
His game should translate well on the smaller ice surface because of his physical nature. I will want to see how he handles the puck in tight quarters, that is paramount in today's game.
I like the fact while he's not getting a ton of minutes playing in arguably the second best league in the world he gets 20 plus minutes a game when he drops down to the junior tournaments. And as I posted earlier he's played in a ton of games this year already 30 plus.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Romanov is a young, charismatic, highly skilled, educated, and well paid defenseman in his own country.
MB better have a trunk full of money when they meet...
I’d be surprised if Romanov doesn’t resign with the KHL.. especially after a meeting with MB
If that's the case your not paying attention. He plays around 12 minutes a night while they put the screws to him trying to resign him.
He's coming here next year I can almost guarantee it.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I play and am a huge baseball fan, I know how their minor system work but I don't see the connexion to hockey. The 2 leagues are a completely different product and one (AHL) ressemble more of the NHL. Not sure if a team would rather have their top prospect play in the SHL instead of the AHL when they are 21. For a 19 years old kid, I it would be better to play him in Europe and ease him to the pro North American style of play when he's 20-21.

Agree with the other poster, AHL is definitely a lower tier.

How is this even a debate.

Jul 6, 2016
Romanov is a young, charismatic, highly skilled, educated, and well paid defenseman in his own country.
I’d be surprised if Romanov doesn’t resign with the KHL.. especially after a meeting with MB

If the guy prefers to play in a league less challenging than the NHL, so be it.... But I am pretty sure (I read it somewhere) that he is aiming to play at NHL level a.s.a.p.

Reactions: jaffy27

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Agree with the other poster, AHL is definitely a lower tier.

How is this even a debate.

I explained why I thought so already. If you don't get why we debated this why bring it up again?

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Bargain bin is going in hoping he is the new saviour and next coming of Jesus Price.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
If that's the case your not paying attention. He plays around 12 minutes a night while they put the screws to him trying to resign him.
... The re-signing vs. playing minutes thing is not something that seems too logical to me (i understand some of the pros and cons but in the end a player wants to play at the highest possible lvl and $, period), there was some journalist this summer when he was in town "visiting" (gazette or jdmtl) asking him when he was going to play for the habs and he said "next year" maybe someone has a link, i might be in the wrong, not sure what it was... There's not much to worry about he's an nhl player today, just how good? I like the way he's so active/dynamic/energetic, looking for threats but in a smart, controlled way... I like the type of player he is personally

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
If the guy prefers to play in a league less challenging than the NHL, so be it.... But I am pretty sure (I read it somewhere) that he is aiming to play at NHL level a.s.a.p.
Which team will he be playing on in the NHL?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Sounds like any of our current prospects... save the sighing part.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
It'll be funny during the meeting if he said between the lines in russian this punchline. Loyalty? Go buy yourself a dog... All kidding aside, Romanov gonna wait before doing his final decisions in regards to that. It's not about being non commital, unpredictable or a mercenary. He has pressure by both parts. So wait and see.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He will come over, but I hope it doesn't mean he gets a guaranteed spot no matter what. He has to show what he's made of in camp.

Reactions: Vachon23

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
He will come over next year I think. He isnt going to say it now because well that is stupid. Why risk getting in the bad books with his current club. He already is getting low icetime.

Reactions: jaffy27 and 26Mats

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We must be truly desperate to come to Romanov for help.
He’s a player they drafted, of course they gonna go touch base with him, imagine Habs don’t keep in contact with him and the 2nd rounder that just won the WJC best defenceman decides to re sign with a KHL club because of lack of interest from our club.

As for help, he is not eligible for immediate help, he’s under contract.

Habs are doing there due diligence with a high profile prospect....what else are they suppose to do?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

:facepalm:........He’s so well educated that he’ll come to the greatest hockey league in the world despite your sensitivity towards Bergevin

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He's coming. Don't forget that he wants to play this season and wants to keep good ties with his bosses AND his father is tied with the Russian Hockey Federation in some manner. Not the time to piss off anybody.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
He's coming. Don't forget that he wants to play this season and wants to keep good ties with his bosses AND his father is tied with the Russian Hockey Federation in some manner. Not the time to piss off anybody.

Romanov isn't pissing anyone off. CSKA knows he’s as good as gone. Doesnt mean they wont make some attempt to sign him; they still must do their job as an organization.
Romanov’s teammate Kaprizov is in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad