Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Perunovich and Mitchell are not European and are blocked from playing.

So why are they being blocked from playing when in other years they would not be? Covid-19 delayed the end date to this season so the rules need to be adjusted. I expect them to be allowed to play. Free agent signings there were not property is another story

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Treb in post 1001? All I know is a few teams have players like Romanov and they have not been cleared to play this year yet for some reason

So Treb is your source on NHL rules?

And what do you mean "for some reason?"

They signed Romanov to a contract with no start date. It was clearly stated in every single report about the contract being signed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So Treb is your source on NHL rules?

And what do you mean "for some reason?"

They signed Romanov to a contract with no start date. It was clearly stated in every single report about the contract being signed.

Your quote: "Who said they were blocked from playing?" I answered your question. Bill Daily started this I believe.... He said it's not likely they will get to play this season. Why? You tell me. And yes, I'm aware of the contract with no start date.

The conversation you jumped in on was... Why are they being blocked to play? What are the reasons?

habstradamus

Jul 1, 2018
Brussels, Belgium
I am no expert in the matter but from what I understand: if a player is under contract with another team at the trade deadline he cannot participate in the playoffs in The NHL. What is exceptional now is that Romanov is currently without a contract because the KHL has cancelled their season and the playoffs have not yet started.

In the case of Makar he was not under contract with a team at the trade deadline therefore he could play in the playoffs.

It does not help either that NHL does not have a transfer agreement with the KHL.

Who knows how this will end.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I am no expert in the matter but from what I understand: if a player is under contract with another team at the trade deadline he cannot participate in the playoffs in The NHL. What is exceptional now is that Romanov is currently without a contract because the KHL has cancelled their season and the playoffs have not yet started.

In the case of Makar he was not under contract with a team at the trade deadline therefore he could play in the playoffs.

It does not help either that NHL does not have a transfer agreement with the KHL.

Who knows how this will end.

All prospects are affected, not only the KHL guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad