Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hopefully this kid will play for the Habs the following season...........providing MB doesn't trade him for a softie like Druoin...

and with no other Russians on the team they don't have to worry about him trying to speak Russian in the locker room, unless he likes to talk to himself.

Reactions: BLONG7

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Yet if it was French, that’s ok I guess? I think the issue was raised by Sherbak. Players could speak French but not Russian. Which is ridiculous. It should be English, regardless of whether you’re in Quebec or not.

Not sure why this would be an issue. When they are at the rink they at work. My sales team, there are 4 or 5 languages represented, if two guys insisted on speaking Farsi or Punjabi at work I’d ask them to speak English around the team. They can speak whatever they want outside of work.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
What exactly is the olympic team? Russias best players not in the NHL?

Hardly. The name doesn't suggest as such, but this ‘olympic team’ is generally a mix of 2nd tier players and young guys with potential. This most recent edition is comprised of quite a few WJC eligible players with little or no KHL experience. They’ll be playing a preseason tourney against some KHL clubs.
Not sure what the big deal is.

Last edited:

Locks

May 28, 2005
What exactly is the olympic team? Russias best players not in the NHL?

In the article on a Russian sports site that talked about this announcement, they described the Olympic team as the immediate reserve for the National team. Considering that it includes top junior players like Romanov, Denisenko and Pod, I guess they view this tourney as part of the development process to prepare the young players to play for the national team at some point in the future.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Russia B won 4-3 against Avangard Omsk in the Sochi Hockey Open today.

I'm not sure if Romanov did get a point. Because when I look at Ice Hockey 24 and Flashscore, he didn't get any points. However, when I looked at this site (Авангард – Россия (олимп.) 3 : 4 0:2, 3:1, 0:1, 4 августа 2019 - онлайн трансляция матча, прямая трансляция - Хоккей. Sochi Hockey Open 2019), they have him listed as having an assist on Russia's second goal. He also had 2 PIM.

Note: Scherbak scored Avangard's first goal.

Edit: It looks like Romanov did indeed get an assist as Russia's official website listed him as having a secondary assist: Sochi Hockey Open. «Авангард» - Россия (олимп.) – 3:4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad