Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
and at only 19 years old playing vs man... really impressive

A lot of impressive things about each player at the top of our prospect crop: KK, Poehling, Caufield, Suzuki, Romanov, Brook. Plus Domi is only 24. Mete and Juulsen look to be solid. Hopefully Struble and Harris get to the next level. This looks like the making of a good core + a very good depth group.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForrestHabsGump

dralaf

Aug 9, 2006
Victo
Subanov is arguably our best prospect at D… maybe even best overall at the moment !
as Richard Sévigny would say, Romanov has put guys like Dobson and Brook in his little back pocket during the 2019 WJC and he's already playing in a pro league with NHL level pro athletes… Love that pick!

Reactions: Redux91

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
A lot of impressive things about each player at the top of our prospect crop: KK, Poehling, Caufield, Suzuki, Romanov. Plus Domi is only 23. Mete and Juulsen look to be solid. Hopefully Struble and Harris get to the next level. This looks like the making of a good core + a very good depth group.

I don't disagree but you can't possibly have Domi and not Drouin, they're literally from the same draft class.

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't disagree but you can't possibly have Domi and not Drouin, they're literally from the same draft class.

I usually add Drouin in. He has the potential. It's just that the chance of him reaching it isn't looking good after the last 2 seasons. I haven't given up on him. But, at some point he's going to have to show the hockey sense to be able to be effective. A lot of dancing around that amounts to nothing. Kovalev was the same early in his career. There is hope.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Subanov is arguably our best prospect at D… maybe even best overall at the moment !
as Richard Sévigny would say, Romanov has put guys like Dobson and Brook in his little back pocket during the 2019 WJC and he's already playing in a pro league with NHL level pro athletes… Love that pick!
Dont put too much weight on a 14 days tournament plz.

Reactions: Vachon23

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

I didn't take a stance on that subject but you can't say Domi has room to grow and is still young while not including Drouin who was drafted 7 spots earlier in the same draft. I'm no fan of disappearing offensive assets that can't play a two-way game to save their life but fair is fair.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
How about an entire year in the KHL and being named the top D at the WJHC or being considered by Russia and scouts to be one of the best D prospects or the fact he’s thriving playing against men?

Reactions: dralaf

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I mean sure, hes a great prospect, I have him in my top 40.

But Brook and Dobson have proven more so far

It’s hard to say that. Neither has played in a league with men. When they all played in the same tournament, Romanov was by far the better D. Based on their current accomplishments, I’d say Romanov has accomplished more as he’s the only one currently playing in a men’s league and doing very well. He’s also the one I’d say is currently NHL ready based on his KHL experience so I don’t see how Brook and Dobson can be seen as having “proven more so far.”

Last edited:
Reactions: dralaf

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I mean sure, hes a great prospect, I have him in my top 40.

But Brook and Dobson have proven more so far

What exactly did they do to be more proven than Romanov? Romanov is actually the one that is playing against men in the 2nd best league in the world, he is also the one that won best defenseman award of the last WJC... So to me, we can argue as much as we want who is better than who but thats pretty much pointless until those kids play on the same stage... I think our top 7 is extremmely hard to rank at this point, all are great prospects with different strengths and flaws, time will tell how they rank in the long run... Personally, I wouldnt be surprised if Ylonen ends up as the most complete and valuable foward of the bunch while Romanov could pretty well ends up as our best defenseman going foward, its up in the air right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad