Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Maybe it was Romanov who wanted to come to Montreal
Maybe. Worst places to be on June 24th on earth. I bet he'll go grab a few roteux and go listen to Éric Lapointe at L'île Ste-Hélène tonight for the St-Jean-Baptiste.

"Poussé par le vent, rien dans les poches, j'me promène..."

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Maybe. Worst places to be on June 24th on earth......it's maybe July 1st if you prefer...

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Maybe we want to give him a full evaluation, whatever that means, before making some kind of an arrangement. Can his Russian team/KHL “ loan” him to us while he is under contract?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
From what I gather, only the player himself and not the nhl team who owns his right can buy himself out of a KHL contract. What if Montreal would give him help (legal and financial) on how to proceed with that?

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
From what I gather, only the player itself and not the nhl team who owns his right can buy himself out of a KHL contract. What if Montreal would give him help (legal and financial) on how to proceed with that?
If he can not participate in development camp? There is absolutely no reason for him being here. Especially with his KHL team getting ready for next season. Just my.02

Reactions: Acadien86

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
From what I gather, only the player himself and not the nhl team who owns his right can buy himself out of a KHL contract. What if Montreal would give him help (legal and financial) on how to proceed with that?

If they could give them "financial" help why not just sign players to league minimum and then give them financial "help" to make the rest up?

Reactions: Aspirine

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
If he can not participate in development camp? There is absolutely no reason for him being here. Especially with his KHL team getting ready for next season. Just my.02

Exactly. There's got to be a purpose, unless he really just wanted to come over for a visit, which I kinda doubt.

Reactions: cphabs

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
If they could give them "financial" help why not just sign players to league minimum and then give them financial "help" to make the rest up?

Needs to be bought out in the KHL before signing here.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
It is a curious situation! I like the possibilities though. Not sure on the legality.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

IMG_20190719_103021.jpg

Reactions: jaffy27 and Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
thanks for the vid, never saw that before.

The KHL preseason should be getting started soon, looking forward to see how Romanov builds off last year, if CSKA can repeat at KHL champs, they added form Hab Jiri Sekac who had a good season in the KHL last year and still have their top guns so they should be a top team again.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
haven't seen when CSKA has their first preseason game, I know they open the season on Sept 1st vs the former Habs - Ghetto, Emelin, Scherbak. I know Omsk has a preseason game this weekend so I plan on checking it out unless it's at 6 am or around then.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
he looks taller

yeah i thought that too when I saw the pics of him when he came to MTL a month ago or so. Can't hurt.

I really hope he can show more creativity and puck skills so I can believe in his offensive upside more. I still think he can be really solid even if that doesn't happen.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
The look of a young titan, serious and somber as a grave. Would be cool if Bergevin found a foregoing way. His sound play at the WJC makes it sound like he would actually help the transition game in a defensive way. A wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad