Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

lol he's bigger and faster?

My god he takes off like a rocket in that vid. I was under the impression that his straight ahead speed was good but not exactly fantastic. There he was just flying.

I remember that first pic I saw of him in front of the Bell Center I swore he looked taller. Obviously can't hurt if he can crack 6 feet.

What I'm really looking for is if he can show more creativity in the O zone and show more offensive upside. I think he can still put up points even if he isn't a puck wizard through his great skating and smart pinches but it would be great to see him show some more skill with the puck. It could give him true #1 potential imo.

Reactions: angusyoung

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Well we have a crazy top 6 prospect pool guys, Romanov was already a great prospect, but if he is that type of kid with phenomenal developmental curve, we might have something really special in our hands... I have the same feeling about Ylonen after watching him at the last WJC, that kid might end up as a very strong top 6 winger, he has all the tools required...

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's going to be another fan favourite. He plays the game with such energy. Most players in that situation clear the puck off the draw on the PK.

Romanov is like "to hell with that", and just skates it out instead, then tries to make an offensive play.

You can argue whether that's the smartest play, but it certainly the most exciting play he could have done.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's going to be another fan favourite. He plays the game with such energy. Most players in that situation clear the puck off the draw on the PK.

Romanov is like "to hell with that", and just skates it out instead, then tries to make an offensive play.

You can argue whether that's the smartest play, but it certainly the most exciting play he could have done.
Its clearly the smartest play when you get a shot on goal on the PP.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Does he how much we expect from him? So far I've heard that he's better than Emelin but we need a Vladimir Konstantinov.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Catching the game between Russia and Lokomotiv right now. It started not long ago. Lokomotiv got on the board first. But about a minute later, Russia ties it. Romanov with an assist on the Russia goal.

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How was the asssist? Routine play or impressive?

It was routine pass along the blue line from Romanov to Yudin, who wristed it through some traffic and into the net.

But more than that, Romanov had a very good first period. You rarely, if ever, see him make a mistake.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's 2-1 for Russia after two periods. Still the one assist for Romanov. Russia's second goal was a penalty shot.

The kid is definitely looking good today. He joins the rush and even noticed him trying to sneak behind the defense to the second post a la Markov. No passes were able to get across to him, but it's good to see him notice the opening and go for it.

He's being used on the PK and the PP. He even had the puck on one PP and saw an open path and took the space, getting past one Lokomotiv player and taking a shot. It was far from being a threatening shot. But I like seeing him have the confidence to do that.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad