Alex Galchenyuk Thread 9.0 - #Goldchenyuk Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
Galchenyuk will wear No. 27 in #Habs season opener. Says he has no interest in asking for No. 94, saying he's not "going to be that guy"

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
Yeah, pretty sure. I remember Patrick Kane got a huge one too that year, putting the Hawks in cap hell the following season. Might be because he finished 10th in league scoring.

Looks like Gally is staying in the Gionta househould.

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl
#Habs @Giostyle21 jokes that @AGally94 might not take well to living with crying kids and early mornings in the Gionta household.

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
According to Brendan Gallagher, or Gally, some of the #Habs have started calling Alex Galchenyuk "Chuckie"

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin
Alex Galchenyuk: "I'm extremely happy. There's been no better feeling so far in my life."

Sorry, English is not my first language, What does it mean "Chuckie"? And thanks in advance for answer

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I get he wont ask for it... But why don't the Habs go out of their way to offer him 94 if they know that's what he wants?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Sorry, English is not my first language, What does it mean "Chuckie"?

chuckie2.jpg

or just someone who 'chucks things aka throws them

But yeah, I thought the word play on the name thing was obvious, im just giving u the other meanings.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Yeah, pretty sure. I remember Patrick Kane got a huge one too that year, putting the Hawks in cap hell the following season. Might be because he finished 10th in league scoring.

Looks like Gally is staying in the Gionta househould.

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl
#Habs @Giostyle21 jokes that @AGally94 might not take well to living with crying kids and early mornings in the Gionta household.

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
According to Brendan Gallagher, or Gally, some of the #Habs have started calling Alex Galchenyuk "Chuckie"

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin
Alex Galchenyuk: "I'm extremely happy. There's been no better feeling so far in my life."

This is a good indicator that it probably won't be a 5 game stint. Couldn't think of a better player to match him with off the ice.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
You guys are way too young if you don't know who Chuckie is. I bet that came from some of the older guys on the team. It's pretty mean but Gally does have that sort of evil look on his face. :laugh:

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
Galchenyuk's mom, dad and sister are driving to Montreal for #Habs opener. They're not flying because the two dogs are coming as well

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Lool

funny because poetryinmotion said it wouldn't fit either lol ;)

But best nickname on the team has to be Eller, I would love to know how they nicknamed him Larry.

Lars. Lar...ry. I think that's about as deep as they thought about it.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Lool

But best nickname on the team has to be Eller, I would love to know how they nicknamed him Larry.

But mainly was right about chucky being original.
Damn right it was original. Lol

Got give him credit that was peotry in motion. :)

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Lool

Haha, yeah.. I don't like it very much.

But I guess for a rookie it's okay.

He's going to be "Rambo" soon you just watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad