Alex Galchenyuk Thread 9.0 - #Goldchenyuk Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMMR

Mar 21, 2006
Ottawa
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu

Galchenyuk will wear No. 27 in #Habs season opener. Says he has no interest in asking for No. 94, saying he's not "going to be that guy"

If I am Habs management and I see or hear that I just give it to him.
He clearly wants it but is afraid to ask.
Come on grow a pair
#noexcuses

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Yannic Perrault is spinning in his grave.

:laugh:

That's weird. Don't get me wrong i like 27 (Kovalev FTW) but there is no reason he can't wear 94.. The fact he wasn't told he can take it makes me wonder, he's a top flight player and should be allowed to take any number he wants.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Handzus actually shot below his career average in 2010-11 (44.4%). Jarret Stoll went 9 for 10 that season... Stoll's career average is 48.4%. Quick's shootout save % in 2010 was .818, compared with his career % of .712.

The 2010-11 Kings are a great example of what goes into putting together a great shootout season. Exceptional performances over a small sample size.

In 2011-12, Pacioretty got the call for more shootouts than any other Hab. He went 2 for 13, 15.4%. His average for his short career is 20%. Is anyone going to make the argument that Pacioretty was a worse shooter last season than previously in his career? His numbers will stabilize, I would take a bet that his career average will end up closer to 30%.

You can't just pick and choose your spots. You are dealing with exceptions and ignoring the fact that there is a large group of players that are very consistent in their success rates. There obviously has to be variations and there are going to be examples that are more extreme than others.......like i said these are the exceptions and have no place in a rational discussion.

PunkinDrublic*

Yannic Perrault is spinning in his grave.

Yannik is coach of his sons Novice A team in Magog ( Cantonniers ), he is a SUPER nice guy. They won our tournament over Mirabel. A class act that Yannik i tell you.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
You can't just pick and choose your spots. You are dealing with exceptions and ignoring the fact that there is a large group of players that are very consistent in their success rates. There obviously has to be variations and there are going to be examples that are more extreme than others.......like i said these are the exceptions and have no place in a rational discussion.

If you read through the thread, you'll see I'm not the one who brought up the 2010-11 Kings, or last year's Habs. Others are picking those examples. I'm just pointing out why they are outliers.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton

The big thing is that previous success in the shootout is not a good predictor off how well a guy will do in a given season. There simply aren't enough SO shot events for the skill element to predominate over the chance element.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The Canadiens cut seven players before their skate Friday, and neither Galchenyuk nor Gallagher were on that list.

"I was very happy," Galchenyuk said. "There's been no better feeling in my life so far."

I had no idea that Galchenyuk was a virgin :)

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher woke up in the same hotel room Friday morning

Is followed by:

"I was very happy," Galchenyuk said. "There's been no better feeling in my life so far."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad