Alex Galchenyuk Thread 9.0 - #Goldchenyuk Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Galchenyuk officially playing tomorrow.

JFChaumont:
#Habs: Galchenyuk jouera son premier match dans la LNH demain soir contre les Leafs.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
So what's the rule for contracts for a frist round pick because I noticed that Gally will get 3.something million if he play in the NHL but Bealuieu would only get in the million range ?

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Richard Labbé ‏@Richardlabbe
M.Therrien confirme que Galchenyuk sera en uniforme demain VS TOR.

I physically reacted in a sexually inappropriate way in regard to this information.

ClasslessGuy said:
So what's the rule for contracts for a frist round pick because I noticed that Gally will get 3.something million if he play in the NHL but Bealuieu would only get in the million range ?

Its probably about signing bonuses I guess? Junior players that are signed usually get tons of them.

I'm sure someone with Great Knowledge is going to instruct us better.

EDIT : Thank you and your wisdom PyrettaBlaze. You master information search lvl 5.

void

Jan 5, 2006
JFChaumont:
#Habs: "On ne parle pas d'une audition de 5 matchs pour Galchenyuk. On ne veut pas lui mettre de la pression." Michel Therrien.

Translation: We won't talk about a 5 game audition. We don't want to put pressure on him.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
JFChaumont:
#Habs: "On ne parle pas d'une audition de 5 matchs pour Galchenyuk. On ne veut pas lui mettre de la pression." Michel Therrien.

Translation: We won't talk about a 5 game audition. We don't want to put pressure on him.

''Yeah Gally no pressure. We think you're a legit second liner right away. Bring us the cup dude!''

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
It is, but we still have to plan for the best and keep that cap space open until the trade deadline or close to it.

If Gally win all the bonus, the Habs will get 925000$ on the cap this years, and the rest will put on the cap next year(or maybe the last year of ELC), which means its not a problem... And don't forget, we save 7,3 on the cap next years, and even more with Kaberley at home;)

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
That's only if we don't have the room under our cap this year to pay those bonuses. We have that room as now. May not have it once Subban is signed though.

is Subban salary is 12M a years, I stop to watch the Habs lol (Gomez 7,3 and Kaberlay around 4)

for the moment the Habs as around 6M to reach 70m cap, and I hope PK doesn't get 6M :)

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I'm both ecstatic and nervous. I hope he's ready and gets plenty of ice time.

He will on the second line for sure. Tomorrow is going to be like Christmas all over again.

Him getting a point would be fantastic, but I really only wish for him to have a strong game as in good on the forecheck and defensively as well as create some scoring chances like how he sent Gionta and Gorges 2 on 1 in the scrimmage from his own zone with a player on him.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
is Subban salary is 12M a years, I stop to watch the Habs lol (Gomez 7,3 and Kaberlay around 4)

for the moment the Habs as around 6M to reach 70m cap, and I hope PK doesn't get 6M :)

We have about 8M in terms of cap space this year. No one is suggesting that MB give 12M/year to PK and unless the maximum $/yr has changed it would be against the rules.

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
I'm both ecstatic and nervous. I hope he's ready and gets plenty of ice time.

I am excited also for tomorrow game :nod:
Crap, I keep my two nieces tomorrow, that mean (with my son) I will have 3 kids running all around the house lol, I hope i will be able to watch all the game, and be 100% focus.

Habster33

In Habs we trust!
Dec 15, 2010
If Gally made the team, I'm wondering why he doesn't change his jersey number.. 27 doesn't suit him well lol!

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu

Galchenyuk will wear No. 27 in #Habs season opener. Says he has no interest in asking for No. 94, saying he's not "going to be that guy"

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Toews had 1.3m in bonuses for winning the Conn Smythe. Are they all like that, I wonder?

What a preposterous stipulation. But Johnny got his.

Yeah, pretty sure. I remember Patrick Kane got a huge one too that year, putting the Hawks in cap hell the following season. Might be because he finished 10th in league scoring.

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl
#Habs @Giostyle21 jokes that @AGally94 might not take well to living with crying kids and early mornings in the Gionta household.

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
According to Brendan Gallagher, or Gally, some of the #Habs have started calling Alex Galchenyuk "Chuckie"

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin
Alex Galchenyuk: "I'm extremely happy. There's been no better feeling so far in my life."

EDIT: No decision made yet on if he's staying with Gionta. Gionta was saying it as a joke (clip is on TSN.ca).

Last edited:

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
Exciting times for the young Jedi master - man I hope he does well!

And Gally 2 (Gallagher) as well!

Yep
May the Force be with you Gally!

Note: I am also happy for Gallagher, I see him as a perfect replacement in succession to Gionta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad