Speculation: After all this shuffling, who stays and who goes?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Glencross - Monahan - Hudler
Gaudreau - Backlund - Raymond

then either;

Baertschi - Stajan - Jooris
Bouma - Colborne - Byron

or;

Baertschi - Stajan - Colborne
Bouma - Byron - Jooris

Send Granlund back down. Trade Seto and Jones if possible, send them down otherwise. Gives the Baby Flames a bit more depth/veteran presence. Bollig as the 13th.

Steven

May 10, 2009
No way anyone gives anything up for Seto. Why would you? He's a free agent this summer anyways and I don't exactly see a bidding war taking off for him. I don't mean to dump more hate on Seto, as the guy already takes a lot, but literally every team in the league has at least one guy in the AHL they could call up that can do what Seto does (which is very little)

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
No way anyone gives anything up for Seto. Why would you? He's a free agent this summer anyways and I don't exactly see a bidding war taking off for him. I don't mean to dump more hate on Seto, as the guy already takes a lot, but literally every team in the league has at least one guy in the AHL they could call up that can do what Seto does (which is very little)

I could see the Pens giving up a late round pick for him....crash the net for Malkin. Low risk, potential high reward.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
you underestimate the value placed on playoff experience.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Bartschi's situation is really weird, seems like every game he looks good and gets ice time and then the next game his line gets scored on early and then he gets nailed to the bench. Sadly I have this feeling they aren't looking to keep him up once the choice has to be made...

May 27, 2012
Earth
Bartschi's situation is really weird, seems like every game he looks good and gets ice time and then the next game his line gets scored on early and then he gets nailed to the bench. Sadly I have this feeling they aren't looking to keep him up once the choice has to be made...

Well, he directly caused the first goal.

edit: Inb4 Sven Army.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well, he directly caused the first goal.

edit: Inb4 Sven Army.

Naw, Sven got schooled on that one. But to Hartley's credit, he got right back out there a few minutes later. Sven is just often a casualty of how the team is playing as a whole. He has virtually no rope out there, so unless the team is playing well, Hartley will only put out his favourites.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Colborne - Monahan - Hudler
Gaudreau - Backlund - Raymond
GlenX - Granlund - Byron
Bouma - Stajan - Jooris

EX: Bollig / Gratz / Jones / Seto

Sent down: Ferland, Baertschi

IMO there is no way you can send Jooris or Granlund down after the way they've been playing and producing! It goes against what the Flames have been preaching. I think waiver and trades are coming. I personally want Jones, once healthy, back in the line-up. He's looked good and brings size with decent speed which is lacking. As for now, this is what the line-up, when healthy, should look like.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Naw, Sven got schooled on that one. But to Hartley's credit, he got right back out there a few minutes later. Sven is just often a casualty of how the team is playing as a whole. He has virtually no rope out there, so unless the team is playing well, Hartley will only put out his favourites.

He threw the puck away because he panicked and attempted to block the shot and failed. The result was a goal. Not sure how you can defend him on that one.

Steven

May 10, 2009
It was a tough break for Sven. He was out there trying to give up the body and block a shot for the team, but ended up getting schooled. Best of intentions, wrong decision :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I didn't mind the play, credit to Sven on throwing his body to block a puck. I think it was Vatanen who made a really smart play.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He threw the puck away because he panicked and attempted to block the shot and failed. The result was a goal. Not sure how you can defend him on that one.

I... I wasn't. I said he got schooled. And I even pointed out that he wasn't immediately benched afterwards.

However, if I was going to make any point, it would be the same one that's been made already a lot of times, and that is that the same mistake from certain other players would be handled differently. But that's ok. Hartley's man-managing and he's getting results. Baertschi doesn't appear outwardly frustrated right now, so I'd have to think that communication has been good between coach and player.

robbie111

Nov 10, 2013
IMO, Granlund is our 3C now. Colborne is RW, Stajan, sorry but he's on the 4th.

Granlunds at least 3C and might move ahead of Backlund later on this season as our #2. Has 8pts in 9 games this season and is 2nd in rookie PPG this year. Would be interesting to see if he would have challenged for the Calder this year if he had been up from the start of the year. He and Gaudreau dominated the overtime and Granlund was a huge reason the Flames came back and beat Anaheim tonight. Granlund is a keeper. Thank you God for the Erixon trade!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad