Speculation: After all this shuffling, who stays and who goes?

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
I’d be sad to see Jones go. IDK, always liked him, never thought he’s gotten a fair shot here with all of his injuries.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
IMO Jooris is here to stay. He's definitely our best RW. Constant effort and tenacity. Plus he has an offensive side. Right now I'd say he's in competition with Hudler as our best RW.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Jooris and possibly Granlund are going to stay IMO. Sven wasn't great tonight but it would of been great to see more than 10 minutes of him.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
In Sven's defense, he just played last night and had a 3 hour drive to Montreal (I think). Pretty tough to judge him when he is a little tired.

I think Seto should be sent down to see if he can find his scoring touch again. He had some decent chances this game and others, just can't seem to find the net.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Byron should be sent down to keep Jooris

And everyone ******** all over Seto and Jones (Jones has been quite good actually) when they have both been much better than McGrattan who we don't really need anymore with Bollig and Engelland.

Waive/demote Byron, scratch McGrattan & Setoguchi as needed.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Seto should be waived/sent down. He hasn't been bad, but we simply have other guys who offer more. I'm not sure what to do about Grats. I think Ferland will be returned, to early to say on Sven. Jooris and Granlund should be staying up all season. Let Byron center the 4th.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I hate to say it, but McGrattan should be a healthy scratch for the most of the season at this point. Sure, he can fight. Unfortunately, that's all he can do.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Byron has been way more effective than Seto thus far in my opinion.
might have something to do with playing double the games.

But I would rather see Byron demoted because I would rather see him playing than sitting in the pressbox.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To be fair, he's played double the games because he's been more effective.
it's hard to be effective when you aren't playing regularly. Like McGrattan, he looked much worse than usual the other game because he had been sitting out for so long.

but if we are just going to use our 13th and 14th forwards as emergency replacements when we can't get someone up, then I would rather Byron play in the AHL and Setogucchi sit in the pressbox.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
it's hard to be effective when you aren't playing regularly. Like McGrattan, he looked much worse than usual the other game because he had been sitting out for so long.

but if we are just going to use our 13th and 14th forwards as emergency replacements when we can't get someone up, then I would rather Byron play in the AHL and Setogucchi sit in the pressbox.

I feel like Byron wouldn't clear waivers. He probably would've at the start of the season, but now that there are teams that know what they have (and what they don't have), and they've seen Byron's play this season, I don't think he'd make it down.

Unless he's waiver ineligible, but I don't think that's the case.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Sven was horri-awful tonight. He doesn't deserve to be on this team over guys like Granlund, Ferland, or Jooris.
I could see us dropping the Gooch too.
No idea really who else we would let go.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Gaudreau's a lock to stay. I expect the organization will tell him to find a permanent place to stay soon.

Jooris should and likely will stay up. Can play pretty much anywhere in the lineup.

Granlund has been quietly effective in his first two games, with a goal and an assist. He should be staying up but unless Setoguchi is waived or traded, I expect he'll be sent back.

Ferland, I expect will be sent back as soon as he's healthy. Tough break for him.

Baertschi's too soon to judge. One game with barely ten minutes of ice time. Needs at least a couple of more games with better linemates (no offense to Byron) and more ice time. But if Granlund gets squeezed out, there's pretty much no chance he'll stick.

Jones has been playing pretty well since coming back from injury. No reason to get rid of him. Setoguchi, even though tonight was the first time he was noticeable in a positive way (screening the goalie on the powerplay), should be moved once players start getting healthy. Let Jooris/Granlund/Byron rotate between the press box. McGrattan should be a permanent fixture there as well.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I feel like Byron wouldn't clear waivers. He probably would've at the start of the season, but now that there are teams that know what they have (and what they don't have), and they've seen Byron's play this season, I don't think he'd make it down.

Unless he's waiver ineligible, but I don't think that's the case.

Yeah, I'd rather just trade Byron than take a gamble on waivers.
Seto can go to Adirondack, but I like the outer space suggestion as well.
Granlund and Jooris are here to stay IMO.
Sven back to the minors unless he starts producing.
Jones can't be traded and doesn't deserve to be demoted so he stays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad