Speculation: After all this shuffling, who stays and who goes?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
hmmmm....something's gotta give at the forward position.

I see it as:

Raymond - backlund - hudler
Gaudreau - Monahan - Colborne
Glencross - Granlund - jooris
Bouma - stajan - Byron

Bollig, jones, mcgrattan, setoguchi as injury replacements? I'd send down seto / waive him. Have to assume we are going to trade a left handed forward at some point for another dman. Baertschi belongs in the ahl right now. Love his skill, but he needs to learn how to drive the play more. Top ahl minutes should help.

That's 4 solid lines going forward. Hope we keep rolling after last nights huge game!

Yeah I can't say I disagree with you. I like those lines a lot.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Nothing has to give. As you point out Gnome there are 16 forwards that deserve to be in the NHL, but honestly, what are the odds we are ever that healthy again? I can easily see 2+ forwards on IR the rest of the way.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Nothing has to give. As you point out Gnome there are 16 forwards that deserve to be in the NHL, but honestly, what are the odds we are ever that healthy again? I can easily see 2+ forwards on IR the rest of the way.

If we could get a young nhl pmd to upgrade either smid or Engelland I'd easily move someone like glencross. Nothing really "has" to give, but I think it'd make us better overall. I didn't even mention ferland in my lineup, who could very well be nhl ready. Loved his game last night. So close to a beautiful short side goal.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It's true, injuries will always be a factor no matter what but we have so much more depth up front it makes sense to move some of it to get better on the backend.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If we could get a young nhl pmd to upgrade either smid or Engelland I'd easily move someone like glencross. Nothing really "has" to give, but I think it'd make us better overall. I didn't even mention ferland in my lineup, who could very well be nhl ready. Loved his game last night. So close to a beautiful short side goal.
I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said. I am simply saying the way things are we are likely to have 16 (or more) forwards on the roster the rest of the season.

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
I'm wondering why they don't waive McGrattan? With the team being successful it doesn't seem like he has a purpose in the lineup anymore.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm wondering why they don't waive McGrattan? With the team being successful it doesn't seem like he has a purpose in the lineup anymore.

So they can call someone else up to eat popcorn in his place? You have 23 guys allowed on the roster and 20 lineup spots. That means every game three guys sit. You don't want those guys to be prospects. Guys like McGrattan are perfect for that. His main purpose in this lineup is to be a good personality in the room and give the guys confidence. He is very effective in that role in or out of the lineup.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm not worried, I think it will all fall into place as needed, guys that we see as big potential keepers will fall off and go seperate ways, it's the way she goes, we've had this problem in the past.. Plus, I don't think Glenny will be around much longer

Edit: I should add, I don't mean tons of young players in the past, i mean a lot of NHL capable players, or so we thought.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So they can call someone else up to eat popcorn in his place? You have 23 guys allowed on the roster and 20 lineup spots. That means every game three guys sit. You don't want those guys to be prospects. Guys like McGrattan are perfect for that. His main purpose in this lineup is to be a good personality in the room and give the guys confidence. He is very effective in that role in or out of the lineup.
exactly this. and if Bollig has any after effects of the puck to the face he may sit for a game or 2 in McGrattan's place I reckon

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Agree with keeping McGrattan as a press boxer. Besides, when he does play, Hartley doesn't give him very many minutes. Prospects should be playing.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
In
Stajan
Raymond
colbourne

Out
1. Knight- hasn't done a whole lot. Never have seen true NHL player in him before.
2. Baertschi (blahhh that's all I have to say about his play. Better but still not nearly at an NHL level. He's much better off playing big minutes in hope of truly finding his scoring touch. He's a scorer and if he's not scoring he's not doing much good.)
3. Ferland- Love what he has done so far this season. I feel like he is on the verge of breaking out offensively. But until he does the Vets deserve his roster spot. Even though I would love to see him stay at the NHL level. I seriously think we may have a pre-Steve-Moore Todd Bertuzzi on our hands.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
In
Stajan
Raymond
colbourne

Out
1. Knight- hasn't done a whole lot. Never have seen true NHL player in him before.
2. Baertschi (blahhh that's all I have to say about his play. Better but still not nearly at an NHL level. He's much better off playing big minutes in hope of truly finding his scoring touch. He's a scorer and if he's not scoring he's not doing much good.)
3. Ferland- Love what he has done so far this season. I feel like he is on the verge of breaking out offensively. But until he does the Vets deserve his roster spot. Even though I would love to see him stay at the NHL level. I seriously think we may have a pre-Steve-Moore Todd Bertuzzi on our hands.

I can agree with 1 and 2, but there is no way I would agree with them sending down Ferland after how well he has played. If we are sticking by the 'always earned, never given' mantra, there is no way they can justify sending Ferland down right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad