ADSF: (1) Montreal Canadiens vs. (WC1) Ottawa Senators - Part VIII (Series 3-2 MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
This. It's been an amazing ride, regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Hopefully this:

Dp3tpvH.jpg

Being around for the Habs upsets in 02,04 and 2010, I can say I honestly prefer going in as an underdog with no expectations vs being the favourite as the Habs were in 2013,14 and this year. You expect to win and are disappointed to lose, as opposed to expect to lose and ecstatic to win.

Damn that was a long time ago.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I think it was pretty cool of Ottawa as an organization to sit down and try to figure out a way to create a scenario in which the Habs to lose in even more humiliating fashion than 2013.

Well done Senators! Very creative! Half way there.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No matter who wins ,hopefully the ahl team lucky to win BS subsides from some of the hab fans.As well some of us Sens fans could learn a little on how we should respect them as well :nod:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
No matter who wins ,hopefully the ahl team lucky to win BS subsides from some of the hab fans.As well some of us Sens fans could learn a little on how we should respect them as well :nod:

Hear, hear! But if Habs are going to win, at least let us go to Game 7 please :yo:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hear, hear! But if Habs are going to win, at least let us go to Game 7 please :yo:
Oh i want to win ,but iam not going to run down habs players if we dont .Both teams are rising teams in the east ,there will be more playoff battles to come between us :nod:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I feel for this main board though. If you guys think that your hatred towards our team will be fun to share if we lose that series......it will be nothing compared to our board.....You will have to work hard to be harsher than us.....

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I feel for this main board though. If you guys think that your hatred towards our team will be fun to share if we lose that series......it will be nothing compared to our board.....You will have to work hard to be harsher than us.....

Right now we hate our team more then all our rivals combined.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Subban dodges Karlsson's bomb from the point then he has the nerve to say this about Pageau's epic shot blocks:

Pgeau's response is gold too :lol:

Mean, I've never seen a team as mentally soft as the habs, lol

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010

Subban dodges Karlsson's bomb from the point then he has the nerve to say this about Pageau's epic shot blocks:

Pgeau's response is gold too :lol:

Mean, I've never seen a team as mentally soft as the habs, lol

How is this soft though ?

Pageau's answer is stupid. If he doesn't get out of the way of a Subban shot he will get injured. You are reading to much into this my friend.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

Pageau's answer is stupid. If he doesn't get out of the way of a Subban shot he will get injured. You are reading to much into this my friend.

Pageau's answer is stupid? That kind of play is what wins in the playoffs. Any player worth a lick of salt in the NHL would respect that. Trash talking is the opposite.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Outsider perspective. (Way outside for a long time as an Oiler fan).
Montreal is looking a lot like the Pens, and Nucks. A great team that gets way too frustrated way too easily! It kills me to say this, but they need to take a page out of the Flames book. Shut up, stay disciplined, and work hard.

What they needed is the Flames coach. They had a chance to do it. And blew it.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

It's not stupid man. It's pure character. This is what the playoffs are all about. If he ends up being injured because of a shot blocking, well so be it, it comes with the territory.

Personnally, I believe Subban's statement was stupid. How the heck are those shots going to be harder? Was he actually refraining himself and keeping some harder shots as the playoffs progresses? Really?

Pageau is actually incredibly bright. I don't think he'll ever be a top 6. So as a bottom 6, your role is, amongst a few other things, to block shots. He knows that to stick around, you have to do it. Either that, or he goes in Europe where he won't like it....but probalby won't be injured blocking shots. I will tell you that he's going to take the chance to be injured. Just like most players with heart who will go in front of the net knowing full well the crosscheck is coming. The only guys who won't be injured are the ones that don't implicate themselves in the play. And yeah...I a happen to know a couple of Habs where that statement is so true....unfortunately.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Soft because if Subban even had a fraction of Pageau's balls, he could have blocked Karlsson's shot instead of ducking it and prevented a goal.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Soft because if Subban even had a fraction of Pageau's balls, he could have blocked Karlsson's shot instead of ducking it and prevented a goal.

Well Subban dodging the shot doesn't necessarily mean he was afraid, maybe he wanted to give Price the lane so he could see the shot to make the save?

Most of the goals scored against Price in game 5 were where he couldn't see the puck

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
It's not stupid man. It's pure character. This is what the playoffs are all about. If he ends up being injured because of a shot blocking, well so be it, it comes with the territory.

Personnally, I believe Subban's statement was stupid. How the heck are those shots going to be harder? Was he actually refraining himself and keeping some harder shots as the playoffs progresses? Really?

Pageau is actually incredibly bright. I don't think he'll ever be a top 6. So as a bottom 6, your role is, amongst a few other things, to block shots. He knows that to stick around, you have to do it. Either that, or he goes in Europe where he won't like it....but probalby won't be injured blocking shots. I will tell you that he's going to take the chance to be injured. Just like most players with heart who will go in front of the net knowing full well the crosscheck is coming. The only guys who won't be injured are the ones that don't implicate themselves in the play. And yeah...I a happen to know a couple of Habs where that statement is so true....unfortunately.

I'm guessing he meant there will be more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad