ADSF: (1) Montreal Canadiens vs. (WC1) Ottawa Senators - Part VIII (Series 3-2 MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I remember last year, the rangers had a chance to close us out, and lundqvist stunk it up and let in 5. He vowed that that would not happen again and he shut us out next game...i feel carey price is gonna be a force in game 6

I remember:cry:

Need to limit shots to below 30 if we want to really give ourselves a chance next game. That 3rd period was ugly to watch and Habs had lots of chances to make it 3-2.

On the other hand I'm overly surprised at our PK.

Karlsson2Turris*

Petry always impressed me when we played Edmonton.

He just needed to get out of that toxic environment to take his game to the next level.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

He just needed to get out of that toxic environment to take his game to the next level.

He's better off in a smaller role than he was playing in Edmonton as well, they expected too much of him.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
The Sens have been incredibly lucky so far, they have been outshot, outchanced and have had low puck possession, all that by a wide margin. They squeezed two wins out of that series, I most say : the luckiest team in the playoffs for sure . Also, advanced stats advocates are looking very bad in this series.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
The Sens have been incredibly lucky so far, they have been outshot, outchanced and have had low puck possession, all that by a wide margin. They squeezed two wins out of that series, I most say : the luckiest team in the playoffs for sure . Also, advanced stats advocates are looking very bad in this series.

What was lucky about last night? All of Montreal's shots are coming off the boards. They're not high percentage chances. Ottawa was up early last night and sat on the lead.

Ottawa outshot Montreal in Game 4 and won 1-0. Had it not been for Price, it would have been another blow out.

Ottawa has led for much longer in this series, Ottawa has scored more goals in this series. Montreal's been the lucky team.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Habs are lucky to be up 3-2 after allowing first goal in all 5 games. They were 18-25 in the regular season.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

and Edmonton is desparate for top 4 dmen. I am still shocked they traded him :shakehead

IMO him and Nurse would have looked pretty good together if they managed to resign Petry

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa

"Lucky" has been the theme of the series except last night.

Every game, minus last night, was decided by one goal.

One bounce either way could have changed the series every game.

The difference in the shot count last night is that they were all perimeter shots that Anderson could see.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Yeah, Petry's probably been the second best defenceman on our side. If anything, his success post-EDM, as well as Dubnyk's should excite Oiler fans in terms of what their best assets could do in productive environments.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

Yeah the game is still decided by goals.

Also when you have the lead, the onus is on your opponent to generate offense.

While I wish the Sens didn't fall into a shell in games 2 and 3, it's not wise to leave yourself vulnerable by trying to pad a lead, generally speaking.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Petry is not good.

Patently false.

He's certainly a bit dinged up after Chiasson rocked him, but he's been the habs most consistent defender, and I'd even say he's out peaked anyone else on their blue line, too.

He looked better next to Markov to finish out game 1 than Pernell has at any point in this series.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Patently false.

He's certainly a bit dinged up after Chiasson rocked him, but he's been the habs most consistent defender, and I'd even say he's out peaked anyone else on their blue line, too.

He looked better next to Markov to finish out game 1 than Pernell has at any point in this series.

PK was abysmal yesterday.

Running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
"Lucky" has been the theme of the series except last night.

Every game, minus last night, was decided by one goal.

One bounce either way could have changed the series every game.

The difference in the shot count last night is that they were all perimeter shots that Anderson could see.

To be fair, Mtl got some good chances in the 1st before we scored. The second they may have driven possession, but didn't really create many dangerous chances. In the third, they really opened up to creat some offense, and got some decent chances, but I don't think they dominated as some suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad