ADSF: (1) Montreal Canadiens vs. (WC1) Ottawa Senators - Part VIII (Series 3-2 MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judo

May 7, 2013
wink-o.gif

ConsciousWelltodoBlacklemur.gif

Judo

May 7, 2013
Like most Sens fans have said the series can go either way. Other than game 5 each game was decided by 1 goal. A game where calls, bounces etc go the wrong way and the Sens lose. Even if they don't most games have been very even. I am cheering for my team to complete the comback but it is going to be a brutal battle and a little puck luck will be needed.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Soft because if Subban even had a fraction of Pageau's balls, he could have blocked Karlsson's shot instead of ducking it and prevented a goal.

Shots blocked by PK Subban this season: 132
Shots blocked by Pageau this season: 20

PK was trying to let Price see the shot because you don't block shots from right in front of the goalie. You should know this.

Try harder :)

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
I bet $300 on the habs for this series and a sens fan took me on it. Cant wait to collect :)

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015

PK was trying to let Price see the shot because you don't block shots from right in front of the goalie. You should know this.

Subban plays defense, and plays 30+ minutes a night.

Pageau is a third line centre, and plays maybe 12 minutes a night.

Try harder.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Subban plays defense, and plays 30+ minutes a night.

Pageau is a third line centre, and plays maybe 12 minutes a night.

Try harder.

So the point still stands? PK plays 3 times as much but has blocked 8 times as many shots. Your fellow Sens fan was trying to say PK doesn't have the "nuts" to block shots which is hilarious. Turns out he just doesn't know anything about hockey instead.

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
So the point still stands? PK plays 3 times as much but has blocked 8 times as many shots. Your fellow Sens fan was trying to say PK doesn't have the "nuts" to block shots which is hilarious. Turns out he just doesn't know anything about hockey instead.

Oh I'm not doubting Subban at all, I've seen him block many shots in games. I agree that there are times where you should block and when not to block. It's basically a 50/50. If you attempt to block it but miss, well the goalie is screened. Subban made the right play, if there was one player that should've blocked that shot it should've been the forward covering Karlsson's point.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa

You have to admit that Subban getting out of the way of that shot was a soft play. That's the second time he made a soft play that resulted in a goal in this series. The other one was on the MacArthur goal, I believe it was where instead of trying to block the shot, laid down to avoid it.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
You have to admit that Subban getting out of the way of that shot was a soft play. That's the second time he made a soft play that resulted in a goal in this series. The other one was on the MacArthur goal, I believe it was where instead of trying to block the shot, laid down to avoid it.

Where do we go from here?

Do you want to discuss Karlsson's deadbeat giveaway to Galchenyuk literally alone in front of the net? Of course not because Anderson stopped it.

Bring on the next game and enough with stupid trivial ****.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
Where do we go from here?

Do you want to discuss Karlsson's deadbeat giveaway to Galchenyuk literally alone in front of the net? Of course not because Anderson stopped it.

Bring on the next game and enough with stupid trivial ****.

The truth hurts, doesn't it bud. Habs fan has been touted how much of a superior defender Subban is, and then this series happened. Subban has been awful and is playing like a "me first" player. He could learn a thing or two from Karlsson and Pageau.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

Subban played 2148 minutes this year. Pageau 709.

PK blocked a shot every 16 minutes.

Pageau blocked a shot every 35 minutes.

More like double. I just thought I would add to this ridiculous conversation. Either way...Pageau stopped a possible goal last game and PK whined to the media about it. PK jumped out of the way of an EK blast, perfectly screening Price and allowing the Sens to pile even more pucks in the back of the net.

ConsciousWelltodoBlacklemur.gif

Jerk Store*

When you've reached the point where you're debating Subban vs Pageau, you just know Habs fans have faced the fact that Karlsson > Subban

TheObserver

Mar 14, 2015

ouch. thats some ownage LOL.

I love when people hate for no reason. Subban has been consistent all season long. arguably the best dman.

Ps: im not a montreal fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad