ADSF: (1) Montreal Canadiens vs. (WC1) Ottawa Senators - Part VIII (Series 3-2 MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
When you've reached the point where you're debating Subban vs Pageau, you just know Habs fans have faced the fact that Karlsson > Subban

Or Habs fans have stopped debating it because they know PK is better, which is why Sens fans are the ones keeping the debate alive.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Craig Anderson man...the dude can be ridiculous.

Saw him single handedly steal a game against the sharks a few years back. 51 save shutout. Was at the game and it was the best game I've ever been to in person. He was incredible and we won off that flukey bounce off ROR's stick to win in OT. Andy was 1st star and everyone was chanting "AN-DY! AN-DY! AN-DY! AN-DY! AN-DY!". All I'm saying is if there's anyone that could win you a series as weirdly as this one - it's Craig Anderson.

Still though, Habs need just a single win, while the Senators need to manage two in a row. I think Price comes up huge in one of the final two games and gets a shutout and the Habs win the series.

Can't wait for game 6.

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
Desharnais has actually really impressed me this series - little guy with gumption, always in the play. Doesn't look like he's getting much support from linemates tho :/

Always being in play doesn't really mean much when you spend most of that time falling down or getting muscled off the puck.

He also gets wayyyy more o-zone starts than Eller, who still managed 4 shots and a point last game.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I offered an avatar bet with sens fans but I'll offer it here to make it easier.

If Habs win game 6, you sport a habs avatar(generic theme, nothing bad) until habs get eliminated in the playoffs.

If sens win game 6, even if they don't win game 7, I will sport a sens avatar(generic theme) regardless of who wins game 7 until whoever advances gets eliminated.

Essentially, even if sens win game 6 but lose the series I'll keep your avatar until the habs lose in the playoffs.

How about it? Someone who is fairly active and has a decent post count.

I will honor my word, promise.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
I offered an avatar bet with sens fans but I'll offer it here to make it easier.

If Habs win game 6, you sport a habs avatar(generic theme, nothing bad) until habs get eliminated in the playoffs.

If sens win game 6, even if they don't win game 7, I will sport a sens avatar(generic theme) regardless of who wins game 7 until whoever advances gets eliminated.

Essentially, even if sens win game 6 but lose the series I'll keep your avatar until the habs lose in the playoffs.

How about it? Someone who is fairly active and has a decent post count.

I will honor my word, promise.

you dont have an avatar.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
I have a feeling Ottawa will stretch this one to seven. With the season they have had, how could you bet against them!

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Methinks someone just wants Sens avatar lol

Not all to surprising either. Lot of people hoped up on the fence back in 2013 - this is just the final push to the right side.

Jerk Store*

Or Habs fans have stopped debating it because they know PK is better, which is why Sens fans are the ones keeping the debate alive.

Someone's having a hard time dealing with Karlsson officially > Subban :nod:

Jerk Store*

I was a mod when you were. I just have a better memory.:)

If someone steps to the plate I will prove I am able of having an avatar.

I'll take that bet Lyrical. This is all in good fun and I've enjoyed chatting with you throughout this series. My post count is low, but I'm sure some Habs fans would love to see me with a Subban Avatar :laugh:

I'm also celebrating the fact that so far I went through this series without being banned from the thread, even without an infraction :handclap: Now that's a true underdog story!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Habs are averaging over 40 shots per game...

A good part of that is score effect, Mtl has been trailing for 128 mins in this series, Ottawa 43.

While I would agree that Mtl has been a bit better (primarily on the merit of strong 2nd periods), the shot count isn't entirely reflective of the play.

Ottawa should probably stop sitting back on leads, and try and force the play more when leading.

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
If anything, Habs fans should thank Karlsson. If Karlsson wasn't hurt the one year, Subban wouldn't have won the Norris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad