Adam Larsson-Scratched?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
no, it means you should relax and wait to see what our team looks like in 2 months because it wont look the same as it does now.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I did... and we added Zidlicky, didn't we not? We also gave Salvador some 'roids cause there's not one soul that would've guessed that he'd go on a "offensive tear" the way he did.

It's funny how certain posters can remember the slightess thing but can forget what happend just after those same comments :sarcasm:

You were making that comment well after the Zids trade

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
:laugh: I agree and we will make a trade, but 90% of this board said the same thing verbatim regarding last year's defense,

AND last year's offense. Both were addressed in due time.

It is 100% possible for Lou to acquire forwards without dealing from his main 8 defenseman. I'm not saying I agree with what's going on, but I don't think anyone can tell me that Pete doesn't like having 6 veteran, proven, tested top-4 defensemen in his lineup.

I'm not sure I should be posting this next sentence on this board, but holding on to our 8 defensemen, regardless if it's managing assets correctly or not, is worth it if it wins you the cup.

bring it on :D

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
As a 23 year old, I don't hold grudges over things people did to me as a junior in high school.

That's no fun.

steve_buscemi_billy_madison.png

tumblr_m1zpd2zRlq1qj9z8jo1_500.gif

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Claiming that Larsson's growth is being stunted by missing a few games is panic. 8 goals against in 5 games (plus three overtimes) is not going to lead to a lot of tampering with the roster.

It definitely is an overreaction. Larsson's development is not going to be made or broken by a two week stint on the bench. I would much rather he be playing, of course, but for now he's fine. Start complaining if he's still permanently benched in a month.

Lou runs the show not Pete. I don't buy it for a second that he would sit back and let his #1 draft pick go to waste. There has to be a valid reason why Larson isn't in the line up and has not been sent back to Albany. I really think there's a trade coming soon.

I think there has to be a trade in the works. But even if there isn't, Vinnie is right. The defence might look sloppy, but it has been effective at limiting goals. No reason to change when we keep getting points.

Didn't you say the exact same thing but about our defense last year?

Watch, next year it will be the goalies he's complaining about. :sarcasm:

I kid, I kid.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Glad to see Larsson back in there - for the Devils to do some damage in the playoffs this year, I think they're going to need him to be a regular in the lineup so he can develop and elevate his game for the playoffs and bring some offense. A little surprising to see Fayne sit, but I thought that with all the depth on D that DeBoer would rotate guys in & out given the condensed schedule this season...or at least until a trade is worked out, which you have to figure Lou is working on to get some help up front.

As much as I hate to see the Devils burn a year or two on Matteu's contract, I think he needs to stick around as well.

Surprised that Harrold hasn't dressed as a forward yet though - has to be an improvement over Barch.

EDIT: According to Rich Chere, Fayne is out tonight with an arm injury...makes sense now.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I am guessing Fayne may be a little banged up. No point for anyone on our D to play with any injury.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Because you don't sit players playing well to let them know that they won't get traded. That doesn't make any sense.

The "injury" part does though.

You don't sit players you're ok to trade, that's what I was saying. As stated, he seems to be injured anyway.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

You were making that comment well after the Zids trade

We still needed more offensive help from the backend but like I said, Salvador turned into Niedermayer, wich gave everyone a false impression that our defence was rock solid at both ends of the ice.

I'll say the same thing if we're still at the bottom of the barrel in terms of production regarding the blueline in the next few weeks, wich is something we've been dealing with for the past 6 or 7 years now. We all saw what it did for our cup run, unless I missed something.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Woah

Didn't expect Fayne to come out.

Neither did I, but with the injury it makes sense. We can afford to play it safe, so we will.

Why ? to me it just says that with Larsson, Fayne is unlikely to be traded.

True. They won't sit the guys they are showcasing. Fayne was probably safe anyway because of his great contract, but this makes it even less likely that he will be traded.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Scratching Larsson to me makes no sense since he's on an ELC and still waivers-exempt---have him develop in Albany. (He played tonight with Fayne injured...but instead of scratching him, he should have been in Albany - and saving the Devils a good chunk of change too.)

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I'd rather have him in NJ, getting time with DeBoer and Stevens than to go play for an Albany team that is not so great.
This way he's game-ready in the NHL system as opposed to adjusting from the AHL.

Over a short term, of course. Not an extensive period of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad