Adam Larsson-Scratched?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Apparently scratching Larsson isn't the only thing you don't understand about the Devils D. Fayne's probably the best among them not including period 1 vs Montreal

I don't understand how Fayne can be this consistently underrated by fans of other teams. They must be looking at where he was drafted and saying, there's no way that guy could be any good.

Yeah, I have to agree - I don't think panic is quite the right word. I think people are definitely a loss to explain why this happening the longer it goes, but we're not exactly a long way into a season. And we had a super, super short camp... And it's Lou. So we'll never know.

I think we have to be waiting on a trade at this point. No other reason not to have him in.

apice3*

Not sure if the trade possibilities are the reason he's not in, but once you scratch one of the other 6 guys, that guy loses value.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I don't understand how Fayne can be this consistently underrated by fans of other teams. They must be looking at where he was drafted and saying, there's no way that guy could be any good.
Even worse, and I truly feel shame for every one of those fans, our own fanbase has a tendency to overlook his positive contributions on defense.

Times are changing I guess. One would of thought that the Devils fans would recognize and appreciate such a stellar defensive player more than any other fans.

Not sure if the trade possibilities are the reason he's not in, but once you scratch one of the other 6 guys, that guy loses value.
Quoted for truth.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
lots of other teams are dealing with a buttload of injuries. only a matter of time before a deal becomes more dire for a team thats a good match for us.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

This for sure. Ive been preaching this for god knows how long. Yet the mainboard lurkers just cant grasp this concept

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
The one thing I don't understand though is why would they want to trade Larsson unless he requested one?

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
maybe they wanted him to rest before the season started, but this is just ridiculous. what are we getting from Zidlicky that Larsson wont give us? i can only hope that this time is Stevens showing him how to play aggressive without hurting himself, but they should be working him in at least as a platoon to be switched out

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why is no one complaining that we're sitting Harrold for 5 straight games? :sarcasm:

You jest but it is kinda sad that the kid played well for us down the stretch including much of the playoffs and nobody really gives a **** if he ever plays a game this year :p: I'd have rather seen him get the eight plus minutes Anderson got tonight as a fill-in up front just to get his feet wet again, hell they could have also used him on the second PP the way they did during the postseason last year.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
lots of other teams are dealing with a buttload of injuries. only a matter of time before a deal becomes more dire for a team thats a good match for us.

I'm fearful we wait too long and either lose a D and Lou gets paranoid and doesn't move a body or lose a forward and lose some leverage.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm fearful we wait too long and either lose a D and Lou gets paranoid and doesn't move a body or lose a forward and lose some leverage.
Hopefully if that happens where a defenseman goes on LTIR, we can bring up Butler. You can rip people for begging for him to come, but what better options do we have right now in the system?

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
I love how we are the leaders in the Atlantic division and people are still panicking. Hilarious. :laugh:

People are panicking because we easily could've been at the bottom of the Atlantic right now with how we've been playing. Changes need to be made to sustain this success

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Again, people have a very liberal definition of the word 'panic' around here. Criticize any aspect of the team, poof IT'S PANIC!!!

Nitpicking would be a better word for certain criticisms (like Moose's goal allowed and the shootout choices). Larsson sitting, and our lack of depth up front are real concerns, unbeaten in regulation after five games or not.

Last edited:

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I did miss all the arguing, panic, and bickering during the lockout. But, my goodness, this team is 3-0-2 and just about beat the Bruins in Boston. The defense is playing well and the goaltending has been superb early on. Larsson will get his playing time and will enjoy chewing up 15-20 mins a night.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Again, people have a very liberal definition of the word 'panic' around here. Criticize any aspect of the team, poof IT'S PANIC!!!

Nitpicking would be a better word for certain criticisms (like Moose's goal allowed and the shootout choices). Larsson sitting, and our lack of depth up front are real concerns, unbeaten in regulation after five games or not.

Exactly, and we're I think third lowest in goals scored right now in the league. Though we have some games in hands on other teams. We're also top 3 in least goals against though at the same time.

ZadorovNJD*

Claiming that Larsson's growth is being stunted by missing a few games is panic. 8 goals against in 5 games (plus three overtimes) is not going to lead to a lot of tampering with the roster.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Dude is what, 20? Relax people.

Have you all forgotten how young players are used by Lou?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
People are panicking because we easily could've been at the bottom of the Atlantic right now with how we've been playing. Changes need to be made to sustain this success

Did you see the other teams playing ? Devils have great goaltending/defence. 26 shots against per game too, tied for 3rd fewest in the league.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Claiming that Larsson's growth is being stunted by missing a few games is panic. 8 goals against in 5 games (plus three overtimes) is not going to lead to a lot of tampering with the roster.

It's more than a few games, he was scratched after playing well in the playoffs. He hasn't played an NHL game since mid-May. AHL is one thing, it doesn't have the speed or talent of the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad