Adam Larsson-Scratched?

acadds5

Nov 2, 2011
Ontario
I don't understand Pete DeBoer's decision on scratching Larsson continuously, can someone explain why he's being scratched instead of Fayne? Will he play in the NHL at all, or is he golden to return to Albany?

GM17*

I don't understand Pete DeBoer's decision on scratching Larsson continuously, can someone explain why he's being scratched instead of Fayne? Will he play in the NHL at all, or is he golden to return to Albany?

Apparently scratching Larsson isn't the only thing you don't understand about the Devils D. Fayne's probably the best among them not including period 1 vs Montreal

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Fayne was a core piece that got the Devils to the Finals last year. He's NOT the person that Larsson will be playing over.

And that's the problem. Too many D-men.

(Mod note: I guess we need this thread since it's popping up all the time.)

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Said this on the main board..Fayne is one of the most underrated players in the NHL. If he were on a Big 6 hed get the credit he deserves

hockeyr5

Mar 8, 2009

Better question is why are you hating on Mark Fayne!?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Isn't Larsson being discussed in three other threads?

And we (the mods) kept moving them into the appropriate places. But considering he's a hot button issue at the moment, makes sense to leave a thread dedicated to this and cease the talk in the the other threads...

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
Fayne was a core piece that got the Devils to the Finals last year. He's NOT the person that Larsson will be playing over.

And that's the problem. Too many D-men.

(Mod note: I guess we need this thread since it's popping up all the time.)

I think Fayne's had a rough go in a couple of the games this year, but he has a long,long leash after what he did last year.

The guy who has his spot is Tallinder.We just have too many defensemen right now. Larsson has a long career ahead, and he isn't being scratched because someone is better. It's just circumstance for now.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

Q:RETURN to Albany?
A:When was he there last?

Q:Will he play AT ALL in the NHL?
A:65 games last year with the big club as a rookie.

4 games in a row technically is continuously, I will give you that.

Wait, are we talking about Tedenby again?

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Q:RETURN to Albany?
A:When was he there last?

Q:Will he play AT ALL in the NHL?
A:65 games last year with the big club as a rookie.

4 games in a row technically is continuously, I will give you that.

Wait, are we talking about Tedenby again?

needs more flow chart

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Earlier this month? He played 33 games there this season.

When the NHL is not running - you cannot count Albany as a send-down. He has never been sent down. You count it as staying active. Just like all the other NHLers that played somewhere. He is not, will not be a AHLer. He is learning and practicing with the pros where he belongs.

The need to panic is so overdone here.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The need to panic is so overdone here.

cmon man- no one is panicking. it is a BAFFLING move that no one seems to understand, and we’ve been given no concrete reason for it. I’m sure its trade related, but at what point in a shortened season do you switch from ‘trade reasons’ to ‘stunted development’?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Yeah, I have to agree - I don't think panic is quite the right word. I think people are definitely a loss to explain why this happening the longer it goes, but we're not exactly a long way into a season. And we had a super, super short camp... And it's Lou. So we'll never know.

devilsrock

Sep 14, 2005
Great Neck, NY
I think Fayne's had a rough go in a couple of the games this year, but he has a long,long leash after what he did last year.

The guy who has his spot is Tallinder.We just have too many defensemen right now. Larsson has a long career ahead, and he isn't being scratched because someone is better. It's just circumstance for now.

Why Tallinder?. We brought him in to mentor Larson and his been playing well.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Why Tallinder?. We brought him in to mentor Larson and his been playing well.
We signed Tallinder a year before we drafted Larsson so that makes no sense. As of right now Tallinder has no PK or PP time, he is the odd man out.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
That's the issue to me. If Larsson was making some of the gaffes we've seen from Zidlicky and Volchenkov he'd be sat so quick his head would be spinning. I know they're vets and the standard won't be the same, but it's time he had his chance. It's not about Larsson, it's about icing the best team possible.

apice3*

Wait we drafted Larsson? Weren't we supposed to forfeit that pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->