Adam Larsson-Scratched?

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I didn't mean every year but I think he'll be a threat to do so.

I hope Larsson is a high scoring defenseman but I just don't see a lot of offensive skill in him. He's so young so I'm not closing the book on him yet.

What? He maybe our best passer on our defense.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Larsson's vision/playmaking abilities are going a little underrated here. He has that ability to make those clean breakout passes and plays from the point.

I'd really love to see him on the PP again this year.

Oroku Saki*

What? He maybe our best passer on our defense.

Keyword: Ours. I'm not saying he is a bum but I don't think he'll be "elite" offensively. Especially with the job of being our #1 shutdown defenseman.

I'd also like to see him get PP time. I agree that his passing is very good.

lboogie42*

Fayne is our best defensive dman. his game is virtually flawless. you never really hear people complaining about him. but larsson is going to be great. he was great for most of last year. he should be playing IMO. scratch zidlicky. Tbh i dont really care for the way sal has played this year. hes made some mistakes. other then those 2 dmen everyones played fine. cant bench sal cuz hes our captain. zidlickys our best offensive dman. so its hard to find playing time for larsson

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Keyword: Ours. I'm not saying he is a bum but I don't think he'll be "elite" offensively. Especially with the job of being our #1 shutdown defenseman.

I'd also like to see him get PP time. I agree that his passing is very good.

There is only 1 defenseman that is elite offensively and that is Karlsson. Larsson can definitely be in the top 5 in the future.

Last season ES point leaders
1. Karlsson - 50
2. Bieksa - 34
3. Byfuglien - 33
4. Chara - 33
5. Yandle - 32

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Just because he barely plays (ehh) and gets close to zero PP time, people are also forgetting how good his shot is. Both wrist shot/slap shot. Isn`t the strongest one in the world, but it`s accurate and hard enough. All he needs is more time and confidence. Wait and watch.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
No disrespect to Hamilton, but I don't get all the hype. Didn't he play in this years World Juniors, because I could swear I watched him play and he did not impress at all.

Oroku Saki*

No disrespect to Hamilton, but I don't get all the hype. Didn't he play in this years World Juniors, because I could swear I watched him play and he did not impress at all.

Matteau didn't impress or make the team either. Hamilton is playing well in the NHL. That's all that matters. I've kept a close eye on him because I wanted him in 2011 if Larsson was gone. I'm very high on him and it seems like Julien and the Bruins are in love with his game.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don`t think he`s gonna consistently put up that many points. He`s a poor man`s Pietro and even he can`t get crazy numbers on a stacked team.

And I agree with tycobb, Larsson should put up more than 40p in his prime, on regular basis.

At first I thought you were talking about Larsson being a poor man's Pietro. I feel better now that I actually read what you wrote. :laugh:

I'm on the "WHOOO POINTS FOR LARSSON!" train. I see him a lot like Hedman. They both have very underrated (at least these days, for Hedman) offensive skill imo because they entered the league and were expected to play defense before offense. Hedman's offense shined in the KHL and it's starting to blossom in Tampa as well, and I think Larsson's gonna have the same sorta path.

Call me crazy, but I could see Larsson pushing 60 points in his best year. He's just got that vision to make things happen effortlessly. However, if Merrill and Gelinas both end up in Jersey (which I'm not saying is likely), and they end up on the top PP, it's gonna be more difficult for Larsson to have those big point seasons.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Hedman is a better skater, that alone makes him a bigger scoring threat. That said, Larsson`s defensive game is more developed than his offense and already better than Hedman`s.

So yes, I will gladly call you crazy, but at the same time I hope to be proven wrong, of course. :naughty:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'd rather have him in NJ, getting time with DeBoer and Stevens than to go play for an Albany team that is not so great.
This way he's game-ready in the NHL system as opposed to adjusting from the AHL.

Over a short term, of course. Not an extensive period of time.

Agreed. Especially because we know Larsson will get into a lot of games this season, it makes no sense to send him down. Better to develop him here, rotating him into games.

You just made my point...I agree with you totally. I think hes going to be just the player you described. I'm arguing that hes exactly who you said. People on this board think hes the next coming and i havent seen that. My entire point is hes not the type of player like EK and not quite the type(style not skill) of player many thought he was when he was drafted last year.

Players like the ones he described are not easy to find either. Larsson is going to be a defenceman who quietly controls the entire flow of the game when he is on the ice. That is a #1, and it's a rare and valuable skill. I'm not expecting him to be an offensive dynamo, I'm expecting him to be a solid two-way positional defenceman. He will put up points, just it will be around 30-40 points instead of the 50-60 people want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->