Adam Laroche retires, debacle ensues

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
1 rumor I did read is that it's possible Abreu is who spoke up. Seeing as he was forced to leave his kid in Cuba just to get to the big leagues and here this under performing worthless hack gets to parade his around.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Yeah, and if they're found out to have complained Sale and his crew will give that unfortunate man a purple nurple and steal his lunch money.

Seriously though, it could be that Williams wanted to "clean house" of distractions, and just greatly underestimated the debacle this would become.

I def wouldn't have guessed a 16 year son of a player would have such reactions in a locker room.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah, and if they're found out to have complained Sale and his crew will give that unfortunate man a purple nurple and steal his lunch money.

Seriously though, it could be that Williams wanted to "clean house" of distractions, and just greatly underestimated the debacle this would become.

This definitely doesn't feel like Williams taking bullets for guys who didn't want the kid around. He might've done that for the media but I doubt he would for the team (and he already said players didn't want him before changing his story). This really seems like Williams acting alone IMO. I doubt players are meeting with the owner if Williams is just standing up for other players.

ytsur*

Folks, this isn't a cute little 7-year-old batboy. He's a ****ing highschooler. And he's got a locker? The next ten generations of Laroches will never need to work a day in their lives, and as if that weren't gift enough to Drake, daddy needs to carry around Drake in his back pocket, and this hip-attachment is being lauded as good parenting? Read Laroche's open letter; it's a bunch of religious mumbo jumbo (as religious **** always is). Kid is being adorned like a brat and should have enough prospective at this point to WANT to be apart from his dad. Drake should be embarassed that he's assuming a role typically reserved for elementary-aged kids (at best).

Barring cases of terminal illness, this kind of **** should not be permitted by any non-childcare employer.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You'd have a problem with talking like a regular human being while you're at work? Funny, I work in the media and I don't have that problem at all.

Some work places just aren't for children. My work place is bit of a boys club and some of the stuff said is pretty out there.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Drake should manage the team. Billy Heywood 2.0

And he should start Webman.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Folks, this isn't a cute little 7-year-old batboy. He's a ****ing highschooler. And he's got a locker? The next ten generations of Laroches will never need to work a day in their lives, and as if that weren't gift enough to Drake, daddy needs to carry around Drake in his back pocket, and this hip-attachment is being lauded as good parenting? Read Laroche's open letter; it's a bunch of religious mumbo jumbo (as religious **** always is). Kid is being adorned like a brat and should have enough prospective at this point to WANT to be apart from his dad. Drake should be embarassed that he's assuming a role typically reserved for elementary-aged kids (at best).

Barring cases of terminal illness, this kind of **** should not be permitted by any non-childcare employer.
Bravo! Very well said! :handclap:

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida

"i disagree with someone's politics so i'm going to attack him personally."

okay, man.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
If Williams is so Machiavellian, it was a brilliant ploy for a GM. He just got rid of a $13 million dollar plug.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Some work places just aren't for children. My work place is bit of a boys club and some of the stuff said is pretty out there.

Most work places aren't. I work in an office where a lot of people put on a phony face and smile and never offend anyone, but when someone gets fired, **** gets real.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
1 rumor I did read is that it's possible Abreu is who spoke up. Seeing as he was forced to leave his kid in Cuba just to get to the big leagues and here this under performing worthless hack gets to parade his around.

And? Sure it sucks to leave your kid but that was his choice.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah, very clear to anyone paying attention that it's Hahn's team and KW is a figurehead for JR.

He's here to take the fall on this kind of garbage, because he doesn't give a crap what people think of him.

Williams is really only around because he brought Reinsdorf a title and it was the first in a zillion years. Also did it before the Cubs so I assume he's got a job for life.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I have nothing wrong with this. Like I said before, LaRoche did the same thing as a kid, as did a lot of other sons of former players. Chris & Kyle Long being two notables.
Is Adam LaRoche really intelligent or something? I'd like to think a kid would learn much more about life in a school than in a clubhouse myself.

XLJ

Jan 4, 2010
It's very odd. Do you really want your kid just following you around all day everyday?

Anyway, it's his job and you need to act like a professional.

Laroache has made over 70 million in his career. I doubt he would retire if he was in this same situation in the early or middle part of his career. I don't get the people applauding his decision. It's much easier to be an entitled ****** when you are not living paycheck to paycheck.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't have a problem with kids being around the locker room sometimes. This though? His own locker? Send your kid to school like a decent parent.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI

I more or less figured Abreu is the most likely case. Kind of thought it'd be more of a he just didn't want the kid around.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
LaRoche's comment about learning more in the locker room than the classroom was hilarious. I mean, yeah, if you're good enough to be a pro ballplayer, but the rest of us 99.9% need an education.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
SUX.gif

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
As a twins fan, I find it funny that of all the players that could speak up around the league, Boyer was one to come to his defence. Must just be that Boyer himself just feels fortunate that other MLB teams let him have a locker in their clubhouse after the abomination he displays on the field.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: