Adam Laroche retires, debacle ensues

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
No player would ever admit to it.

If I were a player I'd have a problem with it, but I'd never go public with it. I can't imagine being ostracized for wanting to be able to be myself in the locker room without having to run everything through a PG-13 filter.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
And now Sale has erected a LaRoche "memorial" at his locker :facepalm:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Nobody is going to admit publicly that they wished he wasn't around during the media storm. It's not going to happen.

As for LaRoche himself. If he's willing to turn down that amount of money based on a minor grievance, I'm thinking he had one-foot out the door in the first place. Just needed an excuse.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
OK, if there was a clause in LaRoche's contract about this we need to know what the specifics of it were. KW could end up looking really bad if this was already agreed upon, but maybe it was vague as to the amount the kid could be there. Either way sale is acting like an idiot.

ytsur*

How does the kid go to school?

Private tutoring, homeschooling and spending childhood not being around other kids?

Yea, he won't be a maladjusted adult.

Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Private tutoring, homeschooling and spending childhood not being around other kids?

Nope.

Do you equate a baseball clubhouse to being locked in a cage in a basement?

The kid probably still has a social life. Do you think he sleeps at US Cellular?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
He goes to a normal high school from October-March and is homeschooled/given assignments from his school from March-June +September.

DyerMaker66*

If I were a player I'd have a problem with it, but I'd never go public with it. I can't imagine being ostracized for wanting to be able to be myself in the locker room without having to run everything through a PG-13 filter.

You'd have a problem with talking like a regular human being while you're at work? Funny, I work in the media and I don't have that problem at all.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
One of the weirdest stories I've read in sports. :laugh:

I'm a father and love my son more than anything but I don't expect to be able to be with him 100% of the time. And he's only 3, not 14. The kid needs to get out and live his own life a bit.

I would be like "Uhhh Dad, it's cool I won't go. $13 million dollars we can use more than me playing ballboy".

And of course no player is going to say anything about a teammate but I guarantee a lot of them hate it. It would drive me insane and I'm a pretty easy going guy.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

Nope.

“We’re not big on school,†LaRoche said. “I told my wife, ‘He’s going to learn a lot more useful information in the clubhouse than he will in the classroom, as far as life lessons.’ â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad