A pro Tank thread for the future of New York Rangers

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Yeah, ONE of those, those team have 3 or 4 hall of famers. You think Chytil, Andersson and whoever we draft next year are going to make us cup contenders? Bah, good one
Chytil and Andersson will be good players
Also, You're forgetting the guys we took with our first two selections last year, maybe you should look them up.
And if they do this properly and pick high in the draft next year and possibly the year after that who knows.
Its almost like theres a way all those teams got those hall of famers

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Chytil and Andersson will be good players
Also, You're forgetting the guys we took with our first two selections last year, maybe you should look them up.
And if they do this properly and pick high in the draft next year and possibly the year after that who knows.
Its almost like theres a way all those teams got those hall of famers
Yeah, it’s called good management. Good trading and above all a good coach

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
K'Andre Miller might win 5 Norris Trophies. What the f*** do we know?

If you wanna talk about the roster being bad now, it's bad. That's why we have a tank thread.

But it's pointless speculating on things that haven't happened yet, and in some cases won't happen for awhile.

Less then four calendar years ago, Derek Stepan scored one of most memorable goals in Rangers history. He was assisted by Dan Girardi and Keith Yandle. All three players are gone. This game changes rapidly.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Yeah, it’s called good management. Good trading and above all a good coach
Everything you mentioned there is a part of it. But drafting high through sucking is the first step for almost all these cup contenders/winners

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
There are still perennial bottom feeders, Arizona, Isles, Oilers. There’s no guarantee, the biggest thing these teams lack is a strong defence and great goalie

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
K'Andre Miller might win 5 Norris Trophies. What the **** do we know?

If you wanna talk about the roster being bad now, it's bad. That's why we have a tank thread.

But it's pointless speculating on things that haven't happened yet, and in some cases won't happen for awhile.

Less then four calendar years ago, Derek Stepan scored one of most memorable goals in Rangers history. He was assisted by Dan Girardi and Keith Yandle. All three players are gone. This game changes rapidly.
Yep who knows whats gonna happen, literally everything can turn out perfect or literally nothing can work out but right now its all one big guess as of right now.
But just about every team that has won in the cap era has done it through this process of sucking, drafting high, and building around that.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
There are still perennial bottom feeders, Arizona, Isles, Oilers. There’s no guarantee, the biggest thing these teams lack is a strong defence and great goalie
Theres no guarantee in any way you build a team, but this is currently in the cap era the most proven way to build a team

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yep who knows whats gonna happen, literally everything can turn out perfect or literally nothing can work out but right now its all one big guess as of right now.
But just about every team that has won in the cap era has done it through this process of sucking, drafting high, and building around that.
We're doing our best to suck. To get into that territory of 1st and 2nd picks, in 2019, you have to be lucky too.

But one thing I've learned is that, outside of the top 2 picks, the true gamebreaking talents end up being not who you expected when they were 18.

Reactions: mike14

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Theres no guarantee in any way you build a team, but this is currently in the cap era the most proven way to build a team
Well there’s lots of teams ‘tanking’ this year, just go to the Montreal thread, LA,Vancouver, Arizona and the list goes on. Their fans are all hoping for the same thing. Not sure we have a chance

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well there’s lots of teams ‘tanking’ this year, just go to the Montreal thread, LA,Vancouver, Arizona and the list goes on. Their fans are all hoping for the same thing. Not sure we have a chance
So are we good or are we bad? Pick one, here.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I also think it's possible to win a Cup with just very good players everywhere. Insane depth, no generational talents. Not the most likely route, but somebody will do it eventually.

But we're overdue for elite talent and I'd rather go that route.

Reactions: Riche16

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That’s not exactly true.
What do you remember about the 2003-04 Penguins?

And even if you do recall something embarrassing, their fans will bring up their three Cups since then in 0.02 seconds.

The New York Giants have been, largely, an embarrassment in my lifetime. Since 1993, they've played 25 seasons. 23 of them were horrendous. ZERO playoff wins in those 23 seasons.

What did they do in those other two seasons? Ask Cowboys fans who are my age which one really matters.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
What do you remember about the 2003-04 Penguins?

And even if you do recall something embarrassing, their fans will bring up my retheir three Cups since then in 0.02 seconds.

The New York Giants have been, largely, an embarrassment in my lifetime. Since 1993, they've played 25 seasons. 23 of them were horrendous. ZERO playoff wins in those 23 seasons.

What did they do in those other two seasons? Ask Cowboys fans who are my age which one really matters.
I don’t really care, I’d rather win with pride then lose with my tail between my legs

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Obviously integrity means nothing to you, We’re done
Show me where integrity's name is listed on the Stanley Cup.

I've been against "tanking" at times, and certain aspects thereof, but we're talking about abstract concepts of team-building. I'd sign up for 0-82 right this second if it guaranteed a future Stanley Cup. Anybody who wouldn't is delusional about what really matters in this sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad