A pro Tank thread for the future of New York Rangers

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The bottom will fall out soon enough. Zuc, Hayes and/or Kreisler will be moved and then the true free fall will happen.

Kreisler has been a complete no-show this season. I doubt there's much of a market for him/her.

He’s the le Barron of dissapearing acts

I think @AKA Chief meant he wants to trade-in his Chrysler LeBaron

convertible-1990.jpg

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I would trade every single veteran who isn't Kreider, Fast, Buch, Pionk and Skjei if I could. Even Henrik if I got a lot for him and if it was to a contender. Mika is a really valuable piece that could fetch something good. Hayes too. The others meh.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I would trade every single veteran who isn't Kreider, Fast, Buch, Pionk and Skjei if I could. Even Henrik if I got a lot for him and if it was to a contender. Mika is a really valuable piece that could fetch something good. Hayes too. The others meh.
They would not get nearly as much as you think for Lundqvist because of his salary. Of course, there is that pesky NMC with which they have to get around, too.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I would sign Artemi Panarin no matter the cost next offseason if he is available. He is a legit offensive threat that would make our existing players better. Especially for a guy like Chytil or Buchnevich in his line and if Kravtsov comes in and we get a top 5 offensive pick it would greatly improve our offense. Kravtsov could play half the season in Hartford though. Our defense would still be mediocre to bad though but we could still possibly make the playoffs next year. I would then fix the defense in the 2020 offseason and bring over Shestyorkin then were in business.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
They're going to pick between 8-12.

They're simply not terrible enough. Hank, Kreider and Zibanejad win them games. Namestnikov is a solid player. Just enough solid/good vet players to keep them from bottoming out.

Even with after the trades of Zucc and Hayes, still will be okay not awful. Besides, if Gordon was looking to bottom out (don't think he is), trading those guys with just over a month left in the season, is not enough time. imo

They will still get a very good prospect in that range though.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

They're simply not terrible enough. Hank, Kreider and Zibanejad win them games. Namestnikov is a solid player. Just enough solid/good vet players to keep them from bottoming out.

Even with after the trades of Zucc and Hayes, still will be okay not awful. Besides, if Gordon was looking to bottom out (don't think he is), trading those guys with just over a month left in the season, is not enough time. imo

20 games will be left after the trade deadline. 1/4 of the season.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I would sign Artemi Panarin no matter the cost next offseason if he is available. He is a legit offensive threat that would make our existing players better. Especially for a guy like Chytil or Buchnevich in his line and if Kravtsov comes in and we get a top 5 offensive pick it would greatly improve our offense. Kravtsov could play half the season in Hartford though. Our defense would still be mediocre to bad though but we could still possibly make the playoffs next year. I would then fix the defense in the 2020 offseason and bring over Shestyorkin then were in business.

2nd round floppers.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

The only thing this team is terrible at is tanking.

From a hardcore fan frame of reference mind you

From a casual fan and the financial management view of the organization, they are probably the best of the best.

Think of it like this. I made good money investing in MCD years ago, but I don’t eat that shit.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
As shitty as it is to say, but a Lundqvist injury is probably the best thing for the future of the franchise. Kreider and Zibanejad can score but it’s Lundqvist that keeps them in games with how bad the defense is.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Winter is coming and so is the Tank.....the next top 6 player to get hurt and it will be a race to the bottom 3

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
This is insane. The NHL somehow can trash a beautiful sport with horrendous officiating.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011

Buch is in no way an untouchable to me. He is mentally weak and I dont see him ever reaching a consistent top level on a good team. His situation reminds me a little of the way we overrated Duclair when he was here. Another guy with inconsistent effort.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
This is when things start to get ugly for the team and then the fans.

The start of the season there’s always that glimmer of hope and the lip service from vets like Hank who just won’t allow themselves not to think that they could win it all.

New coach, new system, some new players.

Then the harsh reality starts to set in as the talented teams ramp up their games a notch at a time in anticipation of the playoffs and the ultimate prize at the end. Just waiting to start their beards... no matter how young or futile that process may be (Crosby).

Things are going to get pretty ugly in the locker room if they haven’t already. Quinn will be put to the test also. Gorts will have the spotlight from the fans and what’s left of the press normally saved for Hank and the other “star” players so close to his face that he’ll be medium well by the time Feb hits.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Wings and Canes win, 3 point game between the Devils and Coyotes, and we take the L in regulation, good night.
Oilers are really coming on, they’re the epitome of tanking, just lost 4-0 to the Kings. No way the Rangers can top that lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad