A pro Tank thread for the future of New York Rangers

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
First the anti-tank faction is not fiction. There is enough evidence just in these threads that many times people thubk tanking is “gutless”, and that ”rooting for your team to lose” makes you not a fan.

There is also group as you said that don’t see the problem with picking low as low as you pick right.

It doesn’t seem to get through to them that there is little supporting for any method besides several years of bottoming out having success.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers have played 28 games and they are tied with Florida, Jersey, Chicago, LA and St. Louis for the fewest ROW with the 9. Chicago is the only other team with 28 games played. The rest have played fewer than 28 games.

Maybe the Rangers can get their first regulation road win this Saturday against the Panthers. That team plays crazy games. The Rangers have already beaten them twice at home. The Rangers always play well in Sunrise.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Knowing this team, they’ll get killed on Saturday and then squeak out a win against Tampa.

Another road shootout victory.

Domingue is going to get a break tomorrow or sometime this week. Domingue is playing tonight. Tampa has back to back road games in Jersey and Detroit. They sent their back up goalie to the AHL for game action this weekend and they called him up today. Pasquale.

He has played every game since Vasilevskiy broke a bone in his foot 2-3 weeks ago. 4-6 week injury.

Tampa and Florida have busy schedules this week.

Starting on Thursday,TB plays every other night. 3 home games in 5 nights. Boston, Avs and Rangers.

Florida has Boston on Tuesday and Colorado on Thursday this week.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I’ve been saying regression is coming. Looks like it’s been here for a while now.
I think most of the honest folks knew it would.

I guess there’s a diff between wanting to “tank” which I do not, and having an honest opinion of what we are and where we are the rebuild... therefore knowing that making the playoffs and being bounced in 4 games it barely missing is irrelevant in an effort to not have a “losing culture”

We are far better off picking 1-9 than being mediocre and an “also ran”

Reactions: Off Sides and jas

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Another road shootout victory.

Domingue is going to get a break tomorrow or sometime this week. Domingue is playing tonight. Tampa has back to back road games in Jersey and Detroit. They sent their back up goalie to the AHL for game action this weekend and they called him up today. Pasquale.

He has played every game since Vasilevskiy broke a bone in his foot 2-3 weeks ago. 4-6 week injury.

Tampa and Florida have busy schedules this week.

Starting on Thursday,TB plays every other night. 3 home games in 5 nights. Boston, Avs and Rangers.

Florida has Boston on Tuesday and Colorado on Thursday this week.

I think the 5 days off is tougher to deal with.

That’s a long time to go without actual game action. With the way they’re playing that may be a good thing (for the playoff pals) but I’d be shocked if they don’t come out flat on Saturday

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague

Look out below.

117466.jpg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
@jas has molded me into being more pro-tank and in between the games I can have an understanding of that and discuss it logically.

However, during the games, I still literally can't help myself. Instinct takes over.

I'm able to get over the losses almost immediately because I know the deal, but it's definitely suspended disbelief for 3 hours.

Anybody else still find themselves rooting?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
@jas has molded me into being more pro-tank and in between the games I can have an understanding of that and discuss it logically.

However, during the games, I still literally can't help myself. Instinct takes over.

I'm able to get over the losses almost immediately because I know the deal, but it's definitely suspended disbelief for 3 hours.

Yes. There's no way I'm going to watch them and actively root against them.

If they lose, I just check the standings and feel better. It's a win-win.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
They are going to try hard and that’s not a bad thing but they are going to trade Zuc and Hates regardless of standings . It’s the right move

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I root for certain players to do well. If they do and they win, so be it.

I was really annoyed with Hank stealing a point the other night though.

Reactions: Machinehead

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

My plan is working. You have learned well, young scion.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I root for certain players to do well. If they do and they win, so be it.

I was really annoyed with Hank stealing a point the other night though.
OTL's drive me up the wall this year. If you're gonna drag your carcass up the standings, you better send me to bed with a win.

That point is a total lose-lose. Just revolting.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
OTL's drive me up the wall this year. If you're gonna drag your carcass up the standings, you better send me to bed with a win.

That point is a total lose-lose. Just revolting.

4 SO wins (8), 1 SO loss (1) and 3 OT Losses (3).

If my math is correct, 12 of 29, or 41% of our points are post regulation.

Not what you want.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC

I never root against the Rangers.

I also think trading Hayes would be a mistake. Zucc, yes, get rid of him when he still has value.

Reactions: egelband

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Trade Hayes for one of Buffalo's Firsts, preferably St.Louis 1st. Maybe throw in something to sweeten the deal. Send Zucc to Dallas ASAP for a 1st as well. Hopefully end up with a top 3 (finally) a late teen and a mid 20 pick. Prob. a bit of over evaluation but I think 3 1st's should be the goal. Maybe 5 picks in the top 50.

Sign Panarin. Rebuild over.

Reactions: egelband

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Trade Hayes for one of Buffalo's Firsts, preferably St.Louis 1st. Maybe throw in something to sweeten the deal. Send Zucc to Dallas ASAP for a 1st as well. Hopefully end up with a top 3 (finally) a late teen and a mid 20 pick. Prob. a bit of over evaluation but I think 3 1st's should be the goal. Maybe 5 picks in the top 50.

LMFAO

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I never root against the Rangers.

I also think trading Hayes would be a mistake. Zucc, yes, get rid of him when he still has value.

You dont know what you are trading him for yet so how could it be a mistake? Secondly hes never gonna be more than a 55-60 point player, to contend we need more in our top 6.

Reactions: jas

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

I absolutely hate losing despite the fact that all the teams I root for are Historic losers. I am absolutely anti tank but I've secretly hoped for teams to lose at times and get pissed when the Jets and Knicks win their last game to ruin our draft position.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

rebuild over ?

so, trade hayes and receive back 1st rounders and panarin - rebuild over.

ok. got it

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Watching the Sabres leafs game and Buffalo looks good but could use more offense beyond the 1st line, we should be floating zuc and hayes offers to them now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad