Post-Game Talk: A frustrating game

What to do with the roster?

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid always has fire. It's a lot of the rest of them

Mikey could take his glove off and slap nuge in the face a few times and nuge probably wouldn't even get that angry.

You need every guy to want to battle till the end. Race hard to board battles, etc

I can't stand them, but you have to play the way Vancouver third line plays. Like guys who have been threatened every game they will be scratched
Nuge really needs to dial up a game here. Its unacceptable to from scoring 40 goals to 12. Especially given he's being glued to McD and Hyman basically all season. Games like Kings and Vegas really magnify how little battle there is in his game. Kings were targeting Nuge on pk all night. Looking for turnovers. Nuge is losing puck battles at the peak of his life. He should have man strength by now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Kind of expected it. Like I said the break happened at the worst time for the Oilers. They were on a huge tear and after two weeks off essentially that mojo is gone. This has been really bad since ASG. Without the Kane hatrick were staring at 3 losses in a row. Good thing we edged out Anaheim. It was never going to be easy after ASG. Oilers used a lot of energy getting back to where they are in the standings.

Yeh the ASG really f***ed with our mojo. I hate how McDrai have to go out there and buddy it up with everyone too. ASG should be abolished. Now we need to find our groove again, can barely make plays in the o zone right now everything looks difficult

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agree. Also, Brown and Janmark are just occupying space now. PK is not rocket science…anyone can replace them. Until we make some roster adds, bring in Lavoie, Send Brown and Janmark down, move Nuge to the 3rd line ( try McLeod in his spot) and keep Ceci down in the pairings and add Gags.
If we’re going to reset, then we should do it with a meaningful roster.
That is absolutely not true. Not anybody can PK and do it well.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeh the ASG really f***ed with our mojo. I hate how McDrai have to go out there and buddy it up with everyone too. ASG should be abolished. Now we need to find our groove again, can barely make plays in the o zone right now everything looks difficult
Yeah it bothered me too. I didn't even know Drai was friends with Pastaman. Made me sick seeing McD anywhere near Leafs players. I see they avoided the Canucks though. haha

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agreed.
The ASG is a complete waste of time.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Welp, the positive of this is if the upper management of this team felt like everything was A-OK because they couldn't lose for a while, this will bring them down to earth and reaffirm it's no time to put your feet up on the desk, we need to be aggressive this trade deadline and make the team better.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah it bothered me too. I didn't even know Drai was friends with Pastaman. Made me sick seeing McD anywhere near Leafs players. I see they avoided the Canucks though. haha

Actually that was surprising too, the Pasta thing. Guess they hang out in Europe. I swear Pasta better not be putting Bruins ideas in Drais head.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Actually that was surprising too, the Pasta thing. Guess they hang out in Europe. I swear Pasta better not be putting Bruins ideas in Drais head.
Unfortunately that was my thought.

Its why this season and how it plays out is so huge. I do think it influences Drai's decision. You could tell with Pasta the constant buddying, reminders of Prague, he was getting in Drais ear a lot. He made sure to be around him and they were on the same line. That was awkward.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Sometimes getting humiliated by your bitter rival can be a good wake up call. Or getting shutout by an AHL calibre goalie. Need to be way better for this next stretch of tough games. Btw, these games are basically unwatchable with this PBP crew. Worst I’ve ever seen or heard in my life.
Couldn't agree more. Louie is insufferable and Harnryan has not a clue what's going on on the ice. His tone never matches the action.

Reactions: bellagiobob

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Unfortunately that was my thought.

Its why this season and how it plays out is so huge. I do think it influences Drai's decision. You could tell with Pasta the constant buddying, reminders of Prague, he was getting in Drais ear a lot. He made sure to be around him and they were on the same line. That was awkward.

Boston is also an organization that knows how to woo players it wants. Had the exact same worries dude. And their need for a 1C is immense.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Well. at least Louie couldn't say one of our goals was being challenged tonight.:D

As I've said before, I don't usually get pissed off at them but I did again at Louie tonight.
Just before they scored, Skinner made about 3 saves then an incredible one that bounced up and he caught.
All Louie talked about is how good LA was at entering zone, etc, blah blah Fing blah

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If Janmark and Brown can do it, anyone can learn to do it. Already, I can think of Holloway as a candidate.
I understand that you dont like Janmark and Brown but if you want to see the PK drown...just take them off of it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Couldn't agree more. Louie is insufferable and Harnryan has not a clue what's going on on the ice. His tone never matches the action.
Louis is about as dumb a commentator as I would expect from some pugilist that ate far too many punches. Gazdik isn't any better between periods. Neither of these two will be splitting the atom any time soon.

Not sure what it is with so many TV commentators being ex players that just weren't any good, at anything. its as if these people can't find anything else to do and they don't like Car dealerships or something.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I’m probably wasting breath because this has been a problem for almost 10 years, but we have to stop with the lackadaisical starts that are complimented by refusing to shoot the puck. Under 10 shots in the first 6 games in a row is pretty telling. Lets the other teams goalie start to feel it, lets the other team get comfortable, and puts us in a position where we have to fight our way back into the flow of the game whether we’re leading or not.

The Kings had absolutely nothing going in the first 10 minutes of this game, then we decided to spend the two minutes on our power play standing around staring at each other. They got momentum off of that, we kept moping around the ice, then that was game. Had we even brought a 6/10 level of effort/focus instead of a 2/10 level of effort/focus we’re probably talking about a different game.

Just feels with the team when the execution or the ice is bad, instead of just getting down to basics i.e. working hard, shooting the puck, deflections, greasy goals etc they just double down and keep trying to pass the puck into the net.

Reactions: K1984 and T-Funk

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I understand that you dont like Janmark and Brown but if you want to see the PK drown...just take them off of it.
The better play might be to choose one of them to keep and punt the other to the PB or Bako in favor of someone with more bite in their game or someone with more offense.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The better play might be to choose one of them to keep and punt the other to the PB or Bako in favor of someone with more bite in their game or someone with more offense.
Its all about options IMO. Holland has built a team where there is a shortage of good PK players.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The bad news here is that the Oilers have likely given the Kings life with the coaching change and the dominant win.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Kings blocked 25 shots...20 more than the Oilers.
That speaks volumes about which team was fully invested in winning.

Reactions: Ibanez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad